Mexican Gun Laws Ensure Only Criminals Have Guns

Interesting story about a Mexican community that had to illegally get guns in order to protect themselves. Mexico is proof that outlawing guns only hurts the law abiding citizens. I know it’s an old story, and no surprise here, but I have to give props to NPR for reporting it.

http://www.npr.org/2012/01/28/145996427/mexican-community-takes-taboo-stance-on-guns

• Like 1

1st Sentence says everything...

In Mexico, where criminals are armed to the teeth with high-powered weapons smuggled from the United States, it may come as a surprise that the country has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the world.
Thank you Obama Administration, US DOJ/Eric Holder, not that some weren't smuggled before, but they made damned sure that thousands made into Mexico and into the Cartel's hands in particular. But where do most come from? Not from the US, that is the secret kept from the ignorant masses of zombified US ciitzens.
"In the black market, it's very easy to acquire mostly American-made weapons here in our country, but through the legal process it's ... very complex and expensive," Alex LeBaron says.

Yeah all those Select fire and Automatic weapons, grenades & RPGs come from the US... Yeah right.

What was it, 15-20%? A very small percentage of all captured Cartel weapons could be ID'd as US made and traced back to regular FFL sales in the US?

It was incredibly small IIRC.

But do Mexicans want gun laws similar to those in the U.S., where buying an assault rifle can be as easy as buying a beer?

Basilio Sabata Salaices is the mayor of the municipality where Colonia LeBaron is located.

"Here, guns are very restricted," he says. "But I see in the U.S. many things happen because youth don't know how to use guns. I don't think we should make it easier to possess a weapon, as in the U.S."

Then educate kids at home and in school... Ya know the way it used to be done.

Beto Renteria is a prominent businessman in Nuevo Casas Grandes, whose wife was kidnapped three years ago and returned after he paid ransom.

"There are lots of Mexicans who have never shot a gun," he says. "It could be dangerous putting a gun in the hands of an inexperienced person; we could hurt someone."

Then educate kids at home and in school... Ya know the way it used to be done.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

It should also be pointed out that gun restrictions in Mexico only affect poor people for the most part. If you have enough money, and you haven't somehow run afoul of the local cops, you can have anything you want in Mexico. It may not technically be legal but you will have no problems with police taking your gun away. Everything in Mexico, and I mean everything, is about which side of the bread the butter is on. The cops there are the "other" criminals with guns.

• Like 2

I didn't think it was a very good article.

The way it was written gives the impression that there are a tiny minority of people who want to liberalize gun laws in Mexico but that even other "community groups" think it is a bad idea.

They also further imply that all guns in Mexico are smuggled from the US (another great lie already pointed out several times in this thread) and that there is rampant gun violence in the US that is the direct consequence of US gun laws (which is funny considering that the article is talking about the rampant gun violence in Mexico which has extremely restricted gun laws).

Anyway, the article is deceptive. It gives the appearance from the title that it is going to show how strict gun laws do nothing to deter criminals and that easing restrictions is good but instead ends up saying that strict laws in Mexico are not to blame for gun violence and that "loose" gun laws in the US cause gun violence in both the US and Mexico.

We should EXPORT guns to Mexico.

Good for jobs here and sooner or later those fuck tards will run out of people to shoot.

Or get shot by the people watching the border.

Make it ONE BIG FREE FOR ALL TWO WAY SHOOTING RANGE.....

It is a shame we had a border patrol agent killed with a gun from THE BATFE.

BUT ......

WE should be manufatring and importing them here, and selling them with a tidy profit to those assholes.

like I said sooner or later they will be out of people to kill/kidnap.

No one went to Argentina when they collapsed. Matter of fact people left. LET it happen to Mexico. They think they are fucked now? wait till the cruise ships pass them by for safer places. THEY will get their shit together REAL fast.

Edited by armalite_ar50

Their bitching and whining about guns coming from US is just a front.The Govt officials are in the back offices laughing their asses off because of all the money they get in payoffs from the cartels and dumbshit US govt kneels and sucks ass because they are too worried about offending some second world country.The Mexican govt has got it made let jobless sneak into country where bleeding heart citizens will place survival kits in middle of nowhere(where no US citizen would be dumb enough to hike)give them food stamps health care and let their own go without.

Fuck that corrupt govt,they need to fix their own fuckups before they try to place blame on US for their issues.

Most of the weapons they bitch about come from the south,but those countries arent dumb enough to give them money and resources because they can see through BULLSHIT or are profiting also.

I asked a girl that I knew who often visted Mexico about how people got guns to protect themselves. I knew how the cartels got them - illegally. She said that you can't get them without paying off the cops. WTF? People really need to go back to histroy class. No one clearly learned anything.