alliance armament saiga drums

has anyone done business with alliance armament and had problems? ordered in stock drum and seven days later its still not shipped. called four days after placing order for a tracking number and they acted like it was unreasonable for me to have expected it to have been shipped yet.

At the bottom of the page, it does say this:

"Due to extreme demand we are occasionally behind on these drums, we are currently assembling and shipping drums every day. The stock levels are too close to monitor and vary day to day so there could be as much as a two week wait before it ships."

ETA: You have every right to call and see if it has shipped, and what the tracking # is if it did ship.

Edited by stnls1911

Welcome to the forum. :beer:

You're not the first to complain about them. I have only limited experiene with their drums (I shot a 20 rd, once). I think it jammed like 3 or 4 times. But I've also seen videos (theirs) where the drums work great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GMHAFZvyD8

Same day. Same gun with slugs and Surefire mags, then same gun, same ammo that was in the Alliance drum, but shot full auto with an MD Arms drum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIyu5JtlUK0

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 1

Good luck with that thing. I bought one with my first 12. Kept jamming on me and falling out under recoil. Bought an md20 and haven't looked back. Now the wraithfailure sits with my promag stick mags. Long story short cancel and get a md20 from css you will be happier in the end

• Like 2

Good luck with that thing. I bought one with my first 12. Kept jamming on me and falling out under recoil. Bought an md20 and haven't looked back. Now the wraithfailure sits with my promag stick mags. Long story short cancel and get a md20 from css you will be happier in the end

HUGE +1

heres an update....."IN STOCK ITEM" order was placed 7/18 called on friday 7/22 was told would be shipping that day or monday, called today thursday the 28th (ten days later) and it has not shipped and the website still shows they are in stock. woman in office tells me possibly today or tomorrow and she will see about sending it a faster shipping method on them, gee thanks. funny how my credit card was charged the same day I placed the order. I WILL NOT BE DOING BUSINESS WITH ALLIANCE ARMAMENT EVER AGAIN.

Edited by D-man70

heres an update....."IN STOCK ITEM" order was placed 7/18 called on friday 7/22 was told would be shipping that day or monday, called today thursday the 28th (ten days later) and it has not shipped and the website still shows they are in stock. woman in office tells me possibly today or tomorrow and she will see about sending it a faster shipping method on them, gee thanks. funny how my credit card was charged the same day I placed the order. I WILL NOT BE DOING BUSINESS WITH ALLIANCE ARMAMENT EVER AGAIN.

I would've asked for a refund if the IN STOCK ITEM didn't ship yet. If they don't want to refund your money, just file a dispute.

anybody have any info on the MD arms 20 round saiga 12 drum? gonna order that since AA is OUT.

A few minutes with the "SEARCH" function here will reveal the #1 choice, with the ProMag drums just a bit behind.

Either way, you'll be able to buy 3 or 4 working drums for the price you would would have spent on an AA doorstop. Granted, they aren't quite as sexy looking, but they will actually function.

• Like 1

anybody have any info on the MD arms 20 round saiga 12 drum? gonna order that since AA is OUT.

A few minutes with the "SEARCH" function here will reveal the #1 choice, with the ProMag drums just a bit behind.

Either way, you'll be able to buy 3 or 4 working drums for the price you would would have spent on an AA doorstop. Granted, they aren't quite as sexy looking, but they will actually function.

The AA drum is about the ugliest of the bunch...

The promag with some spraypaint on the back cover would still look better.

The AA drum is about the ugliest of the bunch...

The promag with some spraypaint on the back cover would still look better.

Well, there's no accounting for tastes, but I actually like the way the AA drum looks, with the milled metal construction and exposed shells and all. It gives the impression of being a heavy-duty piece of gear. I won't fault AA for their aesthetics, and I suspect that if they had a good operation, other people wouldn't either. I'd probably own an AA drum if I knew coupld get it to work in my gun (without butchering the gun itself) and if I didn't have to deal with jackoffs to buy it. Well, it would help if it were a tad cheaper too, but I'm a notorious skinflint. :rolleyes: