Thats a pretty interesting mag. The only thing I could suggest is could it possibly hold two pistol caliber rounds front-to-back?

Don't laugh at me, its been done: http://www.forgotten...ns/vesely-v-42/

post-6253-0-01234300-1353100723_thumb.jpg

Its definitely different, but maybe someone was experimenting with trying to make a modern version? Doubtful I know, but I'm trying to think outside the box here.

V42magMech.bmp

Edited by DistalRadius
  • Like 1

Could it be a prototype FAL mag?

wrong front locking stud. plus, it's too short to accommodate a .308

yeah, I noticed that after the post. hmmm...not really sure what kind of mag this could possibly be. Whatever round it was meant to hold, was extremely flat, even more flat than say the 223. I'm assuming that based solely on the lack of any curve. The locking studs are kind of AK like, but not really. What about the early STG90 mags? But then again, no curve. This really is a mystery magazine.

Might be a mag for one of those experimental fletchette guns. Had a friend that worked in testing this rifle. Couldnt find any info in a search. I remember he said it had regular type mags and a 150 rd drum. Was a very straight cartridge with a plastic sabot holding the little arrow. Had a muzzle device that stripped the sabot away. That was the problem. Sometimes the fletchette would come out at 90 degrees to the bore. The project was scrapped.

It would help to narrow down the possibilities by knowing what calibers fit in the mag. Do you have a selection of ammo to try in it? You would need enough of each to try to load it to max, so that you can eliminate calibers that bind in the mag. 30 carbine, 222 Remington, 221 Fireball, 7,92x33mm, etc, etc.