Q for those that have the Enidine Shot Shock

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a video of the enidines travel as it absorbs shock, and the wobblyness of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2brujOCy7jI

Posted Images

the JB weld sounds like a better fix than tape at least more permanent,

Can't wait to see your method of applying an even .005 coat on the tube?!?!

I dont think you would need a complete coverage even coat I was thinking more like two or three dots a long the top then sand those dots to your desired five thousands that way you get contact points. I wasnt talking a bout resurfacing the entire tube im just talking about taking the wiggle away.

Okay so here's an idea,hate it or love it... :killer: or :super:

On right/left/top of stock, drill and tap a #10-24 or #10-32 hole,then using small set screws with polymer tipped ends,snug LIGHTLY until you get desired friction.

Just a matter if you want 3 holes in your stock.

Ill look around and find the set screws with the polymer tips if need be.

Edited by snafu360

Damn, that's a lot more wobble than I expected. I still have time to cancel the order I placed for one, and I think I'll do so. For ~$130, they ought to offer a product that's actually mil-spec in diameter as advertised.

Guess I'll go with a Vltor and address .308 recoil with a muzzle brake/compensator.

Personally, id still get it even with the wobble, it really does an amazing job, and the wobble looks like a easy fix with some tape or maybe dots of jb weld. I'm gonna try the tape tomorrow. Ill post a video of it and the improvements.

Edited by yooper14.5

RE: Video

wow that's a lot of play. Somebody out there HAS to have some kind of plastic sleeve that can fit to tighten it up.

but I can imagine, if its half as good as the comp-stock I have on my mossberg, it should make shooting a shotty super nice.

Just watched the video thats alot of movement,and I just bought one. What about Liquid tape?? Paint it on the tube one coat at a time,just around the top and sides.I was at my local auto supply store and I saw liquid black electric tape with brush applicater in the jar??

Edited by vermontmadman

I originally had a CAA stock and it was really bad with the wobble since the CAA was for civilian size tubes...

I have milspec CTR's on both of mine now and I have to try to get it to move when I put in the friction lock. It isn't perfect, but it doesn't bother me like it did with the CAA.

Okay so here's an idea,hate it or love it... :killer: or :super:

On right/left/top of stock, drill and tap a #10-24 or #10-32 hole,then using small set screws with polymer tipped ends,snug LIGHTLY until you get desired friction.

Just a matter if you want 3 holes in your stock.

Ill look around and find the set screws with the polymer tips if need be.

I was originally thinking of that or spot welds but then I remembered this is a hydraulic shock absorber (hollow tube filled with oil) I would be scared to drill to deep or heat it up.

I talked to a guy at Mesa tactical today (the ones who own the enidine line, not the makers)and he agreed with me that they are a little smaller then mil spec measurement,and are a bit loose but the have never had a complaint and sell a ton of them and even one of the government law inforcement agencys just order a bunch and are making them a standard on all thier shotguns and did not have one complaint either. But then he said if its to bad just put a little tape on it and it will tighten up,so that being said they know its loose??

He also said the have been thinking about making a mount for the saiga shotguns but its been kept on the back burner for a while and not moving forward. So I guess in there eyes its fine???

Edited by vermontmadman

Personally, id still get it even with the wobble, it really does an amazing job, and the wobble looks like a easy fix with some tape or maybe dots of jb weld. I'm gonna try the tape tomorrow. Ill post a video of it and the improvements.

Yeah, after some thought, I've decided not to cancel the one I ordered and wait for it, (it'll be a week or two as it's on backorder).

If it works as well as you say, I think it'll be worth having on the .308.

vermontmadman: That "liquid tape" might work, but it also might make the Enidine flammable for a few days. :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic

That video above shows a stock that is ridiculously loose. My CTR stock in proper mil spec diameter is nowhere close to that loose. At the very least the stock in that video is of commercial diameter to be that loose.

For me, I don't care, as this part works notably better than the Knoxx Spec Ops Stock on my Mossberg 500 by comparison. No comparison, the felt recoil is significantly less, and it feels less "bouncy" if that makes sense to those of you that have used the Knoxx.

It's on a gun that is less than rattle free, and in a push button folding stock mechanism that isn't rock solid to start with. Your Saiga-12 is a tool, and I believe in treating it like one. This makes it a more effective tool by no small margin. I put this in the same category as people that would cause premature wear on their AR with an accuwedge. It's a tool. If it works, use it.

if my stock is a commercial size stock, i will be extremely pissed at ace for selling a commercial as a mil spec. ill measure it with calipers in a few days, i dont have a pair but a friend does. ill report back about it. sorry for not getting the tape fix video posted, i havnt had time, but im going to try to do it tonight. i just bought this stock and i know it was marked mil spec. if its commercial ill have to keep the tape on there because i cant afford to replace it with a correct stock. and to post-apocalyptic, i think youll be very happy with the enidine. it should be very effective on a .308.

Edited by yooper14.5

ok everybody, heres my tape video. the right side has 3 layers of tape, the left has 2 layers, and the top has 3 layers. i ran the tape lengthwise, so the stock has no issues with adjusting, as i demonstrated in the video by moving it fast. sorry for the bullshit logo thingy in the center of the video for the first half, i had to download a video editor because my old one sucks, and now it does that..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9JCwOeaGQw

edit: i just got my old editor working again, so that mark wont appear in any of my videos again.

Edited by yooper14.5