Well, the title says it all. The local Gun show is this weekend and I am going to go check it out. Although I don't know why!!!

I suppose it is "Hope" that keeps me going. I Hope they have decent prices, or desirable firearms, or even something New. I have not made a firearms purchase at a show for many years now, just ammo and Mags.

I don't get the logic of paying the same price I pay at the local shop, to someone who is just "passing through". Not like I can expect any kind of customer service down the road from "Charlie, 2 tables down". I usually see higher prices than most any Internet shopping as well.

Yet, here I go with a few hundred bucks in my pocket, wanting to spend it, but not finding squat that isn't a rip-off.

So again, Why do I keep going? Has anyone else felt this way? I keep giving them a chance, but they just keep letting me down.

Well, I could not find the Dracos I was looking for, but I actually found some good deals on accesories. Got a Voodoo Tactical 2 gun soft case, a 75 round drum for the 7.62x39, Afew extra Glock mags including a 31 rounder for my G 19. Seemed like what little ammo was there went quickly.

I have a couple of bulk ammo options around town though, so not too bad there. No Sabot slugs to be found at the show. I need some for my single shot slug gun, but at around $2 per shot locally, I guess I will look "on the line" for that stuff.

Seems anymore that talking to anyone there, you may as well just turn on "Conspiracy Theory, with Jesse Ventura" and watch the Marathon.

I think one good one was "We keep losing our factory jobs to them Japs! Ever since we bombed 'em, we felt bad and helped them make factories, and now they are making everything we buy"

Hmmmmm.....Anyway......

There were a few doozies! My girlfriend got the big mega-dose of about 6 different conspiracys in a 3 minute rant from one lady there.

Entertaining at least, and saw some strange old firearms as well.

That is the theme at all the local gun shows I have attended. Save for the rare or otherwise hard to find C&R type firearm, "nothing to see here" is what I have found. I do have one vendor that has ammo( like 7.62x39 or x54r surplus at a better than online price), Other than that, and powder/primers(yes I roll my own), not worth the parking fee!

guns are cool!! even if i couldnt buy anything, id still go to a gun show just to look

Same here, I went to last decembers gunshow here in phoenix in search of a sig mosquito at sub $300. What jerk offs, they were selling beat to shit mosquito's for $379 with those high quality "white nail polish" 3-dot sights and a dremeled stainless finish (went all directions with wire wheel :ded: ). After 5 hours of searching for something to buy I ended up leaving with a nice reflex sight and a couple of 10/22 mags ( they were defective!!!!). I was very disappointed.

guns are cool!! even if i couldnt buy anything, id still go to a gun show just to look

Same here, I went to last decembers gunshow here in phoenix in search of a sig mosquito at sub $300. What jerk offs, they were selling beat to shit mosquito's for $379 with those high quality "white nail polish" 3-dot sights and a dremeled stainless finish (went all directions with wire wheel :ded: ). After 5 hours of searching for something to buy I ended up leaving with a nice reflex sight and a couple of 10/22 mags ( they were defective!!!!). I was very disappointed.

yea, as i understand it, the quality of items at gunshows isnt exactly up to par. id rather buy directly from the store, or from online vendors. atlantic has sold me some pretty nice firearms!! 027.gif

I always buy ammo cans..can't have enough, and they are cheaper than at the surplus store

Odd. I find that ammo cans are cheaper in the surplus stores here in North Ga. than at the gun shows. The only time I even bother going to the shows lately is if I am considering a make of firearm I am unfamiliar with in the hopes of actually seeing one and being able to check it out first hand.

Every gun I've bought in the last few years was a internet purchase...

I always buy ammo cans..can't have enough, and they are cheaper than at the surplus store

Odd. I find that ammo cans are cheaper in the surplus stores here in North Ga. than at the gun shows. The only time I even bother going to the shows lately is if I am considering a make of firearm I am unfamiliar with in the hopes of actually seeing one and being able to check it out first hand.

Every gun I've bought in the last few years was a internet purchase...

we have one surplus store here in Augusta that I'm aware of, and she likes her stuff waaay too much..ammo cans at a recent gun show went for $8.00 and $10.00..they are $12.00 and $15.00 at the surplus store..