Recommended Paint for Saiga?

i used duplicolor ceramic engine semi gloss, and baked it on. it came out great. sandblasted the original arsenal finish first. i use seafoam deep creep to clean my guns, and let it soak inside the muzzle brakes to help with the carbon buildup since my crap state demands they be permanently on. i noticed if you let seafoam soak too long it starts to flake off the paint....damn sad.png well, on the receiver part anyway. the barrel end doesnt. i will refinish with duplicolor again, no doubt. hoping i just got the prep wrong. does anyone use a primer with their duplicolor? would primer help?
I don't use and never primed an engine block before painting so im not sure how the paint would adhear to the primer. Plus heat could be a problem for the primer. I shot mine down a couple of times with Brakekleen brake cleaner then shot a clean rag with some and wiped the whole thing down with the rag. Couple of light coats of paint and you should be good. I took my Saiga apart on a Saturday (completely stripped and painted) and converted it on Sunday but didn't shoot it for a week and seems to be holding up good Edited by Straydog
  • 4 weeks later...

Everyone has mentioned painting parts black. I'm just looking to use a very small amount of red and white paint on some parts. Does the Dupli-color or any of the other paints come in white and red? Also, any chance they sell them in small spray cans since I won't be using much if it?

Everyone has mentioned painting parts black. I'm just looking to use a very small amount of red and white paint on some parts. Does the Dupli-color or any of the other paints come in white and red? Also, any chance they sell them in small spray cans since I won't be using much if it?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/61443-painted-letters-and-numbers/page__hl__%2Bpaint+%2Bletter

• Like 1

http://forum.saiga-1..._+paint +letter

PERFECT! Thank you very much.

has anyone used Duracoat before? I found a colour i want to use, but if its a lousy coating then ill find something else...

I use Duracoat, and the Dupli Color Ceramic Engine Paint DE1634. They both work great. You have to mix the Duracoat with hardner, and of course the cost is way higher than the Dupli Color. Just make sure the surface is prepped propperly before you spray any of these two. I blasted my Guns with Aluminumoxide before I sprayed, no primer needed. Just today I sprayed down my Saiga with Brake cleaner, and none of the Dupli Color came off.

has anyone used Duracoat before? I found a colour i want to use, but if its a lousy coating then ill find something else...

I use Duracoat, and the Dupli Color Ceramic Engine Paint DE1634. They both work great. You have to mix the Duracoat with hardner, and of course the cost is way higher than the Dupli Color. Just make sure the surface is prepped propperly before you spray any of these two. I blasted my Guns with Aluminumoxide before I sprayed, no primer needed. Just today I sprayed down my Saiga with Brake cleaner, and none of the Dupli Color came off.

The factory paint comes off easily with rubbing alcohol, so id assume melts like butter with brake cleaner. Eventually im going to paint my receiver with the duplicolor mentioned. Its good to see another strength of this paint.

I bought a can of Dupli-Color Engine Enamel Low Gloss Black DE1634 from Advanced Auto and i aggree with everyone.

It is an identical match to the factory paint.

Iused it for some conversions today and I can not tell where the factory paint ends and the Dupli-Color begins.

• Like 1