http://www.theblaze.com/stories/claim-secret-camo-can-make-american-solders-truly-invisible-the-photos-will-blow-your-mind/

Claim: Secret Camo Can Make American Soldiers Truly Invisible & the Photos Will Blow Your Mind!

The Pentagon is betting big on a real life invisibility cloak for American soldiers, according to recent reports.

Hyperstealth Biotechnology Corp, a Canadian company known for its innovative camo technology, is attempting to revolutionize the battlefield by providing true invisibility for soldiers. The special material being used is know as Quantum Stealth. The pictures posted on the company’s website of the fabric, which apparently bends light to create the effect, look as though they are straight out of a Harry Potter movie:

56.png

http://www.hyperstealth.com

3434.png

2424.png

There is no video yet of the technology in action since its development is considered highly secretive. However, Guy Cramer, CEO of Hyperstealth Biotechnology Corp, told the Daily Mail that top military brass in the U.S. and Canada have seen it in action, and were amazed:

“These groups now know that it works and does so without cameras, batteries, lights or mirrors…It is lightweight and quite inexpensive. Both the U.S. and Canadian military have confirmed that it also works against military IR scopes and Thermal Optics.”

In the same interview, Cramer imagines a group of battle tanks decked out with Quantum Stealth camouflage that could engage an enemy unit with no signs of their location except the sound of their engines and guns.

“As news spreads of an invisible Canadian army which can move without detection, the psychological effect on the enemy is devastating, they never know when or even if this invisible army has them targeted or surrounded. How can you hit a target you cannot see, how do you defend from the invisible?”

In a recent CNN interview, Cramer said you would literally have to “walk right into” a solder wearing the cloak in the same room as you to know he was there. ”You wouldn’t see him at all” Cramer claims.

The army spent $5 billion in an underwhelming and under-performing camouflage pattern eight years ago and is now shopping for new contracts.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was wondering how long it would be before we actually seen this shit. I want some!

ETA: It could be photoshopped too, but the modern tech dont suprise me.

Edited by Captain Hero
  • Like 1

There are going to be ways to detect it, there always are.

We can see our Stealth aircraft without IFF, it is a matter of power and knowing what you're looking for.

We can, and so can the people we're most likely to have to fight, i.e. China & Russia.

This stuff is more than likely going to show some issues with distortion & reflectivity, amongst others.

Heat imaging optics, anyone?

Actually, there has been a suit around for years that bends light with an electromagnet. It gives that predator look, but for the most part, the person wearing it is not seen. All that is seen is a distorted silhouette of what is on the other side. Not as good as this, but is only about $13k last time I checked.

I'm sorry, but there's no conceivable way that this tech could work in the way that the photos demonstrate. The person would have to be wearing some special clothing or apparatus... not a polo shirt. Otherwise, how does the cloak 'know' what's behind the person without that light ever reaching it?

By the way, Guy Cramer is notorious for being completely full of bullshit and propaganda. His company has thousands of camo patterns 'licensed', and anytime a new one comes out, he tries to claim that he came up with it first. Here he tries to claim that the Brits ripped off his design for MTP, despite it being developed by Crye and clearly a Multicam derived pattern with DPM camo shapes:

http://www.hyperstealth.com/Mutliple/index.html

Anyway, I guarantee we won't be seeing this, no pun intended, for many decades still yet.

• Like 1

I'm thinking "programmable" camo. Ie, take a pic of the area, terrain, foliage, etc. that you want to "hide" in and it shows on the cloak. One time pic transfered to the cloak/screen until another pic is taken. Beyond that, I agree with Risky, not happening.

I'm sorry, but there's no conceivable way that this tech could work in the way that the photos demonstrate. The person would have to be wearing some special clothing or apparatus... not a polo shirt. Otherwise, how does the cloak 'know' what's behind the person without that light ever reaching it?

By the way, Guy Cramer is notorious for being completely full of bullshit and propaganda. His company has thousands of camo patterns 'licensed', and anytime a new one comes out, he tries to claim that he came up with it first. Here he tries to claim that the Brits ripped off his design for MTP, despite it being developed by Crye and clearly a Multicam derived pattern with DPM camo shapes:

http://www.hyperstea...iple/index.html

Anyway, I guarantee we won't be seeing this, no pun intended, for many decades still yet.

I've read about several design theories demonstrated with this technology, and it in fact requires a view of the opposite side of the wearer to operate. The theory is that you would have numerous small CCDs (i.e. digital camera lenses) on various points on a 360-degree radius on both axes of the suit or apparatus, which would record the scene on that side of the device, and then project it on the opposite side.

I think the big limiting factor at this point is the technology of backlit flexible LCD or plasma display elements. Basically the suit or device will need to be a flexible TV/display screen that can also automatically adjust to match the ambient light of the surrounding environment. Flexible LCD/plasma technology is in development, but so far the technology has only been able to generate simple devices not capable of full-color or lit projection. It would probably be a long time before anything fully-functional enough was developed for this use, much less in a form that is flexible enough to be worn as clothing or even as a covering drape.

Some interesting stuff going on.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

Another limiting factor is that the real world and the soldier are 3 dimentional and even with the slightest circular panning around him changes his "Background" completely. It seems something like this could work as a panel, for say, covering ground items from above.

So If I move to the right and another person stays put, looking @ a person wearing this suit, if we both look @ the same point on the person from slightly different angles, my view may have bricks in the background, while person 2 will have a car in the background. T hat single area on the Camo person would need to be showing infinate angles of background, and that one area would need to have sort of Facets to it to project infinate anges of background in every direction simultaniously so that when I look at his belt buckle I see brick, while at the same time person 2 looks at the belt buckle and sees part of a Chevy.

I don't see that happening.

• Like 1

I just wish I could go into some of the DoD's top secret facilities and see what kind of shit they actually do have that is operational. There is tech out there that is top secret shit that would blow our minds if we could get a glimps of it.