Assault Rilfe Abuse Awareness (featureless rifles)

I am not "using the gun-banners terminology and fighting thier fight for them"!!!! You guys are make mute points that your guns are not assault weapons! The second ammendment protects YOUR right for you to own ASSAULT WEAPONS (REAL DEAL, BY THE LETTER, FULL AUTO ASSAULT WEAPONS!) so when they say they want to ban assault weapons and you say your guns are not assault weapons YOU'RE PLAYING THE GUN BANNERS GAME, NOT ME! The agrument should't be "well assault weapons should be banned by mine are not assult weapons", it should be "I have the right to bear ARMS! ARMS, not rilfes as long as they are not assault rifles, not sporting goods, ARMS (Whatever I think I need to defend myself against criminals and tyranny!)

Since you arent from an AWB state, you cant know what the fight here is. We arent just fighting to keep our "assault weapons" we are fighting to keep ANY. If it takes having to re-educate these morons one person at a time thats how we have to do it. But to try and win the war by just going from "this isnt an assault weapon" to "I should be able to carry a full-auto" wont win any fights. These people dont want any guns. Telling them you should have a full-auto typically just adds fuel to their fire.

I understand you are in a bad position, but like you said "these people don't want any guns" which is the real problem, not the lable assault weapon.

Well the people who vote listen to things stated by media and governors (current presidential candidates) and believe "assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people." We here now are just trying to change the perception of what these guns truely are, so we can move on to other issues the anti's use against 2A

They are very much made for self defense. Defense against people with other rifles... we don't always get the luxury of an attacker with a bat or a knife, or small revolver. Once our semi auto rifles are gone, what weight would our votes carry, should a president decided that our rights are no longer valid? Doesn't matter your political affilation, physical force is the ultimate enforcement of law. ( I know I'm preaching to the choir)

• Like 2
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, they're ugly. But the way I look at it, is this:   Some guys created those stocks, basically as a big giant "FUCK YOU!" to Cali law. "You want to ban certain features? Fine. We'll skirt it

Yup obama is laying suppressive fire and romney is poised to flank us...what a shitty pickle.

How about rifle or pistol or long arm or handgun. Historically the word sturmgewehr is the correct terminology and translated into english means, assault rifle. The person who coined this term almost

Posted Images

Well the people who vote listen to things stated by media and governors (current presidential candidates) and believe "assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people." We here now are just trying to change the perception of what these guns truely are, so we can move on to other issues the anti's use against 2A

They are very much made for self defense. Defense against people with other rifles... we don't always get the luxury of an attacker with a bat or a knife, or small revolver. Once our semi auto rifles are gone, what weight would our votes carry, should a president decided that our rights are no longer valid? Doesn't matter your political affilation, physical force is the ultimate enforcement of law. ( I know I'm preaching to the choir)

This statement from Romney is one I just cant get over. Now that he claims to be pro-2A, how can he be so anti, then a few years and a presidential election later say "oh yeah no I love guns now"(not a real quote but, you know)

This statement from Romney is one I just cant get over. Now that he claims to be pro-2A, how can he be so anti, then a few years and a presidential election later say "oh yeah no I love guns now"(not a real quote but, you know)

Yup obama is laying suppressive fire and romney is poised to flank us...what a shitty pickle.

• Like 5

so other than not being able to have hi cap magazine and the "bullet button" how does my S12 differ from others?

IBEW005-2.jpg

I am in the process of converting my Saiga 7.62, which will look almost identical (the front handguard will be more AK style).

I will post pics when I am done.

I saw these pictures and cringed, I think most of those are from the month after the ban. Nobody had come up with a method around the AWB yet.

so other than not being able to have hi cap magazine and the "bullet button" how does my S12 differ from others?.

In MA, we cant have a greater than 5 round mag for a shotgun, we cant have a pistol grip on a shotgun and detachable mags, and we cant have a collapsible stock. So if yours is legal, you should be pretty pleased

Actually your gun is cursed simply by existing in California. This will affect its reliability and overall quality. Firearms are more likely to break, or fail to hit their target once in California. Drive to a neighboring state for best performance.

• Like 3

I live in Cali, and mine is perfectly legal. 10 round mags, pistol grip

I just can't have hi cap mags. oh well.

In MA a shotgun has a hi-cap mag if it is larger than 5 rounds, are you sure that 10 is ok? I would check, because our ban is based off the federal and if Cali followed that in anyway you may be out of compliance

Edit: so I just read up on the Cali stuff (simple google search) AND mag limit in Cali is only for hunting, which is 3. BUT, you cannot have a folding/collapsible stock AND pistol grip at the same time, so if yours does collapse, you are in fact out of compliance And the Cali legal code for good measure

"The term “assault weapon” also means any firearm that falls under one of the following

definitions pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(A) A folding or telescoping stock.

( B ) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon,

thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine."

Edited by VR6Shooter

In MA a shotgun has a hi-cap mag if it is larger than 5 rounds, are you sure that 10 is ok? I would check, because our ban is based off the federal and if Cali followed that in anyway you may be out of compliance

Edit: so I just read up on the Cali stuff (simple google search) AND mag limit in Cali is only for hunting, which is 3. BUT, you cannot have a folding/collapsible stock AND pistol grip at the same time, so if yours does collapse, you are in fact out of compliance And the Cali legal code for good measure "

The term

“assault weapon” also means any firearm that falls under one of the following

definitions pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(cool.png A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon,

(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine."

Didn't realize the pistol grip was only an issue if the stock was collapsable. Good to know. I will never ever live there, and highly doubt I'll even visit.

• Like 2

Edit: so I just read up on the Cali stuff (simple google search) AND mag limit in Cali is only for hunting, which is 3. BUT, you cannot have a folding/collapsible stock AND pistol grip at the same time, so if yours does collapse, you are in fact out of compliance And the Cali legal code for good measure

"The term “assault weapon” also means any firearm that falls under one of the following

definitions pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

( B ) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon,

stock is "pinned", so it can't collapse.

The misuse of the term "Assault Rifle" is a scare tactic used as propaganda to turn the uneducated, or borderline people into frightened people.

It is no different than someone who wants legislature against cars referring to a car that was Speeding as a "Race Car" because it is a Toyota Camry, and they race Toyota Camrys in NASCAR. "Madman caught speeding in RACE CAR in downtown Anywhere USA" Well to someone who has never even seen or driven a car, they could be the same thing. Especially not knowing the Mechanical differences between the 2.

Using the term Assault Rifle is not only incorrect, but plain old "Wrong!"

Please do not "Give in" and use that term.....shit, you probably have a "30 round CLIP".

You know, that stock on the AK would've been a much nicer option for our saigas to come into the states with instead of the current configuration.

But anyway, all I know is that I'm glad my family left California for a much freer state in 1979, it's done nothing but go downhill since then. I can't imagine ever going back there.

Yeah, they're ugly. But the way I look at it, is this:

Some guys created those stocks, basically as a big giant "FUCK YOU!" to Cali law. "You want to ban certain features? Fine. We'll skirt it, and still have effective (even if ugly) weapons. Go fuck yourself!".

..........and that, is a beautiful thing.

For those still in Cali, keep fighting the good fight and in the mean time, legally skirt those bullshit laws as much as you can.

Some company really should take that on as their marketing slogan... "This is the new "Fuck you California" edition AR15... with caliber marked as "F.U. Cal." and every purchase comes with a free entry into our "Get the hell out of there!" contest where you can win an all expense paid move to Arizona."
  • Like 1

Some company really should take that on as their marketing slogan... "This is the new "Fuck you California" edition AR15... with caliber marked as "F.U. Cal." and every purchase comes with a free entry into our "Get the hell out of there!" contest where you can win an all expense paid move to Arizona."

The only problem I see with changing the guns enough to skirt the regulations is that they seem to just write them in anyways. I mean thumbhole stocks are part of assault weapons????? WTF! Last I checked even the federal definition, which works for us in MA doesnt restrict (at least by definition) a thumbhole stock. I'm glad we dont have that little addition in our regs, or my M4 foregrip would be gone and the ol' Norinco wouldnt have been legal to buy

Edited by VR6Shooter

The misuse of the term "Assault Rifle" is a scare tactic used as propaganda to turn the uneducated, or borderline people into frightened people.

It is no different than someone who wants legislature against cars referring to a car that was Speeding as a "Race Car" because it is a Toyota Camry, and they race Toyota Camrys in NASCAR. "Madman caught speeding in RACE CAR in downtown Anywhere USA" Well to someone who has never even seen or driven a car, they could be the same thing. Especially not knowing the Mechanical differences between the 2.

Using the term Assault Rifle is not only incorrect, but plain old "Wrong!"

Please do not "Give in" and use that term.....shit, you probably have a "30 round CLIP".

I've got some 8 round clips for an M1.

You got me pegged I guess, I don't call mags "clips" but I don't correct people that do. I did draw the line when I read that the Colorado shooter had a 100+ round clip, I was like THERE IS NO SUCH ANIMAL AS A 100, EXUSE ME 100 PLUS ROUND CLIP THIS IS STUPID! IT WOULD BE A DRUM MAGAZINE FOR ONE THING AND I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ONE THAT HELD MORE THAN 100 rds FOR ANOTHER THING!

I think in your automoblie analogy calling a camery a racecar would be like calling a AR-15 a machinegun (which people do, and I do correct them) I think Assault Rifle would be like calling it a Sportscar. It's a name that differentiates it from a Geo Metro or a Caravan but it Ain't no Ferrari. Just like a AR-15 isn't a M16, but it's not a 30-30. But that's just my opinion of how most reasonable non-gun owners think.

Edited by bigdaddyhatty

So would you call my 10/22 an assault rifle due to it's 25round Clip? or do you think caliber is part of it? There are Sports cars with tiny caliber motors and big caliber motors, 4cyl vs. 8 or 12 cyl.

My 10/22 fires rounds as fast as I can pull the trigger, just like my AR or AK, and if it is Black, does that help lean to Assault rifle?

So, basically you are on the bandwagon of a semi-auto firearm = assault rifle, if I understand correctly?

Is my Grandpa's Mini 14 with a wood stock and iron sights an assault rifle then?

Just trying to find out what this NEW definition of Assault rifles that "Most reasonabe gun owners" (Not here in Montana) seem to have invented.

• Like 1

I think in your automoblie analogy calling a camery a racecar would be like calling a AR-15 a machinegun (which people do, and I do correct them) I think Assault Rifle would be like calling it a Sportscar. It's a name that differentiates it from a Geo Metro or a Caravan but it Ain't no Ferrari. Just like a AR-15 isn't a M16, but it's not a 30-30. But that's just my opinion of how most reasonable non-gun owners think.

By military definition (there is no legal definition), an assault rifle must be select fire meaning it is capable of fully automatic or burst fire. A machine gun as defined by the National Firearms Act of 1934 is a firearm that is capable of firing more than one round per trigger pull. Assault weapon is a term made up by the Clinton administration in order to ban certain firearms based on cosmetic features such as pistol grips, flash supressors, and barrel shrouds (those evil shoulder things that flip up).

So, by calling an AR15 an assault rifle or assault weapon, you're agreeing to the terms used by groups that wish to destroy and belittle your 2A rights. Unfortunately, much of the industry has adopted much of the langauge as it is easier to market those items to people when thats what they end up calling it anyway. Most disgusting is the use of term 'hi-cap' magazine in the industry. How is a 30 round AR or AK magazine 'high-capacity' when it is the what the rifle is designed to use??

• Like 2

Most disgusting is the use of term 'hi-cap' magazine in the industry. How is a 30 round AR or AK magazine 'high-capacity' when it is the what the rifle is designed to use??

I hate this as well. I try to deviate from using it when I can, I would use things of over 100 rounds as "hi-cap" as a 30 round is standard and even 75 round drums can be considered standard on an RPK. In a state like mine though, it is in your face at all times. My LTC even states on it "Hi-Cap", just disgusting

So would you call my 10/22 an assault rifle due to it's 25round Clip? or do you think caliber is part of it? There are Sports cars with tiny caliber motors and big caliber motors, 4cyl vs. 8 or 12 cyl.

My 10/22 fires rounds as fast as I can pull the trigger, just like my AR or AK, and if it is Black, does that help lean to Assault rifle?

So, basically you are on the bandwagon of a semi-auto firearm = assault rifle, if I understand correctly?

Is my Grandpa's Mini 14 with a wood stock and iron sights an assault rifle then?

Just trying to find out what this NEW definition of Assault rifles that "Most reasonabe gun owners" (Not here in Montana) seem to have invented.

Your 10/22 Takes Clips? All the ones I've ever seen are magazine fed. No I don't think a 10/22 is an assault weapon, even if you dress it up (then it's a toy IMO), like the definition I referenced earlier in the post said something larger than a pistol round. I never said all semi-autos are assault rifles, I think you guys are jumping my case for no reason.

On the car analogy, I said most reasonable NON-GUN OWNERS.

When I say assault weapon I just mean a firearm that was not designed for hunting, one that would interest someone who does not hunt, which I believe to be a reasonable definition. I see why people who live in assault weapon ban states want to argue that these are not assault weapons (as I said earlier in the thread). To those people the term means (an evil weapon I shouldn't be able to own) I don't mean that, so get up off me. I'm talking to fellow fire arms enthusiasts, I'm not giving a press conference to CNN, MSNBC, ABC, the ACLU, or anyone else so I don't think I'm "using the gun banners language and fighting their fight for them" like I've been accused of.

Your 10/22 Takes Clips? All the ones I've ever seen are magazine fed. No I don't think a 10/22 is an assault weapon, even if you dress it up (then it's a toy IMO), like the definition I referenced earlier in the post said something larger than a pistol round. I never said all semi-autos are assault rifles, I think you guys are jumping my case for no reason.

On the car analogy, I said most reasonable NON-GUN OWNERS.

When I say assault weapon I just mean a firearm that was not designed for hunting, one that would interest someone who does not hunt, which I believe to be a reasonable definition. I see why people who live in assault weapon ban states want to argue that these are not assault weapons (as I said earlier in the thread). To those people the term means (an evil weapon I shouldn't be able to own) I don't mean that, so get up off me. I'm talking to fellow fire arms enthusiasts, I'm not giving a press conference to CNN, MSNBC, ABC, the ACLU, or anyone else so I don't think I'm "using the gun banners language and fighting their fight for them" like I've been accused of.

Sounds like something straight out of the mouth of Bill Ruger.

OK, as for the error in my typing of NON-gun owners, sorry, I live in Montana so I forgot there were Non-Gun owners.

How about looking at it this way, The term Hunting rifle immediately tells someone the rifle is for hunting, The term Assault weapon tells someone the rifle is for use in an Assault, (assault is a crime), Do you own it to use in an assault????

Would not the term "Target Rifle" be about 100% accurate?

That term "Assault Rifle", implies that it's primary function is to be used for bad things when actually it is just for plinking around. I imagine that is all you do with your "Assault Rifle", and aren't out there Assaulting people with it.

But a Macho guy can't be cool with a new "Plinker" so he will say "I got a new Assault Rifle" as he and his friends get a little Chub from those golden words!

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 1