They'er probably on the thai food market. Cobra meat and blood,mixed with gall fulid is highly prized as a cure all. Truely deplorable conditions, note the 4 dead ones in the middle. I'm certain they aren't fed, or given proper water, just waiting for an order to show up. If not for food then they are kept for show. The traditional snake charmers defang their snakes(unlike vipers, elapides cannot regrow their fangs and slowly starve unless force fed) removing any real danger of envenomation from them.

• Like 1

Jeff I've raised hundreds of snakes (literally), from conception to natural and artificial incubation, through adulthood .... venomous and non, but the people who abuse rattlers and cobras piss me off more than any of the fucking trolls I've ever seen on this forum....and that's sayin' a-fuckin-lot....

I do have to say though, what an awesome sight that is with all those little cobras standing tall as they can. Yeah you can sling them around some, but when you are standing there face to face with a KING COBRA... lookin at ya eye ta eye six feet off the ground...THEN lemme see that motherfucker try that shit!

uh-huhhh :devil:

• Like 2

Jeff I've raised hundreds of snakes (literally), from conception to natural and artificial incubation, through adulthood .... venomous and non, but the people who abuse rattlers and cobras piss me off more than any of the fucking trolls I've ever seen on this forum....and that's sayin' a-fuckin-lot....

I do have to say though, what an awesome sight that is with all those little cobras standing tall as they can. Yeah you can sling them around some, but when you are standing there face to face with a KING COBRA... lookin at ya eye ta eye six feet off the ground...THEN lemme see that motherfucker try that shit!

uh-huhhh :devil:

i totally agree man, people who hurt animals piss me off to no end. anyway though, i love snakes, and most all reptiles for that matter.

• Like 1

I am but my 20 ga. isn't as of 6 pm central score is S20 2, rattlesnakes in dog yard 0. 1 today other 1 was a while back.

Sitting at home yesterday after work eating a popsicle (had a bad case of dry mouth). Girl dogs in the divided front yard barking, nothing new here I figure at each other. Pat comes in the back door and announces there’s a rattlesnake in the yard; crap again last one was a couple of months ago. Damn dog yard is like a snake magnet, if you want to get a collection of snakes just pick part of your yard and call it the dog yard I’m not sure if you even need to have dogs.

So now I’m thinking it’s in the front yard with Jade so while I’m grabbing the shotgun I tell Pat get her out of the yard. Pat doesn’t respond other than look at me like I was nuts for a good reason the snakes at the back gate that she would have to go to for getting Jade out. Jade’s not anywhere near the snake but she’s such a butthead she won’t let the other dogs bark and not bark back at them snake or no snake. With her I’m almost sure she was more pissed about the other dogs barking in her direction than afraid of some snake she didn’t know rattling at her, she’s part lab but thinks she’s all pit bull especially with the other girls.

So out the back door with the gun, I can hear the rattle but even with Pat pointing at it and telling me where it is I can’t see it, damn an invisible snake. I’m looking hard and finally see the tail up and wiggling between the fence and a pomegranate bush in a pile of leaves, I shoot the pile of leaves under the tail twice. No more sound including the dogs and no movement. Use a shovel to pull the snake out of the confined area and leaves he was in and then to remove the head (to me if a snake still has the head on the body it’s not dead enough). Kind of on the small side about 3 feet long and a lot thinner than most rattlesnakes I’ve seen and damn near black in color. It’s a rattlesnake for sure but kind of like the last one way darker in the coloration than I’m use to and this one was a lot louder than the last one. No question about it a young punk rattler out making trouble to make a name for himself, he fought the law and the law won.

At least this time no dogs in the way during shooting so now the Saiga 20 ga. has 2 confirmed kills.

Edited by going12220

I love all animals, especially reptiles, but damn! no way would I do that. I caught a nest of copperheads at the Lake Raystown damn here in Pa a few years ago and moved them down stream to save their asses and the asses of people and pets that visit there. They didn't seem thrilled by my intentions.

• Like 2

Snakes don't bother me. I used to catch snakes all the time when I was younger and too dumb to think/worry about exactly what kind of snake I was catching. Mostly Garter snakes, which of course are harmless. But I remember catching a few that I still don't know what they were. Could have been something poisonous for all I know :lolol: .

Now, spiders on the other hand? Kill 'em all with fire. Basically, anything with more than 4 legs, within eyesight, inside my place or on my porch........dies. If I ever see a spider inside my place that's large enough to freak me out for real, I'm burning the whole building down. Just to be sure.

haha shooter you're funny man. on a side note though, ive found that spring powered airsoft guns work well for dealing with spiders. of course id rather get them with my saiga12, but i doubt my neighbors would like that very much.

poisonous snakes though, I would relocate if i had kids or dogs. right now though, i have neither so if i find a rattlesnake near my home il admire it, and leave it alone. id love to pick one up and hold it if the things werent so damn dangerous!!

• Like 2

haha shooter you're funny man. on a side note though, ive found that spring powered airsoft guns work well for dealing with spiders. of course id rather get them with my saiga12, but i doubt my neighbors would like that very much.

I saw a spring powered gun that had a flat fly-swatter looking base on the stick it shot. So it would pancake flat up against the wall and crush whatever bug you're shooting at (yes, it's specifically designed to kill bugs). Thing is, this is the South. Bugs are big down here. One of them sumbitches would take a full power shot, laugh at you, and then throw it back! :lolol:

148067.jpg

I'm never going to Australia. Not even to visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU

• Like 1

"Thing is, this is the South. Bugs are big down here. One of them sumbitches would take a full power shot, laugh at you, and then throw it back! :lolol: "

Rofl, yeah you can say that again! I actually have one of those bug guns somewhere too...LOL!

What's even more cool are those electric bug zapper tennis racket looking things. I want one of these! http://www.ecrater.c...fly-swatter-bug

I saw a spring powered gun that had a flat fly-swatter looking base on the stick it shot. So it would pancake flat up against the wall and crush whatever bug you're shooting at (yes, it's specifically designed to kill bugs). Thing is, this is the South. Bugs are big down here. One of them sumbitches would take a full power shot, laugh at you, and then throw it back! :lolol:

148067.jpg

I'm never going to Australia. Not even to visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU

heh, man that looks like fun, i always enjoy creative ways of killing flys. flys, spiders, mosquitoes and ticks are the only things il kill without hesitation. cockroaches and some beetles too, i dont know why, but i freakin hate beetles. i gotta say though, youd probably need something more powerful for the really tough bugs. pellet guns seem to be good too, especially for these particular massive beetles we got in california.

this is what they look like, the prionus beetle. i hate these things

california-prionus.jpg

them landing on my screen window at night will be their last mistake. LOL

scary video with the spider too man. im glad we dont have bugs like that, at least where i live. i think having those running around would be cause to buy one of those tricked out full auto AEG airsoft guns with the high torque gears for extra power. i wouldnt be satisfied the spider was dead until it was a liquefied stain on the wall022.gif

Edited by Cali_Armz

"Thing is, this is the South. Bugs are big down here. One of them sumbitches would take a full power shot, laugh at you, and then throw it back! :lolol: "

Rofl, yeah you can say that again! I actually have one of those bug guns somewhere too...LOL!

What's even more cool are those electric bug zapper tennis racket looking things. I want one of these! http://www.ecrater.c...fly-swatter-bug

ive seen those before, but ive never gotten a chance to fry some mosquitoes with one. im almost inclined to build something equivalent with a 9 volt battery, wire coils, and some copper sheet metal. if you have enough insulated wire you could make something so powerful there would be nothing left of a mosquito if one were to find itself on the receiving end of it. LOL

• Like 1

ive seen those before, but ive never gotten a chance to fry some mosquitoes with one. im almost inclined to build something equivalent with a 9 volt battery, wire coils, and some copper sheet metal. if you have enough insulated wire you could make something so powerful there would be nothing left of a mosquito if one were to find itself on the receiving end of it. LOL

The tennis rackets work great :super:

Edited by Dad2142Dad

i like snakes alot also. I learned a lot about them since every time I photo a creature, I research what it is. And since I grew up in a swamp area, I see lots of snakes.

To me it looks like early morning in the video. Most of the snakes are asleep or are just not moving at all.

we had a few of the tennis rackets for the back storage/ floor sink room at work. the little ones would kill small bugs like fruitflies but would only stun houseflies. the larger (d battery) ones would fry everything. even would do good popping a co worker on the butt or elbow. :devil: fruitflies would swarm off the mop and you could just hear them pop like firecrackers. really really really tiny firecrackers.

• Like 1

Heheh now I'm definitely ordering a couple.... :lolol:

Maybe rig one up with a capacitor from a disposable camera and make a REAL zapper! :smoke:

Like the idea of the one that stuns house flies too! My Oscar loves to eat flies. Not sure if he wants em cooked though... LOL.

Maybe rig one up with a capacitor from a disposable camera and make a REAL zapper! :smoke:

Like the idea of the one that stuns house flies too! My Oscar loves to eat flies. Not sure if he wants em cooked though... LOL.

Dammit man... I knew I couldn't help liking you, my Oscar too, loves just about any insects.

Especially dragonflies and palmetto bugs. He also loves nightcrawlers and grass frogs.

I've had Allanon for going on 8 yrs,

allanonrightapr069jofullsize.jpg

Dammit man... I knew I couldn't help liking you, my Oscar too, loves just about any insects.

Especially dragonflies and palmetto bugs. He also loves nightcrawlers and grass frogs.

I've had Allanon for going on 8 yrs,

allanonrightapr069jofullsize.jpg

Wow man he's purdy! My old room mate used to have a big one here in a 50 gal tank. He was about 9 or 10" and still growing when he left. Coolest fish I ever had the pleasure to meet. He would pick up on people as they walked through the room and make eye contact, follow them around from one side of the tank to the other.... I swear he knew and recognized different people too. I finally bought a baby one for Racegal and me, and have been amazed at how fast he's grown the past few months since we got him. He's more than quadrupled in length and girth in just three months, and is just as personable and cool as my roomie's old fish. He getting to be a vicious little mutha! He's already jumping up and taking worms and bugs from my hand...lol. He'll bite your finger if you hold it over the water... :lolol:

This is JAWS....lol.

First pics were taken May 30th, a few weeks after we got him..... and my crazy ass cat Saiga's new favorite form of entertainment hahaha. He actually likes to watch the catfish most because he darts around so fast.

post-1293-0-41675000-1315066231_thumb.jpg post-1293-0-41284300-1315066260_thumb.jpg

Then the last three I just took a few minutes ago.... yes I know it's past time to get him outa the nursery and into his new tank. I have a 30 gal I can use temporarily, and I think a 40 -50 gal I'm currently getting set up to put him in. Tried putting him in another bigger tank last week but he started really fucking up our Black Moore and the other large Goldfishes in there so I had to take him back to solitary til I can get the large tank ready for him. Between work, hurricanes & cleanup, my Grandma passing, and my birthday, their has been zero spare time to be had around here lately. Gonna work on that today actually....

post-1293-0-18172800-1315066448_thumb.jpg post-1293-0-02530000-1315066464_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-43738700-1315066502_thumb.jpg

The tennis rackets work great :super:

heh, i imagine it does. fun and functional!!

if you use insulated wire you can build a step up transformer that could dramatically increase the voltage. combine that with a good capacitor and you could make man made lightning

• Like 1

if you use insulated wire you can build a step up transformer that could dramatically increase the voltage. combine that with a good capacitor and you could make man made lightning

Here's an 1800v zapper circuit:

stun_gun.gif

Safe enough, and it'll hurt like hell!

An old car ignition coil would be much better!

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

Here's an 1800v zapper circuit:

stun_gun.gif

Safe enough, and it'll hurt like hell!

good call man, it would probably be best to follow a block diagram for a known power of electrical output. just building the thing as it seems it should be built would probably lead to making something so powerful it would be lethal.

I'm pretty much a 'you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone' kinda person. Blood suckers like skeeters and ticks don't count nor do flies. But the one thing I cannot and will not tolerate are spickets. I HATE those things!

Hehehe Spider + Cricket = Spicket :lolol:

http://www.pestproducts.com/cricket-information.htm#Cave

Yep, the all too common Cave Cricket. We have them anywhere it's dark and damp here. Hell if I can feed them to the Jaws he won't ever need to eat store bought food again..lol.