I was going to buy a rifle to day. Account suspended?

Gunbroker must be run by ADHD teen agers on dope.

I have been a member there for years and have 100 percent positive feedback as a verified seller and buyer of weapons and accessories.

My credit card has been on file with them and is always current.

Today it was charged .75 and I logged in to buy a rifle. ACCOUNT SUSPENDED.

Past due? Talk about a glitch.

I'm about done with the bullshit. I remember this happening a few times before but never during the ending of an auction.

Any of you have issues with them lately?

no glitch they started charging me was either 50cents or a buck every month. i disputed it they said i owed it to them. i told them what they can do with my account. plus they tried to charge me twice because i had two emails on that account. this all started after the sale of the rifle i sold. they got all there fees. they finaly closed and terminated me not deleted like i asked.
Edited by TacSat
  • Like 1

i only bought a few boxes of ammo from there. so i cant really cant offer much help. but id be pissed off if they did some shit like this. sorry about how they did that to ya storm.

• Like 1

I just bought a Mosin 91/30 barrel and receiver from a seller on there last week, no problem. I've only bought small stuff off there over the past few years, mostly magazines. I guess it's just the seller's that have to pay a fee? Never had any charges to mine but like I said I only buy on there.

What a trip. I purchased gas and my local bank debit card was red flagged. I gave them my ID and drove to the bank to get some cash. Called the 800 number about my card and it was blocked for security reasons. It was a .75 cent charge from gunbroker that shut my card down. WTF!

So, not only did I miss out on an auction that I would have sniped and won at the last second, I had to fuck around with the bank and act like a fool with a declined credit card.

The issue with the card was resolved immediately. When I went to log back into gunbroker, It asked me to register. I have been registered and a verified seller for years. WTF!?

I sent them an email asking why the hell I had to register again and they did not respond, my account now works properly but no explanation has been given.

I looked into gunbroker a little bit online and they have very poor ratings for customer service. I'd say their customer service SUCKS! There is no number to contact them and their electronic communications options are very basic and impersonal.

Perhaps they are starting to go to hell in a handbasket. I've been with them since ebay stopped allowing certain gun parts and they created the damn thing. I sure hope they make an attempt to pull their head out of their ass before they end up like many other auction type websites that got big and never spent a dime on improving the customers experience.

Maybe I will send them a bill for my time.

What a shit storm.

I just bought a Mosin 91/30 barrel and receiver from a seller on there last week, no problem. I've only bought small stuff off there over the past few years, mostly magazines. I guess it's just the seller's that have to pay a fee? Never had any charges to mine but like I said I only buy on there.

Yeah, sellers have to pay a fee monthly that is credited to your account and deducted from your sellers fees at the end of an auction. It shows a distrust of their customers as it's basically an insurance that you have a valid card on file for them to charge after you sell an item. If the card is declined or inactive, you can't complete your auction or list anything new.

I've had good success purchasing rifles and pistols locally out of the mountain trader dot com and then selling them on gunbroker. It's a fun hobby. You get to go out and buy a firearm, fire it, clean it, list it with a good description and then make money on it to boot! Lots of good deals on firearms around here. Never had a single transaction go bad on gunbroker since I only accept certified bank checks and USPS money orders. I document the hell out of the shipping and do a check on the FFL I'm sending it to. 49 guns later, I only kept one of them for myself! :)

Should make the feds happy too. I'm basically taking private sale firearms and putting them back in the register by shipping it off to an FFL. :(

I had the same thing happen to me that $.50 or $.75 locked up my account. (withdrew the item but had to pay for the picture)

Their customer service sucks, but there are still some really good deals to be had there.

The credit card is because there are plenty of welchers trying to post shit and not deliver and then they would just create a new account after fucking over some guy that was legit. The credit card helps prevent them from doing it more than once.

I've never sold on there, made a few purchases a few years ago, they started charging credit card $1 per month for membership or subscription or whatnot. Disputed after they wouldn't answer my emails, they stopped. Then started sending emails with my "balance" of $1 per month. Makes you wanna pay more somewhere else, found a good deal on some Ruger parts there recently, paid around 15% more somewhere else. Vote with your dollars I guess.

Yeah, sellers have to pay a fee monthly that is credited to your account and deducted from your sellers fees at the end of an auction. It shows a distrust of their customers as it's basically an insurance that you have a valid card on file for them to charge after you sell an item. If the card is declined or inactive, you can't complete your auction or list anything new.

I've had good success purchasing rifles and pistols locally out of the mountain trader dot com and then selling them on gunbroker. It's a fun hobby. You get to go out and buy a firearm, fire it, clean it, list it with a good description and then make money on it to boot! Lots of good deals on firearms around here. Never had a single transaction go bad on gunbroker since I only accept certified bank checks and USPS money orders. I document the hell out of the shipping and do a check on the FFL I'm sending it to. 49 guns later, I only kept one of them for myself! smile.png

Should make the feds happy too. I'm basically taking private sale firearms and putting them back in the register by shipping it off to an FFL. sad.png

Well, if you're purchasing firearms for the purpose of profitable resale without an FFL, it could potentially make the feds very unhappy with you.

I've had good success purchasing rifles and pistols locally out of the mountain trader dot com and then selling them on gunbroker. It's a fun hobby. You get to go out and buy a firearm, fire it, clean it, list it with a good description and then make money on it to boot! Lots of good deals on firearms around here. Never had a single transaction go bad on gunbroker since I only accept certified bank checks and USPS money orders. I document the hell out of the shipping and do a check on the FFL I'm sending it to. 49 guns later, I only kept one of them for myself! smile.png

Should make the feds happy too. I'm basically taking private sale firearms and putting them back in the register by shipping it off to an FFL. sad.png

Well, if you're purchasing firearms for the purpose of profitable resale without an FFL, it could potentially make the feds very unhappy with you.

I'm purchasing private sale firearms that I like. I purchase them to shoot. If I really like them, I keep them. I wouldn't be purchasing them if I didn't intend to use them. I'm very picky about what I keep. Most often, they don't meet my standards and I end up selling them. Nothing wrong with buying a firearm and trying it out. If you don't like it, sell it. Free country.

• Like 1

Free country.

In theory, yes.

In application, you WILL be investigated if you buy/sell over the threshold. That's just a fact. And a case for tax evasion is not that hard to make if you do.

Free country.

In theory, yes.

In application, you WILL be investigated if you buy/sell over the threshold. That's just a fact. And a case for tax evasion is not that hard to make if you do.

Not sure what the threshhold is but Im guessing it would be way below it. My taxes are squared away and on the level so there is a snowball's chance in hell that tax evasion would ever be an issue. I even cover my ass on ebay transaction where I had sold knives in the past. All the firearms I purchase are in my posession, fired, cleaned, repaired or improved for several months before I make a decision to keep, trade or sell them. Even the ammo used in the firearms is documented along with repairs,modifications and shot counts. My primary objective is to find the right tools that fit my needs. It's not like im flipping the things within a few weeks. Id get an Ffl if i wanted to only buy them and sell for a profit. All my auctions are NR with free shipping. Sometimes I loose my ass but at least I was able to legally own and evaluate the performance of different firearms.

Edited by Stryker0946

Free country.

In theory, yes.

Not sure what the threshhold is but Im guessing it would be way below it. My taxes are squared away and on the level so there is a snowball's chance in hell that tax evasion would ever be an issue. I even cover my ass on ebay transaction where I had sold knives in the past. All the firearms I purchase are in my posession, fired, cleaned, repaired or improved for several months before I make a decision to keep, trade or sell them. Even the ammo used in the firearms is documented along with repairs,modifications and shot counts. My primary objective is to find the right tools that fit my needs. It's not like im flipping the things within a few weeks. Id get an Ffl if i wanted to only buy them and sell for a profit. All my auctions are NR with free shipping. Sometimes I loose my ass but at least I was able to legally own and evaluate the performance of different firearms.

That's a good way to get to own/ enjoy different firearms! I have a nephew that trades like a lady paints her nails, and I asked him about it. He said that while he would like to keep them all, that;s the only way he can enjoy all of the different firearms. Everytime he says "this one is a keeper! " we get a pool up for how long it will be before he trades it!
  • Like 2