Juggernaut Rogue Bullpup M1A Chassis System

The article says it ways in at 11# with a 20rnd mag inserted. Thats not bad for an M1A. Consider that the bulk of the weight is carried between you're shoulder and pg, rather than from the pg to the fg. My S12 weighs in at just under 10# empty, but you'd never know it given the weight distribution.

Still, at $900-$1300, I think I'll stick with Saigas/AKs. My RPK gets similar accuracy with the right ammo.

Edited by BpS12

Heavy, but pretty nice. And as stated in the article has a bit to offer over the RFB.

I own the scom 16 and the rfb. I would rather use the rfb as a bullpup. I don't have the conversion for the socom but would guess the feel of the trigger would be compromised. The weight is a big negative and the fact that it can only be shot right handed is a huge negative for south paws and rigt handed people who may want to shoot from both sides. In close quarters, your right side will be sprayed with red hot brass. Not a friendly thing to do to your buddy.

The RFB was experimental for many, many years before it came out in a .308. It started out as a 5.56. After firing mine, a bunch, I would say that it is very dependable. More dependable than the m16a2 i was issued.

It's a very cool stock, but nothing compared to the RFB. You can get one online all day long. The trigger mechanism on the rfb is awesome from the factory. Nice fat pad and crisp, responsive action.

err... 7.62 nato :) damn near the same thing.

Edited by Stryker0946

Only Guns America would put a UTG scope on an M1A. The Rogue chassis has been around for a while. Most reviews I've seen say it makes a very bulky weapon.

And talk trash about the RFB. I'm the first to rip on something I have owned and used. Tried to find bad things about my RFB. I simply love it. As much as my Tac47.

My RPK gets similar accuracy with the right ammo.

I guarantee you the M1A has better accuracy and superior range than the RPK.

I would hope so, given its a .308 vs x39. But if you're getting the same accuracy at 100yrds....I can afford the RPK and bullpup it myself. not to much the M1A.

Rethinking my op, I may have to look further into the RFB. Those come in long barrel?

My RPK gets similar accuracy with the right ammo.

I guarantee you the M1A has better accuracy and superior range than the RPK.

I would hope so, given its a .308 vs x39. But if you're getting the same accuracy at 100yrds....I can afford the RPK and bullpup it myself. not to much the M1A.

Rethinking my op, I may have to look further into the RFB. Those come in long barrel?

its an 18 standard and there was a long barrel version on gunbroker just the other day so they are out there but much more rare. not sure if i would want any more length to the barrel. 27 inches makes is perfect for opening the door up in the middle of the night with one hand and the other on the grip. It fits great on your lap in a vehicle and can be easily and accurately aimed in very tight spaces. I paid 1350 for mine so there is still a few good shops around. They tend to go for around 1700 right now. Gunbroker is about the only place you will find the long barrel version.

They went with the wrong base gun, The Socom 16 costs about $1900 and the bull pup kit is $895.

Once modified you're going to have a 12 pound gun that cost $2800

Plus many of the people that buy a Socom will not want to franken-gun it due to the classic look of the rifle

They should have used a GI PTR-91. It costs $800 and magazines are super cheap plus you also have the HK-91 market as well.

• Like 3

If you go on their website, the chassis is designed for and marketed for the Military which they won't buy anyway. All M14/M21 rifles currently fielded are DMRs and a bullpup does not suit the criteria the Military desires in a DMR or Main Battle Rifle/Carbine. Juggernaut will make some money selling it to Mall Ninjas though.

They went with the wrong base gun, The Socom 16 costs about $1900 and the bull pup kit is $895.

Once modified you're going to have a 12 pound gun that cost $2800

Plus many of the people that buy a Socom will not want to franken-gun it due to the classic look of the rifle

They should have used a GI PTR-91. It costs $800 and magazines are super cheap plus you also have the HK-91 market as well.

I agree with Boba.

"Juggernaut" definitely describes that stock's size, but I've never really been sold on any bullpup conversions that are out on the market. IMO a bullpup really needs to be designed from the ground up as a bullpup, not squeezed/cut to fit into a polymer aftermarket stock with a shitload of rails on it. I don't know any M1A fans who would ever be really hyped about turning their gun into a fat midget for $900.