Opinions on Ruger Super Blackhawk

Had one in the 70s to go with one of Ruger’s 44 semi auto carbines for brush hunting. Later traded it for one of the 44 Redhawks, wish I’d kept the Blackhawk better SA trigger and balance with the shorter barrel. (not my gun but one just like it other than the grips)

post-26137-0-11577200-1333109495_thumb.jpg

Well then, I think I will pick it up. $500 includes pistol (at least 40 year old, but looks New!), leather holster and belt w/ bullet loops (western style). Seem like a good deal to you? It really does look like a new pistol. The leather is in great shape as well. It was well loved it seems.

Well then, I think I will pick it up. $500 includes pistol (at least 40 year old, but looks New!), leather holster and belt w/ bullet loops (western style). Seem like a good deal to you? It really does look like a new pistol. The leather is in great shape as well. It was well loved it seems.

what brand is the hoslter? i have a triple k western holster and belt for mine, it cost like $110 or something and it is definitely worth the price

Not sure of the brand of leather equipment, but I gave the Go-ahead and he will be bringing it by my work this evening, so I will post some pics tonight!! Oh boy, just 3 more hours and I get my new toy!!

• Like 1

OK here it is folks! My new addition to the collective. Looks like he had a new lighter trigger put in it as well. The leather says "Hunter" on both holster and belt. I am not sure of the age. I will browse the world wide web and see if I can find out.

edit: found date of manufacture from Ruger site and it says it was made in 1965.

post-16191-0-34541400-1333153297_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-65054800-1333153338_thumb.jpg

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 2
  • 9 months later...

They're a great gun. I've got an old model Vaquero in 45 Colt. Very nice, well balanced, strong gun. It'll outlast you.

yes, i fucking love it, i'd do anything for a brass bisley grip frame though

Midway has the brass grip frame.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?&newcategorydimensionid=3132

Dad had ours Magnaported and put on a Pachmeyer grip. Very nice pistol to shoot!

Come to think of it, I haven't had that one out for quite a while, I need to dust it off! :)

So how do you like yours, Rob, since it's been nearly a year?

Edited by Ronin38

I like it a lot! You need to be ready for the snappy recoil that flips it upward, but a very accurate pistol! I will not be selling this from my collection!! A keeper for sure. It has had a factory trigger job done a long time ago. I have all of the paper work and original parts.