recoil reducer?

I am looking to buy a saiga 12 soon but i am curious if anyone has come up with or figured out some way to make their own recoiling reducing system. I can shoot the gun fine but due to a car accident a few years ago i was left with some pay in my shoulder, while i usually just ignore it i dont want to add to any trouble i may have in the future. can anyone help me out with this.

I use this, as I have a K-Var stock, and it is wonderful. I couldnt imagine shooting without it.

It is an AK Grenade launcher recoil pad.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/ARwHTKlqTrbqsy9lF0k8oWpHYFtEVKZo4GL402bpIXIX_weDq-vVTlZJVuNeg_6t76OgbWF3VpIO92EbejouMh8-z0L869uL4OLNwNe6zUWxzypXNHICnmCtdy22gtksmC3VF1U23A-PGOCQhINu2zVdK452-2BIT4vXZw

I put one of the Phoenix Kick Lite stocks on my Saiga. It absorbs a lot of recoil and if I have the ammo I can shoot all day with no pain or bruising. They make it for converted and non-converted Saiga's. Good luck in your quest, Castalia

http://store.carolin...TE-SAIGA/Detail

Edited by Castalia

I have a 16oz C&H mercury recoil compensator. (google it. ~35 from the manufacturer. Benelli's comparable tube costs an extra $200) I also have a kick eez recoil pad. The combination works pretty well. Its hard to say how much more effective the mercury tube is than just adding weight. I can't compare it to the others listed above, but I have been satisfied with this combo.

Sadly, I just switched to Bulgarian furniture, and neither of the components I have will fit without modification. I am looking for a solution now. Likely I will grind a kick eez to fit, and bore out the cleaning kit cavity to fit my large diameter reciol tube. (you can order them in smaller diameters, and they would fit without alterations)

If get lazy, I may just try out one of these ~$10 on ebay.post-17871-0-13238300-1320347187_thumb.jpg

I would buy it from a vendor if they would sell them. Anybody tried one? It looks much cleaner than the grendade pad. I think I would rather use a kick-eez or limbsavr slip on than the grenade pad. That thing is ugly, and the name brand ones are both very effective. The libsavr slip on is around $20 at wall mart so that's the same as the AK grenade pad when you factor shipping.

Edited by GunFun

I have a 16oz C&H mercury recoil compensator. (google it. ~35 from the manufacturer. Benelli's comparable tube costs an extra $200) I also have a kick eez recoil pad. The combination works pretty well. Its hard to say how much more effective the mercury tube is than just adding weight. I can't compare it to the others listed above, but I have been satisfied with this combo.

Sadly, I just switched to Bulgarian furniture, and neither of the components I have will fit without modification. I am looking for a solution now. Likely I will grind a kick eez to fit, and bore out the cleaning kit cavity to fit my large diameter reciol tube. (you can order them in smaller diameters, and they would fit without alterations)

If get lazy, I may just try out one of these ~$10 on ebay.post-17871-0-13238300-1320347187_thumb.jpg

I would buy it from a vendor if they would sell them. Anybody tried one? It looks much cleaner than the grendade pad. I think I would rather use a kick-eez or limbsavr slip on than the grenade pad. That thing is ugly, and the name brand ones are both very effective. The libsavr slip on is around $20 at wall mart so that's the same as the AK grenade pad when you factor shipping.

It looks like the recoil pad that was sold for use with the SKS. The hole in the middle is for getting to the cleaning gear pocket.

The tubes and pads are good points, dont forget weight though. I'm not sure if I'm recomending build the gun intentionally heavy, but don't go out of your way to make it light. Heavier gun means harder to push back into the shooter. There might be some brakes somewhere you can look in to, but I don't know enough about them to comment, I stopped looking when I found the Poly Choke II Breacher ;)

A friend of mine that has shoulder problems put a Mako recoil reducing stock on his Romy SAR 2, and that thing feels like a .22 now. Not that a standard 7.62 AK has a ton of recoil, but it was drastically different side by side to my Yugo M70 pictured in my avatar. (middle with Tabuk stock) I figured that I would probably get one for my S-12, because I've had 4 surgeries to correct my right shoulder, and it gets sore as hell after a day at the range. With the different stocks I've had on my S-12, I'm only good for a few 10 round mags and then I've had enough.

howdy. I'd also like to ask a question along the same lines...here in the peoples republic of connecticut, we are unable to use a pistol grip stock on the s12. does anyone make a factory looking stock that has a recoil reducing system? I was thinking about this type..

BiCn5l.jpg

Edited by ripjack13

I run a enidine hydraulic recoil buffer tube, with a snap on limbsaver pad on a ace m4 style stock. Used to use a monster brake too, but I took it off. It shoots like a dream, and I've never had a sore shoulder, even after 200 rounds of birdshot and slugs. I'll link to a good topic about the enidine.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/68157-q-for-those-that-have-the-enidine-shot-shock/

Edited by yooper14.5