Hot News!

Well, the time has finally come. I said I could make these magazines and I did. This is one of four prototypes. Similar strength properties to the original. The website for orders will be up soon. Please note: These have NOT been combat tested and should be used for target practice only! More details will follow but I just wanted to let everyone know.

http://www.saigasolutions.com/saiga/prototype.gif

Ian

Edited by badz2801
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the time has finally come.  I said I could make these magazines and I did.  This is one of four prototypes.

http://www.bananabooth.com/saiga/prototype.gif

WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!! :eek:

VERY nicely done! I hope you got a whole lotta manufacturing capability, cuz I think the world is about to beat a path to your door...

Looking forward to additional testing, availability and pricing.

Say that is hot news. :up: Now some of the skeptics might become believers. :smoke:

Is badz2801 related to Z1500 who is also working on a mag? :eek:

Don't worry if the mags are not reliable yet. The run of prototypes should be sold so that members can give financial support as well as to help test the mags. People will understand that they are getting a "beta" product. :super:

Ian,

Great News, I knew you could do it. I met Ian a month or so ago he had a part that he had cloned for an five round mag and it was almost indistiguishable for the origanal other than the material used (the new part had a shine to it). I was greatly impressed with him.

regards

John

Let me know when your ready to take orders.

Hey everyone.

Glad you like the news. The mags will be available soon and yes they are high caps. I don't want to go into excessive detail about the magazines at this point. I have applied for a patent as my magazines are different from the original.

I owe the first one of these to a member of this board who will be doing out-of-house testing for better or worse.

The magazines are strong (you can't drive a tank over the thing), and will come in amber or black.

Yes, this is no joke.

topmaul - thanks for all of your help.

Ian

How are yours coming Kevin? The more the merrier. Nice job Ian!!! Thanks goodness for you McGuiver machinists. My Saiga is hungry, and I don't have enough to feed her, so keep us posted please. Thanks again for the hardwork and risk that you invested.

Count me in, either for the production run or to test. I build a lot of Saiga for USPSA and "outlaw match" 3-Gun, and the magazine situation is being followed closely by a lot of folks.

Including Kay and Jerry Miculek, who commissioned Saigas from me after they shot one of my S20 competition guns :)

Alex

You can follow the progress, get information and order (when magazines are available) from this website. It was just registered so it will take 24-48 hours for the servers to reset the domain/TCP-IP name records.

If you want a mailing address for security reasons it will be (currently active):

Ian McKay

P.O. Box 11388

Norfolk VA 23517

http://www.saigasolutions.com

Ian

Edited by badz2801

I will post a pic of it in my gun and with shells in it soon. Cutt the feed ramp of my Russian version while in the prototype while I was grinding the flash off. :unsure:

I have plans for a lot of different types of magazines coming soon. Thats what the money from this project is going to finance. Though I am probably going to have to use another method for upcoming projects as they will require the strength of reinforced nylon. So watch out for more unusual items to come.

To be honest I want to make sure the magazine will be strong enough for target use. I developed a new process to make these with some fellow students I know.

Basics:

Black = Softer feeling ....but more impact resistance.

Amber = harder feeling....but less impact resistance.

Concerning price:

Price will be much lower than the original and will be calculated on the basics of production.

I plan to offer just the bodies, followers and floor plates first at a reduced rate. You can use your 5 round springs for these if you wish.

You take your pic....but they cycle damn good in my gun.

Edited by badz2801

will they distort when exposed to sunlight for long periods of time do you know?

if you would go through the trouble of blocking them up to 5 or fewer rounds so they are NY legal, i might take a couple if the price is right.

They are not injection molded in the traditional sense. I.E. High Pressure is not used.

I assume castall is just a reference to traditional casting and not a product brand name?

In response to the sun light question: I don't know. The whole concept is that they are a prototype and so is the process by which they are made. The material used has been used for other projects which do get exposed to the sun.

Ian

Edited by badz2801

Castall is a product. I use to work at this place called www.Telonics.com and we did shitloads of that type of pouring of urethanes, acrylics and that Castall stuff was the strongest of all of them.

If anyone wants springs I'll have 1000 chrome silicone springs in a couple weeks.