lol ok ChileRelleno you are right. i am full of it, you caught me it was all a hoax. seriously if you guys want more proof go get a ffl and a import license and file for yourself and see what the results are. oh and btw i tried to edit the post originally but it would not let me change the title just so you know. anyway i was just trying to let everyone know what is being approved and what isn't. dont worry i will not post anymore inside info for everyone to sling poo at.

• Like 2

This permit was approved without a scope rail, with form 6 for the saiga 12 with the rail was denied. If you read the stamp it tells you what the limitations are for import. Integrated rail system other than on top of the receiver or barrel. Now if someone wants to post a approved form 6 for a saiga 12 in original configuration after the study was published I would love to see it and find out why ours was denied.

Anyone else feel like the frog in the pot. First no rail, then no sights, what's next, no barrel? Exageratting of course, but, wtf?!

If the rail makes them no longer "Sporting", then people who own unconverted saiga 12s with a side rail are no longer 922R compliant?

maybe they're just trying to encourage people to get there drills out and put there saigas back to the way God intended them to be.

"maybe they're just trying to encourage people to get there drills out and put there saigas back to the way God intended them to be. "

Yeah right, you really don't see the prohibitions on that coming next?

You really think that they are going to stop passing new laws, or issuing presidential fiats?

Our only hope is that Novemeber 2012 is not that far away, IF, we can pull off a victory from the stupid and blind.

"If the rail makes them no longer "Sporting", then people who own unconverted saiga 12s with a side rail are no longer 922R compliant? "

Yes sir, and the precident was set a long, long time ago.

My very first SKS, back before you could even find the ammo easily, I think I was allowed to purchase 40 rounds when I bought it, because it was being rationed, came with a handy, dandy bayonet and lug, all assembled and bolted together, and then, a few years later, you got the bayonet in the box, but not assembled, because it was rumored that they may not be legal put together, then, you got both pieces, but no bolt, then, the lugs were cut off altogether.

And finally, some pinhead in DC decides to make any SKS with a bayonet, even if imported that way, non sporting, and hence, illegal, making all those SKS's unkosher, even if they were imported legally, before the restriction was in place.

And thats not even looking at the USAS 12 or Street Sweepers, for a possible ban, hell, just a back dated ruling, is easy beans for them in DC.

Edited by Mr Mivet

The problem folks... is WE allow these ASSHATS to be in power. We need to VOTE IN REPRESENTATIVES who will OUST these JACKASS ATF retards and get the constitution back in swing.

It has NOTHING to do with SPORTING... we need to have ATF forget the TERM sporting...

It is about RIGHT to BEAR ARMS shall not be infringed.

PERIOD.

No discussions, no debates, no what if's, no interpretations...

RIGHT TO BEAR

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Thats it

HOW HARD CAN IT BE?!?!?!

:smoke:

• 3 weeks later...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/70360-changes-in-new-imports-from-legion/#entry683465

The newer Legion 2011s apparently have side mounts.

When does this... 'Ban'.... Errrrrr... When do these new restrictions go into effect?

• Like 1

Legion is using pre approved Form 6's before the study was ever published. Once the form expires or the quantity is used up they can keep importing as is, I regret even posting this reply because I am sure I will get another 20 bad reputation hits lol.

• Like 1

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/70360-changes-in-new-imports-from-legion/#entry683465

The newer Legion 2011s apparently have side mounts.

When does this... 'Ban'.... Errrrrr... When do these new restrictions go into effect?

This is no more concrete than mindriots actual form 6.

This is just word of mouth, from a family member, to him, to us. It cannot prove or disprove the date of approval. It could have been approved before xmas for all we know.

I take it on good faith that mindriot is who he says he is....having spoken a few times with him?

He isn't offering to sell anything anyway is he? Do you see some ad for them from him anywhere?

• Like 1

do as you please. doesnt bother me, once eaa and legions form 6's run out for the s12 with the rail everyone will see my point.

Well, you could've chosen much less incendiary language to announce a form 6 disapproval for a scope rail. Everyone in this forum is jaded from "the sky is falling" study and the annual DD claims. You clearly got some posters stirred up. :rolleyes:

I can only hope you are wrong. But the powers that be recognize that it's easier to chip away at features than ban anything outright. This isn't passing new laws, it's a slow and persistent constriction of importability. Which is legal, and if history tells me anything is what they will continue to do.

• Like 1

do as you please. doesnt bother me, once eaa and legions form 6's run out for the s12 with the rail everyone will see my point.

Legion's pre-approved Form 6's, thank you, that makes sense.

I can definitely see them in the future without the side rail as noted in the 'Restrictions Stamp' you provided.

That said, I for one don't think that, I in particular, owe you an apology.

If you had said what you meant from the beginning and not came off as Chicken Little :chicken: ranting about a 'Ban' and having 'Proof'.

Your initial post and it's Restrictions Stamp being provided as proof of a Ban was just ridiculous to me, that was the burr under my jockstrap.

The number of Positives to my replies seems to imply many members felt somewhat the same.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say "Thank You." for the heads up, as some people may want to order their Saigas with the original factory side mount.

Myself, I'm going to take mine off, they're just dead weight to me.

With that I bid you and this thread, adieu.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

Legion's pre-approved Form 6's, thank you, that makes sense.

I can definitely see them in the future without the side rail as noted in the 'Restrictions Stamp' you provided.

That said, I for one don't think that, I in particular, owe you an apology.

If you had said what you meant from the beginning and not came off as Chicken Little :chicken: ranting about a 'Ban' and having 'Proof'.

Your initial post and it's Restrictions Stamp being provided as proof of a Ban was just ridiculous to me, that was the burr under my jockstrap.

The number of Positives to my replies seems to imply many members felt somewhat the same.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say "Thank You." for the heads up, as some people may want to order their Saigas with the original factory side mount.

Myself, I'm going to take mine off, they're just dead weight to me.

With that I bid you and this thread, adieu.

Good news is, those of us who removed our scope mounts with care, now have another part to sale. :dollar: