I'd say it is somewhat accurate but who cares about the headline this is what got me:

"In spite of the charitable nature of their effort, Portland police Lt. Robert King said Anthony Quayle and John Walterich (pictured) will be charged with disorderly conduct for handling an assault rifle in public and causing alarm."

Thats BULLSHIT!! How the hell is that disorderly conduct?? Sure maybe they should have called the LEO and told them what they were doing but I dont think they were legally obligated to and I damn sure dont think they broke any laws by being armed with a beard and wearing camo!! One of the gun rights groups should take up this case.

Thats total bullshit they were charged for basically nothing other than people being afraid of their gun!! And to top it all off they doing a photo shoot for a charitiable cause and get this bullshit from their sheriff!! WTF??

Fuckin Oregon Liberal hippies!022.gif

• Like 4

that is bullshit. more efforts to make dumbasses think that guns are illegal period. imagine the amount of wrong messages some of these fucking hippies are getting by shitty police work and infringing on others' rights.

id be fighting this shit in court.

• Like 2

Last time I heard, at least here where I live, it is perfectly legal to carry a unloaded gun. Ya maybe they should have gave the cops a heads up but it is total bullshit that they were charged with anything. Like Captin Hero said, this will send the wrong message to uneducated dumbasses.

Edited by Mohawk Bob

Wow, can you say power trip? I understand the caution to an extent, but that's a big reaction to respond to a group of people who were breaking no laws. So apparently it's "disorderly conduct" to legally carry in an open carry state while you're wearing camo; maybe it was volunteering for a cancer charity?

Concerning the Headline- The police closed the bridge, the bearded guys had nothing to do with it.

Regardless of the open carry state deal from time to time you have to carry your weapons to your vehicle to transport it or them. I do that often way early getting home way late. It may look suspicious from time to time but it is not illegal.

I'd say it is somewhat accurate but who cares about the headline this is what got me:

"In spite of the charitable nature of their effort, Portland police Lt. Robert King said Anthony Quayle and John Walterich (pictured) will be charged with disorderly conduct for handling an assault rifle in public and causing alarm."

Thats BULLSHIT!! How the hell is that disorderly conduct?? Sure maybe they should have called the LEO and told them what they were doing but I dont think they were legally obligated to and I damn sure dont think they broke any laws by being armed with a beard and wearing camo!! One of the gun rights groups should take up this case.

Thats total bullshit they were charged for basically nothing other than people being afraid of their gun!! And to top it all off they doing a photo shoot for a charitiable cause and get this bullshit from their sheriff!! WTF??

Fuckin Oregon Liberal hippies!022.gif

It would be good to know the whole story on this. Some so called "News sources " are saying they were charged with unlawful possession of a firearm.

I think the city of Portland is just making this shit up as they go. The mayor took over as self appointed police commissioner a while back. He is an extreme anti 2nd amendment douchebag.

The laws don't fit his agenda so he dictates this sort of shitbird policy unilaterally. Fortunately the " first openly queer mayor in America " ( his own words ) is not running for re-election.

I just hope this shit doesn't slip through the cracks and go away without a second look. If these guys can be charged for disorderly conduct just for being in possession of a " real assault rifle " then so can any one of us. At least if you also have a beard. Beware the facial hair.

"Beards for Breast Cancer Awareness" ??? 021.gif WTF??? I think that's your biggest sign that we're not dealing with Rocket Surgeons here. The charges against them may be questionable, but my God man, so is just about everything else here. Beards...breast cancer...bridges....blankets and Bushmasters. I can't even begin to connect the dots. There is a "Bizzarro World" cartoon in there somewhere.

• Like 1

Man I'm screwed then, I wear my BDU pants at least a couple days a week because I'm cheap and they were free and are still like brand new, why wear out my jeans? I also have a partial beard, and I'm sure my A-shirt and do-rag are probably also signs to the liberals that I am not to be trusted with the firearm that I carry on my hip all the time...

Had a half hour conversation with a Sheriff's deputy that I know casually, all he ever mentioned was the fact that "see you finally switched from that Sigma to a Ruger" then showed me his Glock 27 BUG and off duty carry...