Q for those that have the Enidine Shot Shock

Howdy All

Sorry if this is a duplicate but

I have a Enidine Mil Spec Shot Shock in a Magpul CTR Milspec (so it says...) stock and there is visible play -- definately not tight nor snug. Is this your experience also? I'm almost thinking that the stock was mislabeled.

So, how do yours fit???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a video of the enidines travel as it absorbs shock, and the wobblyness of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2brujOCy7jI

Posted Images

Been debating this setup also, as I have a CTR mil-spec waiting for a tube. Where did you get the shot stock from? I've been seeing the Enidine part #SP22898, and another labeled Mesa Tactical/Enidine #92170. Both claim to be mil-spec....

I have one and It works fantastically.

On the downside it's measurements are not exactly milspec, it is in fact a little smaller. My milspec CTR will not friction lock onto the tube, there's still play even with it engaged.

That being said, I still use the CTR and the Enidine because holy shit does it make it more enjoyable to shoot and speed up my follow up shots. Full power 1 oz 1600fps slugs are comfortable to shoot with it.

Edit: As a disclaimer I have 3 milspec CTR stocks manufactured over a year apart from first to last. I tried them all on the buffer and they all fit identically. All 3 lock up perfectly on the actual AR milspec buffer tubes they normally reside on. It's definitely the Enidine, its a few 1000's too small.

Edited by Bitbasher

Thanks for the replies

Got the Shot Shock from Brownell's: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=50483/pid=24301/Product/SHOT_SHOCK_RECOIL_SYSTEM

I tried the Mako GL Shock tube but returned it immediately -- it was plastic (including the part that attaches to the rear of the Saiga) and it did not feel like it would last...

Wondering if the Mako fits any better??? Just an idle thought since I would not use it, even if it fit like a glove.

Howdy All

Sorry if this is a duplicate but

I have a Enidine Mil Spec Shot Shock in a Magpul CTR Milspec (so it says...) stock and there is visible play -- definately not tight nor snug. Is this your experience also? I'm almost thinking that the stock was mislabeled.

So, how do yours fit???

Well, now, maybe I'm wrong, but my Enidine seems to like only AR stocks. Maybe that's it and maybe it aint. But it's a thought. Wouldn't go back though. I love the Endine Shot Shock. Already modified my S12 to take the AR collapsing stock, now I am going to put another Enidine into it like I did for my 870 Remington. Good luck brother.

Just for conversation, would it be worthwhile to shim the tube(flexible plastic sheet or metal sheetstock, or even electrical tape)? Maybe it was supposed to be a few thousandths under so as to fit a greater number of buttstocks. JMO

Edited by EWOKETEER

Just for conversation, would it be worthwhile to shim the tube(flexible plastic sheet or metal sheetstock, or even electrical tape)? Maybe it was supposed to be a few thousandths under so as to fit a greater number of buttstocks. JMO

Good idea. Maybe even some JB Weld. I've used JB Weld to repair both my S12 and Thompson 45 acp mags. Best thing is JBW can then be gradually sanded down to the right diameter.

slight hijak - I'd love to get the endine, but what I'd love move would be some kind of slim, ACE like stock, made specifically for the endine. Especially hearing from you guys that it doesn't really fit mil-spec stocks like it should. has anybody found a stock that fits perfectly? vltor, different model magpul etc?

Edited by AtlSaiga

I have used the enidine and like it on my full size gun. It does cause my gun to FTE light loads that might function on a rigid stock. But.. for stuff that is stout, it makes a big difference.

I tried using an enidine on my SBS and it was a no go, it needs all the recoil it can get to cycle.

If anyone wants to give it a try, I will sell my used one for (SOLD), I see they are $140 now days so that is a good deal. It was not used for more than a box of shells.

Edited by SpaceGhost

Odd Man Out and the others, approx when did you buy your Enidine Shot Stock/s? I literally just ordered one of those for my S-308, (to use with a mil-spec CTR), and this is the first I'd heard of the Enidine not fitting mil-spec adjustable stocks properly. Just mho, but for $130, (what I paid), it really should. :evil:

I guess I can hope that this is a problem that has been addressed in their "newer" models. I'll know when it gets here next week.

GOOD NEWS -- on a whim, I put a piece on green frog tape (just like that blue painters tape, same thickness) on the top of the enidine tube, slide the CTR on and it fits snug!!! My and hopefully all other enidine owner's problems solved. Hope this helps.

Now I need to find black masking tape to camo it up...

UPDATE -- I tried black duct tape but it was too thick. The painter's tape is the way to go but it is not perfect. If you slide your stock around much it will rip up the tape. I figure once the wife gets the stock set for her that I will put the tape on and leave it at that. At least for me the problem will be solved. Don't think this will be the ultimate solution for those that "fidget" with their stocks...

Edited by Odd Man Out

In my case it doesn't impact accuracy at all, it's just a little more rattly than it should be. I bought it when they first really became available a year or more back.

I don't give a rats ass, as it's an AK based design, it's going to rattle. I just wished I would have known because if I had I would have put a MOE stock on it instead of the more expensive CTR since the entire selling point of the CTR is the friction lock which now causes neither friction nor locking.

The ability to put 8 full power 1 oz slugs into b27 target in 3-4 seconds at 25 yards controllably with no discomfort at all is something that absolutely puts a massive shit eating grin on my face every time. For that there is no substitute.

Edited by Bitbasher

i have a Mako GL on my shot shock and it has alittle bit og room but its nothing to worry about., i've put quiet a few rounds down range with it and haven't had a single problem, except that i go through ammo really fast.

Edited by sam .223

Just for everyone's info, I busted out the digital calipers and the Enidine is 1.138 in diameter, whereas a milspec buffer tube should be 1.148. So yeah, it's off.

Gay.

The Shot Stock is supposed to be a premium part, (certainly has a premium price tag), and they can't make it to the correct dimensions?! :evil:

Oh well, guess I'll try the "tape method" when it gets here.

Also, just to provide warning to those getting/ thinking about getting one, the spring inside vibrates. Its NOT a hydraulic system. When you drop the hammer, the spring vibrates, when you shoot, it vibrates, when you tap the stock, it vibrates. Is kind of loud and annoying. But it works so well its worth it.

So? If I have my ears turned up high enough, I can hear the buffer spring buzz in my buddies' AR, too.

What's the spec fro the civilian AR buffer tube? maybe some idjit got their numbers ass-backwards. Certainly wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened!

Maybe we're looking at this wrong as far as the shim material goes. What about using heat-shrink tubing? It would be like making a battery pack. Depending on the thickness of the shrink tubing, one could vary the thickness with underlying layers of painters tape or electrical tape and adjust to fit. An idea.....

the JB weld sounds like a better fix than tape at least more permanent, I know there are plenty of haters for JB weld Im no fan myself but it does have its applications. We use marine tex (basically same thing just rated for water use) to fix hydraulic elevator pistons that have been gouged or scratched. we just fill the void and sand smooth. If it can stand up to consant friction, heat and pressure of lifting 10,000+ lb loads for 30 years I think it can handle you collapsing a stock a few thousand times.