I Had to Laugh, Inmates Modify State Police Decals

http://hosted.ap.org...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

Vt. prison inmate who makes license plates adds pig image on state police cruiser decals

By LISA RATHKE

Associated Press

AP Photo/TobyTalbot

http://analytics.apn...30Z/E/prod/AT/A

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) -- A prison inmate who makes stationery and license plates pulled a fast one on state police by adding the image of a pig to the state decal on their cruisers.

On the 16-inch car door decals, made by prisoners in Windsor, one of the spots on a cow in a scene with mountains and a pine tree has been changed to the shape of a pig, a derogatory term for police.

A Vermont state trooper discovered the pig while inspecting his vehicle on Wednesday. State police say they believe the decals have been added to about 30 cruisers in the past year.

About 60 altered decals were made over the last couple of years, said Andy Pallito, commissioner of the Department of Corrections, which is looking into who made the modification and when.

New decals will be made by Monday at a cost of $780. The expense will be covered by a surplus in the revolving fund that supports the offender work program, Pallito said.

State police Maj. Bill Sheets wasn't amused by the prank.

"While some may find humor in the decal modifications, the joke unfortunately comes at the expense of the taxpayers," he said Thursday.

The Burlington Free Press newspaper first reported the pig decals.

0c8ba4a6-20bc-4252-b279-9080c3faa53b-big.jpg

• Like 1

Kudos for the subtleness. Pretty creative and clearly sly enough to slip by easily.

Just bill it to the inmate who did it. Sure, he probably won't pay it, but every time he does to jail, it will come out of whatever he has in his pocket. We had a guy come in with over $500 in cash. It was applied to his jail account, and when he got the receipt back, he was shocked (and pissed) to see his balance was -$200ish. Turns out he had an outstanding bill of about $700 to the county from his previous stays (house arrest bills. GPS anklets don't pay for themselves).

• Like 3

Kudos for the subtleness. Pretty creative and clearly sly enough to slip by easily.

Just bill it to the inmate who did it. Sure, he probably won't pay it, but every time he does to jail, it will come out of whatever he has in his pocket. We had a guy come in with over $500 in cash. It was applied to his jail account, and when he got the receipt back, he was shocked (and pissed) to see his balance was -$200ish. Turns out he had an outstanding bill of about $700 to the county from his previous stays (house arrest bills. GPS anklets don't pay for themselves).

That'd work too.

All the above ^

There pride is attacked so they have to give you the impression that it is actually hurting someone to justify there action$ because they cant overlook a sutble 1/2 inch spot on a cow that resembles another farm animal...Fucking Idiots

032.gif032.gif Two thumbs up for whoever is responsible, any citizen or even a cop who isnt an asshole would find the humor in this...

Edited by THE VILLAIN
  • Like 1

032.gif032.gif Two thumbs up for whoever is responsible, any citizen or even a cop who isnt an asshole would find the humor in this...

My guess is that most of the troopers found humor in it. The brass, of course, isn't going to release a press statement saying "Oh. We thought it was funny, too. No worries."

Notice how they quoted the Major in the article? People on that level of rank are nothing more than PR puppets who deal with the media.

• Like 2

At what point exactly was it considered a good idea to have inmates making supplies for the Police Dep't.?! huh.png

I can appreciate the humor in this, but I also know how much work goes into creating something like a trademarked design...

• Like 1

Never mind the pig. What about the three little syphilitic penises over to the left? That must have slipped by them, too. laugh.png

+1

I guess I read the article too fast at first, because those things are what I thought they were saying were pigs. I'm looking at them, thinking "WTF. Those look like horribly drawn prairie dogs".

Looks like Vermont is one of the lowest paying states to be an LEO.

http://passthepolicetest.com/become-a-cop/top-10-worst-paying-states-for-police-officers

That coupled with the most humiliating department seal, with or without pig, must make for a pretty disgruntled force. Did it really take this long for a trooper to notice this or did someone wait until it was widespread enough to make them the laughing stock of the law enforcement community nationwide.

Only thing funnier would have been "We treat you like a King."

BTW, here is the unaltered version.

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1269/1185036989_4353cb9402.jpg

Edited by leadsled

Personally I found it hilarious as well, but not nearly as funny as the emblem itself. The person that decided to go with this one only scored a 1 for decision making during their last evaluation.

• Like 2