These bastards keep eating my fucking squash and beans. I've decided the bunnies must die a glorious death. Haha learned the benefit of weapon lights cause I missed my shot. So I reveal the taktikool evil redneck bunny killing death stick. I've had about 8 too many berrs. So a .22 Gamo Shadow Express and a $5 Rayovac flashlight and I'm ready to blow that cute fuckers face off.

• Like 1

Haha I bet that one is good at eating zucchini as well. I wonder which fluffy has more parasites : /. Gotta use old school smilies on my phone.

There's not much else for it to eat round here chevyman. Its all 1/4 acre or smaller plots and no one gardens except for my family. Oh and I saw that furry little fuck munching on the plants. We had a few rats (8) so far ) that have been taken out by the schnauzers and some old straps victor snap traps.

I wouldn't believe we had a rabbit problem around here but we def do. What were growing may not be their choice meal but I'm sure it is better than crabgrass.

If they are that big of an issue I would put up about 2 foot of field fencing around your plot if its as small as you say. It would keep them out pretty easy. Its just not like rabbits to terrorize a garden that bad. But im not saying it might not happen. Easy fix though. Take care of those critters, they make good stew.

Oh yes they do taste good. I'm just gonna cook the piss out out of them and inspect as close as I can for worms. We really need a six foot fence sound our property cause there's people that will snag our produce cause only the front yard has the room for the squash and pumpkin. Hours have been cut at all or our jobs so moneys to tight for a real fence right now. Man I got a wicked Pabst Blue headache.

Most bunnies ( If they have them ) will have tapeworms in the intestines... once gutted and the meat thoroughly cooked you will be fine. Just make sure you dispose of the guts where your pets cant get at them... or guess what?? LOL :up:

and any bunny fleas are removed duly upon skinning... :up:

Fastest way to skin a bunny... kitchen scissors... snip all four ankles and neck... slit fur/skin above backbone, pull fur in opposite directions and remove. gut, quarter and save backstraps ( removing all ribs with kitchen scissors.), cook, enjoy. EASY! :lol:

:smoke:

I had some bunny troubles last year too. Lil' fucker ate three entire rows of beets before I realized what was going on. I was going to let it go, but then he ate my peas. That made it personal.

.22 Short in the brain stem cured it.

Edited by JonnyDingDongs

Nice! I grabbed a gamo varmint hunter. Basically a shadow 1000 with scope, flashlight and laser, both with momentary switches to defend my fruit from 'coons and possums at night.

Well, the .177cal with that power plant isn't enough to do anything but injur something bigger than a squirrel/rat,

the flashlight would barely illuminate 2'-3' in front,

and the scope and laser would shift POA every shot.

I think you went the smart route.

Yeah we've got peas carrots beets cauliflower broccoli peppers tomatoes and tobacco in the back yard but thankfully that's got a chicken wire reinforced picket fence around it so those are safe for now. Never Mix Guns and Booze! A lesson I've never had to learn the hard way and don't plan too. That fuzzy bastard will meet his maker.

Lol! One thing I didn't realize about rabbits is how powerful those hind legs are.. I'd never shot one without a shotgun before and about two seconds later, I learned my lesson. Even with a well-placed shot from behind, just at the base of the skull and penetrating into the brain, the muscle spasms were unreal. Those hind legs propelled him repeatedly three feet off the ground!

He went sailing out of my peas and into my potatoes, snapping stems as he went. Then airborne again and into my bush beans.. Then up and down into my peppers...

Once the thrashing had ceased, I stood over his body, looking at my tattered, blood-soaked garden and said, "Oh yes, this is MUCH better..!" :-/

So just a heads-up: If you don't throw the body into shock, you might take some collateral damage.

• Like 1

I've had some of the bigger ones do that after a .22 short sub sonic.

You can stop them cold with a head shot, the same is true of groundhogs.

No doubt that shot placement is critical unless your in to furry gymnast's.

Haha thankfully the front garden hasn't filled out completely so it will have room to trash around without doing too much damage. As long as it don't death jump into my truck I don't care what happens.

LOL! Ya deff watch out for those back legs. They are VERY strong. If you go for one that is not dead be careful, those claws will open your arms up. And wash good if you get scratched! shit will get infected as hell. Cat scratch fever aint shit on rabbit.

86, my OL is just as pissed as you are, She is wanting the 22 to get um. LOL

stuff so dry here aint no food or water for them, did I tell ya She is pissed.

We did the fence today, hope that will stop them, did tell ya She is pissed.

I know, I know, but She is pissed and I HAVE to hear about it and now yall do.bad_smile.gif