Hello everyone! I was searching the internet and stumbled upon this forum and thought this would be the perfect place to find some help. I'm in the navy and was on the ship while trying to enlarge the port hole on my gas block for my saiga when I left my tools and the gas block on my rack(bed) to go use the head. Needless to say, a shipmate of mine decided he needed my stuff more than me and now I have no gas block. Any body have some suggestions. Thanks for the help!

Hello everyone! I was searching the internet and stumbled upon this forum and thought this would be the perfect place to find some help. I'm in the navy and was on the ship while trying to enlarge the port hole on my gas block for my saiga when I left my tools and the gas block on my rack(bed) to go use the head. Needless to say, a shipmate of mine decided he needed my stuff more than me and now I have no gas block. Any body have some suggestions. Thanks for the help!

That sucks man.

Some shitbird stole my Peacoat, and some other douchebag stole my cover despite the fact that my name was written as large as possible on the underside of the bill. Some people just have no shame.

If it's for an S-12, I have one that I've been holding onto in case I ever royally screwed the pooch.

PM me your shipping address & it's yours.

Thanks for your service & welcome to the forum. 032.gif

• Like 13

Since when are privately owned firearms allowed aboard ship?

I believe they have been for many years. At least they were allowed back in 95.

They just have to be held by the Master At Arms (MA).

ETA; I love how the Avatar pic has a skeptical look to go along with the post. ^_^

What type ship are you on? (No need to give the name) On bigger ones the GMs might be able to help you out with some of this. Will "they" let you shoot off the fantail when small arms practice is held? Just curious.

First, I want to thank you for your service! Secondly, I'd like to say that Pauly is a hell of a guy and if I can ever do anything for him, I will. Finally, I too am shocked to learn that privately owned weapons are allowed on ship, but, fine with me!

I can't believe that, Thank you very much Pauly!! I sent you a PM. Also, thanks to everyone else for the replies, haha, barnacle bunnies. And just to clear it up personal firearms are not allowed onboard but are allowed to be locked up in the base armory with a special request chit. I only had a few select parts I was working with. Thanks again!! Glad I joined the forum.

No worries.

Just pay it forward next time you see someone completely fucked & it won't put you out too much.

Shitty about the MA not being able to hold guns any longer. Is that just an Everett, or big ship thing, or is it Nav-wide?

I'm glad this ended in a positive resolution thanks to Pauly. This seems like a really strange item for a thief to target. Jewelry, money, electronics, but a S12 gas block? How would they even know what it is? What is the street value on a gas block? Seems like the thief did it just to be a dick.

• Like 1

There are a lot of dicks on ships. Bored dicks will steal shit just to fuck you over. Stealing from a shipmate should get that dick keelhauled.

I would agree, but the new Navy frowns on that. The shit that went on 20 some years ago would not fly today.

We caught a guy red handed after a rash of missing items. He "fell" up and down the ladders as he was moved to the MAA. But that was a long time ago.