Cobra's Custom Winchoke adapter

I am in no way affiliated with Cobra's Custom, but I have to say, the Winchoke adapter they sell is absolutely, hands down, the best part I have put on my beloved Saiga 12. They are extremely well made, look awesome, and pattern great. Beats the hell out of the Polychoke by a mile!

If you don't have one, and are thinking about putting a choke on your shotgun so you can blast skeet with a 20 round drum, making all those fancy, pretty shotgun owners jealous...definitely get your hands on one, you won't be disappointed.

I have one and it is great.

You can use a choke that fits a Mossberg 500, Browing invector (not the plus) Winchester and others.

I picked up a Browning rifled choke for mine, threaded that for a Molot brake.

Very good additoin to the S12.

I use full choke to shoot clay with mine. It gives me a lot more usable range. 30-50 feet better range where the cloud is dense enough to guarantee a hit with a well aimed shot.

Take that for what it is worth. I am pretty casual about it, and would not be able to tell you the difference between skeet and sporting clays without consulting google. If you are serious about it there is a science to optimizing your shot density for a given range. It isn't just how big a circle you spread them, it is how evenly they spread within the circle. There used to be some really good technical articles on the shotgun reports about how to pattern and calculate the optimums, as well as data from voluminous testing. The guy used to be an Olympic shooting coach. He would hate saigas, but he knows chokes.

It isn't so much the spread, as the density of the pattern at the focus. I find it gives me much more time to hit the clay, because I can count on breaking a disc with a well aimed shot much further with a choke than without.

• 3 years later...