I suggest you get one of these:

zapracket.jpg

Since I picked up a couple a few weeks ago, they've become weapons of mass insect destruction. I've fried everything from gnats to big ol wasps with it. The larger the bug, the more entertaining it is as the racket barbeques their guts and destroys their bodies. 011.gif

• Like 4

at least most of you guys dont have the giant cicada killers! these fuckers are huge.

cicada_killer-02.jpg

My front yard is a breeding paradise for these things. I don't think I know anybody who's actually been stung by one though. I bet it isn't pleasant.

Imagine these only more aggressive, plus nesting in the hundreds and you have the japanese hornets.

hornet.jpg

These bastards are all over the place here. They even started to build a nest on my back porch inside a pair of coveralls. Makes dealing with wasps a walk in the park!!

• Like 1

Victory was indeed yours, Yoshi. I drink to your success.

I, too, had too battle yellow jackets, and lot, 'twas an epic battle, indeed.(Yes, I'm drunk).

I will recount the tale at a later date, as it is bedtime. Lol!

at least most of you guys dont have the giant cicada killers! these fuckers are huge.

cicada_killer-02.jpg

My front yard is a breeding paradise for these things. I don't think I know anybody who's actually been stung by one though. I bet it isn't pleasant.

Imagine these only more aggressive, plus nesting in the hundreds and you have the japanese hornets.

hornet.jpg

These bastards are all over the place here. They even started to build a nest on my back porch inside a pair of coveralls. Makes dealing with wasps a walk in the park!!

Japanese Hornets breeding wild here in the US? Man...hopefully they don't like warm climates. Those are some mean customers. They're venom is said to disolve flesh.

In my experience (some of which was clearing lines of sight for a surveying crew with a bush axe in the shittiest situations I've ever been in) there are bigger flying, stinging insects but Yellow Jackets are more aggressive and if we weren't talking about insects I'd say they're MEAN. And, they nest in the ground among other places but there's no outward appearance of a nest like there is with Fire Ants. I guess we all go by our own experiences but when I see a single Yellow Jacket I go to DEFCON 1. (Cause where there's 1, there are many more out of sight.)

Japanese Hornets breeding wild here in the US? Man...hopefully they don't like warm climates. Those are some mean customers. They're venom is said to disolve flesh.

Well after some checking, apparently I have learned something today. They are not Japanese hornets but European hornets. Ive always heard them called japanese hornets so I thought thats what they were. They look very similar. Either way their big as hell and fearsome as hell especially when you start trying to burn em out of ahollow tree!!

Found one here last year, the damn thing was huge! I had no idea what it was. had to look it up online.

I've used the "long range" stream type stuff, no brand in particular and they're dead before they hit the ground. One in each hand so you get em all in one spot. IMO the cheapest, least messy, best way to dead them suckers.

post-41803-0-88312100-1340646476.jpg

Found one here last year, the damn thing was huge! I had no idea what it was. had to look it up online.

yes they are huge. i had a few of them land on my last summer. never got stung though.

Well after some checking, apparently I have learned something today. They are not Japanese hornets but European hornets. Ive always heard them called japanese hornets so I thought thats what they were. They look very similar. Either way their big as hell and fearsome as hell especially when you start trying to burn em out of ahollow tree!!

you are correct. luckily these are not the japanese ones. but these are still big enough. from my experiences with them, they tend to be mostly calm until you get close to their hive. then they become defensive as hell. my buddy got stung by one before and said its like getting shot with a pellet gun pumped 7 times or so.

Lighter and hairspray fireball will take care of those.

I vote Flame Thrower bad_smile.gif but living in swamp (water rising as i write !! ) i just live with them ,I have had nests that knew me and would not attack or even go on alert when i am around i must have a dozen species around here ! I would go broke trying to wipe them out , in 10-15 years i can count only 5 stings .Now Yellow Jackets you might as will step in front of a Machine Gunhorror.gif they are pure Evil super_man.gif but the one shot Killer here is not a wasp but a Bee Big mothers yellow- straw color fur on their back they nest underground and the sting is a neurotoxin , I got hit by one in the upper arm and it drew my whole arm up ,Hurt OMG it took 8 hours for me to be able to unlock my arm and 24 hours before the pain was gone , I had gotten to close to a nest burrow !! you run it one out in the open and they are Never aggressive they just check you out and move on .

The Japanese Giant Hornet is a Man Killer fact and it only take One to do it , it is slightly rare But it happens a few a year in Japan .

Edited by belt fed frog