Handguard forearm nut/cap

Mine constantly becomes loose, even when not shooting

I see pictures of custom 1919s with different handguard caps and also on CenterFires page where they advertise the upcoming fb handguard

Where do I get a different cap that doesn't suck and actually tightens properly without use of loctite?

i've gone to a fastener supplier and tried to get something that would work, no dice yet

Damn those Turkish threads...

They have their hearts in the right place (evidence: the ever tacticool UTAS-15)

but man do they slack off on some common sense areas. I can't complain though... the quality control is significantly more... predictable and constant than our Russian comrades

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just purchased the FIREBIRD rail which comes with a replacement guide rod and different nutcap that (from what I have read) does not have this problem and I think looks better than the oneI have now. The lock washers I found at the hardware store were huge and would scratch the handguard too much. I am actually gonna keep both handguards, I like them both. The new one is for the 2 3/4" and the Tooth and Nail is for the 3".

Edited by SFSMN

like the fix and think its the right way to do it. not much on the bling bling but the polish is A+. someone just need to make a chrome molly guide rod with better threads and nut system. hell it will even add some weight. maybe make it a tube that can hold tungsten to had diff amount of weight up front. just saying

Edited by pickpocket