I was at a guns show over the weekend and saw some 410 drums for the saiga. They looked like they were made by Promag(I didn't pay a whole lot of attention). I was looking at the saiga 12 stuff and just happened to notice them. I don't have a 410 yet but those made me think about getting one. Just wondering if anyone has one and how the work.

I know Promag makes a 10 round 12ga drum for the S12 (very stupid in my opinion), I could see how that could be mistaken for a 410 drum. Maybe it was setting next to an S410? I second what Saiga Power's comment, if you see any more, buy them all! You won't get stuck with them, I know plenty of people itching for one, myself included.

• Like 1

I know Promag makes a 10 round 12ga drum for the S12 (very stupid in my opinion), I could see how that could be mistaken for a 410 drum. Maybe it was setting next to an S410? I second what Saiga Power's comment, if you see any more, buy them all! You won't get stuck with them, I know plenty of people itching for one, myself included.

There was a pile of them and they were sitting next to the 12 gauge drums. However, I know it was a 410 because of the the size of the mouth and the slots. I picked one up to look at it because I was curious. I will hit the next gun show and check. I figured that one had been released but I had just not heard about it. Maybe I will try and contacted the guns show organizers and find out what vender it was.

How do you know? Have you gotten a test one before anyone else and actually tried one?

Seems to me quite a few folks are happy with their drums, I have 4 of the 12 rounders , and they are the shit for having 12 available rounds in the smallest footprint out there, and they run good too.

If you are gonna smack talk, you better have the evidence to support your assertions, till then, its just whining.

Oh as for the PM 10 rounders, I understand the last two shell slots are plugged solid, same drum, just 2 less rounds, for the states that have a 10 round mag limit.

Edited by Mr Mivet
  • Like 3
  • 2 months later...

I'm going to be at the Tulsa gun show next week. Should be able to find them there if they can be had. I'd be willing to pick some up for you guys if I find them. Let me know if you're interested, and what price range you'd be willing to pay. Don't want to pick them up if no one can afford them.

I have a promag s-12 10 rd stick mag and it's a POS. had less than 75rds thru it and the spring broke. Called promag and after only three short weeks a new spring and follower arrived in the mail. Amazingly it cycles in my gun but if I'm unloading shells they get stuck in the mag and I have to beat on the mag to get the shells to the top. My dad owns some promag pistol mags and they are terrible. The pistol jams up with peonage in it. U figure with a name like promag they would have better products. What a waste of a good name

I'm going to be at the Tulsa gun show next week. Should be able to find them there if they can be had. I'd be willing to pick some up for you guys if I find them. Let me know if you're interested, and what price range you'd be willing to pay. Don't want to pick them up if no one can afford them.

If you had .410 drums in your hands ready to ship, you could name your price and they would all sell!

Every time I see a new post one of these 410 drum threads I get all excited and think it's going to say "they're here go to www.___ and buy 'em" But alas, it never does. wet_eyes.gif

It's a myth. Let it go man.

I did it again.laugh.png

It's not a myth, I'm a believer.

Ok, I'm highly skeptical they currently exist. Else there would be Youtube videos, outragous gunbroker.com auctions, and dozens of "out of stock" notices on MAA, CSS, and similar websites. But I think they are very produceable. I don't know why no one is making them. It's a matter of time, or an engineering matter I can't see.

Edited by bigdaddyhatty
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...