I am almost done with my 1973 VW "Wonder-Bus" project! Well, I haven't made my gun racks yet, but I have made lots of progress on it. Lots and lots of fixing has been done, with a bit more to go.Here is where we stand. A before pic, an after paint pic and the spots I will apply on sunday to make it look just like a loaf of Wonder Bread!

I am still planning out the interior work, as far as a bed and hidden gun storage, but it goes well!

post-16191-0-71801200-1343442794_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-02335300-1343442817_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-27181900-1343442838_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't put peace signs and flowers on it....................

Insert my favorite Maniacal Bugs Bunny quote...."He don't know me very well ........do he?"

This is my version of the VW logo that I will be painting on the front of the Wonderbus!!!!!!

No flowers, peace signs or patchoulli round here Mother F#*%ers!!!

post-16191-0-58858700-1343628482_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Oh the stories I could tell about the fun those buses were/are. I had a few while in Germany in the 70s-80s. The best one was one we removed the engine and replaced it with a Porsche engine out of a 911. Autobahn bus :) Or the time flying the "bus" under a Huey (don't ask, but alcohol was involved). Those buses are absolutely fun to have and drive. Great JOB !!!

Your missing something ,Ah i know what it is http://www.robertrtg...ingmount.html

nice and discreet but make Da Vunder Bus into a can of Whip A%% when required .

I have one and it is too cool ,the back rest swivels with the mount but it can also be lowered so you can rest your butt on it and still swivel ,Very well designed ,smooth and light weight . the cradle was designed for the MG-3 better known as the MG-42 ,a very simple affair Very easy to modify for your given choice of mount ables bad_smile.gif

Missile Shooter,

try a 411 motor in a 73 bug eyes_droped.gif

Edited by belt fed frog