Tis the season for a good horror flick. Any good new ones, or flicks that missed the main stream media? Foreign or indie?

Whatcha got? Bonus points if it's got good use of guns.

Edited by mizombiekilla
  • Like 1

I'd never heard of this one til I saw it on Netflix, not bad considering how many crappy horror movies are made, Case 39.

Another one that was originally made in Sweden, Let The Right One In. It was remade in the U.S. and titled Let Me In;

http://youtu.be/qjavOLdPk1c

Finding a good horror movie is pretty hard these days. I do know if a good horror movie but it's been out for a while. Check out "Dead Silence".

I have this one on DVD not bad.

• Like 2

Not horror... But if you like Foreign Films & Russian military/weapons... Watch '9th Company'

I've been recommending this flick since I saw it. IMO it's like a Russian "Full Metal Jacket", the last part is like "Platoon". Very good flick.

Have you seen 'Super 8', again, not really horror, but a decent sci-fi suspense flick with a monster.

Not Horror, but damned good by my standards, 'The Way Back'.

Prisoners in Siberia escape a Soviet Gulag and walk all the way to India.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Deathwatch

English soldiers stuck in enemy territory in this spooky World War I thriller.

Desperate to stay unseen, they bunk out in an abandoned German hideout, where slowly, one by one, they're picked off by an otherworldly enemy they can't identify.

For the rest of them to get out alive, they must understand what they're up against so they can vanquish it before it conquers them.

House at the end of the street looks good comes out sept 21.love me a good horror flick myself.hard to come by these days,wish rob zombie would get back at it.

Zombie was filming his new film in my hometown of Salem, MA over the last few months. "Salem's Lot" dont know when the scheduled release is but I'm gonna guess its around Halloween next year

I'll second "Let Me In', it was worth watching at home.

The original was worth watching also, IMO the girl in the original was better...but it's got subtitles, some don't like that. Deathwatch was worth watching also.

Other better known flicks that are good if you haven't seen them;

• Silent Hill
  • The Ring (Ring 2 is worth watching but not as good as the original)
  • Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2
  • Resident Evil (All)
  • Dreamcatcher
  • Pitch Black
  • Constantine
  • Blade (All)
  • Feast (All)
  • Doom
  • Seven
  • Jennifer's Body
  • 30 Days Of Night
  • Legion
  • Pandorum (Sci-Fi/Horror)
  • The Howling (The original was good but all the rest pretty much suck)
  • The Thing (Kurt Russell version)
  • Drag Me To Hell
  • Ginger Snaps

These are all flicks I have and I usually don't buy a disk unless I like the movie. This doesn't include Sci-Fi although there is cross-over with some. This doesn't include "classics".

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 2

well none of you has mentioned Audition. you can't get the full japanese version here, even if they say it is, have to order it from amazon japan.

I saw the "unrated" version that the US gets from blockbuster, that was effed up enough, but my friend's wife had her copy (she's from Osaka) and we watched it, whoa huge diff.

Never trust a Japanese actress or balarena

If you haven't seen "Fido" with Carrie Anne Moss and Billy Connolly, you really need to check it out. Not a horror, but a great take on the zombie genre.

I'd seen this before on Netflix. So many stinkers out there in the Horror genre, most not bad enough to be good though. Fido's in my queue now.

Great suggestions. I'm thinking that there should be a scoring system kinda like:

Zombie action _____/10

Use of Guns _____/10

Hot chicks _____/10

Realism _____/5

Acting _____/5

Use of other items as weapons _____/10

for a total score of _____/50

Edited by mizombiekilla

I thought Cabin In The Woods was a remake of a movie with a similar story line but in doing some research on IMDb I find it's "Cabin Fever" I'm thinking of...CITW should be good, Joss Whedon writing, Nine Inch Nails doing the soundtrack. Heard a story about Courtney Love, got busy with Trent Reznor and reported it was more like "Three Inch Nails"...

If you haven't seen "Fido" with Carrie Anne Moss and Billy Connolly, you really need to check it out. Not a horror, but a great take on the zombie genre.

Just watched this, definitely a unique take as you said. I guess It's because I'd never seen Billy Connolly without a mustache or beard but it's still hard to believe he's Fido. Also had an "Edward Scissorhands" feel, the retro thing. And it's cool when a movie has a happy ending, even weird, quirky ones.

Paranormal Entity (Netflix)

All 3 Paranormal activitie's

The Possession

The Rite

The Last Exorcism

Not all new but a few good ones I could think of. Just watched The Innkeepers. Not bad. A little slow at points but still pretty good.

A bit older but 1408 is a great flick.

Okay........... Who's Gus ..... ?

I'd like to say he's this really bad assed samurai dude with a flame thrower and zombie killing ninja stars and can run an AK like only a true operator can.

However, in truth...that was meant to be the word Guns, I left out the n. My bad.

Edited by mizombiekilla