Knoxx Drum for S-12!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My god, the dumbfucks show an unconverted 'Not 922r Compliant' Saiga 12 w/ the 10 round drum.

Total no-no.

As i've made clear, i'm not on the DD Chicken Little bandwagon, but if it were to happen, it would be because of idiots like that. :rolleyes:

Edited by McUZI

I agree that does look a bit goofy. But the availability of NLFD's will probably kick the LEO sales into high gear! LEO has just GOTTA have the coolest stuff, and thosehomeland security dollars are just burning a hole in their pockets! Maybe in a couple years CDNN will have used LEO trade in S-12's cheap!

G O B

Good to know. I'm still fairly new to the modification and parts scene. I bought my s-12 before I knew what their potential really was. Mine is a 19" that has the permenant choke. I was kind of thinking about having it reamed out and having a american (e.g. winchester or remmington) screw in placed. Any thoughts?

Stoney Creek Armory has done it!! they just sent me an email w/ this:

http://www.stonycreekarmory.com

Price has not been set yet, and they will no doubt base it off the new importer's prices structure, but...

hell yeah!!!!!! :super:  :super:  :super:  :super:  :super:  :super:  :super:  :super:

Bravo 26

Did your E-Mail specifically say they were Knoxx Drums?

Here's the pic from the email I got...

Yep...I emailed them to get on the wait list for when they developed them. the problem is, if the guys that post here are doing 10rd sticks, or hell, even reliable 8's or if tapco is doing the 8's, then this is kinda a waste of money..depends on how much they are..here is the text of the original message I got today..

Stonycreeks newest item... the 10 round 12G Saiga shotgun drum mag for the

AK 12G semi-autos!! see our web site for pictures and more info at

www.stonycreekarmory.com

----- Original Message -----

To: <products@stonycreekarmory.com>

Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 2:01 PM

Subject: Knoxx-Saiga 12 conversion?

Good to know. I'm still fairly new to the modification and parts scene. I bought my s-12 before I knew what their potential really was. Mine is a 19" that has the permenant choke. I was kind of thinking about having it reamed out and having a american (e.g. winchester or remmington) screw in placed. Any thoughts?

Keep in mind that your S-12 has a chromed barrel, and that any reaming will break the chrome.

If I recall correctly, the 19" models have the improved cylinder choke, which means that it is already as open as possible.

If you want to get more restricted chokes and still keep the chrome, you can get externally threaded chokes. For example, the OEM Russian chokes. Some guy here has the die available to cut the external threads, I think.

Stoney Creek Armory has done it!! they just sent me an email w/ this:

http://www.stonycreekarmory.com

Price has not been set yet, and they will no doubt base it off the new importer's prices structure, but...

hell yeah!!!!!! :super:  :super:  :super:  :super:  :super:  :super:  :super:  :super:

That is absolutely awesome!

I'll take ten rounds in a drum over 10 in a stick anyday. -- of course, I'll take eight or ten in a stick if the drum was not available. I would like to see how they attached the feed tower.

$100 per drum + $?? for the adaptor kit.

KNOXX

Gees, I should have made drums, that's where the moneys at.

Kevin

Kevin, keep doing what your doing those drums seem to have feed problems at least that is what I have read. I for one would rather have two 10 round stick mags clinched together than a Chi-Comm drum any day.

KNOXX

Kevin

Kevin, keep doing what your doing those drums seem to have feed problems at least that is what I have read. I for one would rather have two 10 round stick mags clinched together than a Chi-Comm drum any day.

Yes and that drum is for the mossy, so it hasn't even been converted yet. Pricing will be thru the nose, and your work will (hopefully) keep me from buying one of those at all (missing the timing/boat could hurt them bad). The one thing they've got going is the appearance factor. I'd also guess if there's is a shorter version of 10 rounds that might help in some competition situations..... Hold on, I've got to straighten out some misinfo that was posted earlier in this thread :(

My god, the dumbfucks show an unconverted 'Not 922r Compliant' Saiga 12 w/ the 10 round drum.

Total no-no.

As i've made clear, i'm not on the DD Chicken Little bandwagon, but if it were to happen, it would be because of idiots like that.  :rolleyes:

Right On McUZI. If I had to guess, someone has made them aware of this fact, which is why ....

I haven't found the described pictures on their site.  Any more specific link?

Hell I can't find them either!

They pulled these links (I can't see them either). Might be a good time for someone to offer them up a converted saiga as I'd guess they are scrambling for one so use to post pics with.

I don't blame them for pulling the links, but I wonder what could be done against them? There's no proof the stock, bbl, reciever, trunion, trigger group etc etc etc are Russian originals, so there's no proof of a crime. But I'd imagine they want to stay clear of any visits with the ATF anyway.

bernerz, You should start a new post with this question.

You'll get a much better answer, and anyone with the same question now or in the future, will have an easier time searching and finding it.

Keep in mind that your S-12 has a chromed barrel, and that any reaming will break the chrome.

Whoa, whoa , whoa .... where'd you come up with this? You mean my shotty's bbl is chrome lined like an old fashioned car bumper? I've seen that stuff flake off.... :devil:

Seriously, this is one of those myths that floats out there. The chrome lining is more like a washing. It is done for a variety of purposes, including rust prevention and a giving a very smoot surface. It will make the job for a smith more difficult. It is VERY durable. It does NOT flake, peel, chip or whatever. LOTS of folks on this board have had this done!!! NO PROBLEMS.

If I recall correctly, the 19" models have the improved cylinder choke, which means that it is already as open as possible.

If you want to get more restricted chokes and still keep the chrome, you can get externally threaded chokes. For example, the OEM Russian chokes. Some guy here has the die available to cut the external threads, I think.

Missed a couple of points here. Improved is NOT as open as it can be, tho it is pretty open.

IIRC, some of the 19 in bbls came in full choke too. You just need to check it out.

I could be wrong on any of this, but if you disagree and even if you don't I'd suggest making this conversation a separate thread.

To the rest of you's, Sorry for the thread drift. Now, back to our regularly scheduled Drum / NLFD discussion.

If Z1500's mags become a reality, they're gonna be the way to go IMO.

But if Stonycreek had hit the market with these a year ago, they'd have sold like hotcakes.

Does the Knoxx unit require an adaptor like the Mossberg unit? Or are they just modified NLFDs that fit the Saiga as-is?

Price is going to be a big factor too. Stock Knoxx NLFDs aren't cheap to begin with, and with the added cost of modification, they'll be pushed out of the must-have category if the decent-priced stick mags make it to market.

False. Been discussed to death.

The process for chroming a barrel is totally different than that of chroming, say, a car bumper where the chrome is a thin 'coat' over a base structure. The chrome in firearms barrels is essentially a solid 'tube' of metal that is metallically fused to the outer steel structure.

KNOXX

Kevin

That's a hoseball price.

I bought 3 from Ameetec (right by you) for a good bit cheaper than that ($65 if I recall).

You see them ranging from $70-$80 here and there.

The magazines themselves are sturdy but the whole Knoxx drum 'system' leaves some to be desired.

Edited by McUZI