Love this thing, shoots great. Trigger is smoothe as butter. Took a while but its finaly done. Will be changing the 1/2 Riser out for a 1" Riser. Still deciding what I am going to do with the front. Might SBR it.

Weight as seen in Photo w empty Magazine 8lbs

Length Of Pull 15 1/4

Overall Length 26 inches

Strike Industries Rear Sight Rail

Primary Arms Micro Dot removable base and Killflash

Yankee Hill 1/2 Riser

Olight M20 Tac Light with offset mount

Magpul Moe rail

Yugo style Grip

Arsenal Fire Control Group

Everything else custom made by me

im014015.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Sumsky
  • Like 6

That is an incredible looking rifle! How does she handle? Is accuracy affected either way by the conversion? I want one.

TG

I love the feel, all the weight is now closer to your body. Great for the House since its only 26 inches long overall. The Barrel is still 16 inches so accuracy is not compromised at all. To me in this set up, the Gun is more controlable easier to get back on target.

I've said it before. I'm not much of a fan of bullpups but this one is the exception.

Not only does it look highly functional but the aesthetics are excellent as well.

The design and production of the front hand guard / trigger guard / pistol grip assembly is excellent.

That is absolutely awesome man!!!!!

Are you going to be making any to sell, or is this just an awesome home project?

I would sell off my handguard and buttstock to afford one. Will there ever be these on the open market?????

If you can make money on doing these, im sure you would have no lack of customers.

Edited by Boomsick42

Are you going to be making any to sell, or is this just an awesome home project?

I would sell off my handguard and buttstock to afford one. Will there ever be these on the open market?????

If you can make money on doing these, im sure you would have no lack of customers.

Wheels are in motion, Fingers, and Toes crossed. Lets hope for the best.

Incredible.

How does the trigger link to the FCG?

I'd love to see a buttstock (or spacer) that leaves the weapon at 30" OAL for people in CA as well.

By a cable. If I put a longer Buttstock on this thing your Arms would have to be like a Chimp's Arm to reach the forward grip. Unless you are very tall. I will tell you the the exact Trigger length of pull later, I know its a little over 15, I cant remember the exact measurements. I will updated the specs at the begining of this thread.

Wheels are in motion, Fingers, and Toes crossed. Lets hope for the best.

Good luck to you man. Hope this idea does you well

This is my second Saiga Conversion the first was my S12. I like these Weapons, to me they are like a blank piece of Canvas waiting for the artist to start painting and creating. I know a lot of guys here belive in restoring back to the exact AK lineage, I like being different.

post-22569-0-14125600-1337521936_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Makes me rethink being lefthanded. Beautiful.

Ok, here is what you do since you are left handed. Cut off the charging handle on the right side, have the charging handle set up on the left side. Thats the beauty of my Pup design, its not encased in Plastic so you can still dress this thing up and modify as you please.

is the pistol grip integral to the handgaurd or could i put a hogue or whatever on it? that thing if freaking awesome and i think youll do well if it becomes available i know id buy 2 lol. when you make it big give us posters whove been with you from the get go a discount ;0 i see there is no irons - i guess you could just have the back up on the sight like aug

is the pistol grip integral to the handgaurd or could i put a hogue or whatever on it? that thing if freaking awesome and i think youll do well if it becomes available i know id buy 2 lol. when you make it big give us posters whove been with you from the get go a discount ;0 i see there is no irons - i guess you could just have the back up on the sight like aug

You can put any Grip your little Heart desires, AR 15, Hogue, any grip made to fit a AK will fit my Pup. Any Sight attachment that can attache to the rear Sight Block, will work. I have not tried a Ultimak Gas Tube Rail, but I am sure there is enough space to use one if you so desire. I wanted to design a Pup that I could use any after market parts for, and not just proprietary Parts.

Edited by Sumsky

Incredible.

How does the trigger link to the FCG?

I'd love to see a buttstock (or spacer) that leaves the weapon at 30" OAL for people in CA as well.

By a cable. If I put a longer Buttstock on this thing your Arms would have to be like a Chimp's Arm to reach the forward grip. Unless you are very tall. I will tell you the the exact Trigger length of pull later, I know its a little over 15, I cant remember the exact measurements. I will updated the specs at the begining of this thread.

Ahh, makes sense... do you think 1-2" spacer would be too much? The last 1-2" could be made up by a fairly common-length muzzle device.

Ok, here is what you do since you are left handed. Cut off the charging handle on the right side, have the charging handle set up on the left side. Thats the beauty of my Pup design, its not encased in Plastic so you can still dress this thing up and modify as you please.

That's great and all, but hot brass in the face is a deal breaker.horror.gif

That's great and all, but hot brass in the face is a deal breaker.horror.gif

Next time I shoot this thing I am going to shoot it left handed just for the hell of it. I am not worried about the Brass, because they fly pretty high right and a bit forward, every gun might be different. Its the Carrier Handle in the Teeth I am worried about.

Does the grip get in the way when you rock in a 30rd mag?

No the Grip does not get in the way, 30 round mags work great. The gun looks more balanced or proportioned with the stock Saiga Mag, in my eyes. I think in my old thread all the pics I posted were with a Chinese 30 round magazine.