Mags for Arsenal sgl21-31

I'm picking up my sgl on Monday and I'm needing to get some 30 round mags. Can someone recommend a good and cheap place to buy them at? I think it would proably be best if I buy metal mags.

Thanks,

Joe

Anyplace that sells AK magazines. AIMSurplus, CenterfireSystems, CheaperThanDirt, forums, local gun shows, GunBroker..

Try not to spend much more than ~$10.00 each for surplus steel mags and you'll be in good shape. Avoid the newly manufactured Eastern European mags. If it looks like it's been through hell, it's probably good to go.

Edited by KC913

I just ordered two 30rd mags and one 20rd steel mags from centerfire systems. They arrived in good time and were the real deal, a couple had tiny spots of rust on them, nothing a dremel wire wheel and some cold blue couldnt fix. They all function perfectly and I got the three for 40dollars including shipping. It was the best deal around, i did a bunch of looking before I bought them. I think its 10dollars shipping for all non ammo, nonfirearm purchases.

Any good, surplus, steel 20-30rd AK47 mags will work.

Second the, "Don't spend more than $10. per mag."

No smoking hot deals that I see right now, e.g. 10mags for $75.00, or similar.

Aim Surplus is always a favorite shopping spot for me, best deal right for them is, http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47E30&name=Surplus+European+Steel+AK47+7.62x39+30rd+Magazines&groupid=15

Check here for deals, http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype=arms&category=1&subcat=1

I bought 4 from a guy on Gunbroker for $9 each plus $7.50 shipping on all 4. Normally I buy from AIM, too(especially my ammo when Yugo is in stock)

If you buy any aftermarket poly mags, stick with Tapco only. Right now, Benny at www.milsurpstuff.com has Tapco 30 rounders for $9. Last Promag I had for my PT100 should have been renamed "Jam-o-matic". If you want it, it's somewhere in the woods at the top of Lookout Pass.

i got my mags from aimsurplus.com i got there europlean surplus mags for $10 each and when i got them they looked like brand new,the euro mags fit the best in my arsenal slg-21 and my yugo.i bought some new bulgarian steel mags from aim and they fit very fit or didn't fit at all so i returned them and got euro mags instead.i have 10 steel mag for backup or whenever the shtf and i use two for the range.buyt the euros you won't go wrong.

Avoid the grey steel mags. Those are new, commercial South (obviously :D) Korean production mags and they're generally inferior in construction to combloc milsurp mags, and they don't match the rifle, (unless you've got a matte medium grey rifle.. which would look like shit). Some mags look great in spite of not matching the rifle; e.g. my Izhmash "bakelites":

bakes5.jpg

bakes6.jpg

...but the grey mags fall well short. Generally, in steel; go with combloc milsurp mags, (they're uniformly black). In polymer, go with Bulgarian "circle-10" mags. When you can find em for a "good" price, (<$40 apiece), pick up a couple Izzy or Tula "bakelites" for the coolness factor. ;)

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

I saw those, I guess I was thinking there would be an ak47 bakelite product page that said 'sold out' that I was missing. So, if they had them they would be pictured on that page?

Yep. How many bakelites are you looking for? :angel:

Bakelites you're going to have to hawk forums for. The supply of them is pretty much dried up at retailers. I have about 8 of them, most Izzy but some Tula and I love them. Bulgarian circle 10's are better mags tho, and cheaper. Best value out there, and Idk why people are so opposed to them, are combloc steel mags. Any country of origin will do. Norinco Chinese mags seem pretty good too. If you want REALLY cheap mags, pick up some tapco's from Cals Sporting Armory or Hamlund Tactical. Cals's sells them for 6$ a mag, Hamlund for 5.50$ a mag. Both also have excellent prices of Bulgarian mags.

Avoid the grey steel mags. Those are new, commercial South (obviously :D) Korean production mags and they're generally inferior in construction to combloc milsurp mags, and they don't match the rifle, (unless you've got a matte medium grey rifle.. which would look like shit). Some mags look great in spite of not matching the rifle; e.g. my Izhmash "bakelites":

...but the grey mags fall well short. Generally, in steel; go with combloc milsurp mags, (they're uniformly black). In polymer, go with Bulgarian "circle-10" mags. When you can find em for a "good" price, (<$40 apiece), pick up a couple Izzy or Tula "bakelites" for the coolness factor. ;)

I have one of those grey mags. It works fine with my SGL21.

My complaint about the grey ones is that I laid one on the ground in my basement and in a few weeks that side was rusted. The other mags I had laying there did not. I'm not sure the reason but in my experience they rust easier than other mags. But they work fine for me also.

i get my mags here. takes about 3 weeks depending on your location in the states. i do a lot of business here so the guy is legit.

http://soviet-milita...30-rd-sm-43-361

Is he still charging $25.00 shipping per mag?

i dont think so. i bought 3 for my 5.45 and the shipping was about 40 bucks. now if you only buy one then you will pay out the ass for the shipping. ive done that. and kicked myself in the ass. bought one mag to see if he was legit a while back and i paid for the mag and 20 bucks for shipping. but then i got wise and started buying more than one. so the more you buy, the more you actually save on shipping, so to speak.

does that make sense? it did when i typed it, but now im second guessing myself. :rolleyes:

oooh. he just added some 45rd. rpk bakelites again.

Edited by Captain Hero

i get my mags here. takes about 3 weeks depending on your location in the states. i do a lot of business here so the guy is legit.

http://soviet-military.com/product/soviet-russian-ussr-military-ak-bakelite-762-mag-magazine-30-rd-sm-43-361

Wow, the mag selection there has really decreased. <_< They had steel and aluminum 7.62x39 mags not long ago, along with a better selection of bakelite/polymer.

Wow, the mag selection there has really decreased. <_< They had steel and aluminum 7.62x39 mags not long ago, along with a better selection of bakelite/polymer.

They come and they go, ebb & flow.

They come and they go, ebb & flow.

I s'pose.. but it looks like he's also having to officially call a bunch of AK parts "airsoft" parts as well.. maybe that's been the case for awhile, but I didn't notice it before. :unsure:

i think its mainly cuz of customs and other shit. for a while he stopped listing his mags on the site. he just recently put them back up. and since last night, he added the 45rd. 5.45 mags.

he had a huge selection at one time, but then the hole magazine section went away. he told me it was cuz of customs. he had to start shipping the mag bodies sperate from the springs and followers in seperate packages before he took them off the site a while back. he told me that things will get back to normal but it may take some time. time will tell.

but for whatever the reason, he did have some bad ass shit for sale. still does but gotta kinda dig for it a bit.