,but I still can't find the last two parts that I need to execute said evl plan!

Oh well, any 2004'ish Toyota 4Runner owners out there? How do you like it? Does it tow a trailer well? V6 or V8? How is fuel mileage?

Why do you always elude to shit?

;-)

4Runner mpg is shit.

lol! I'm getting 14 right now and the damn vehicle doesn't tow well, at all. I'd settle for some better power and the same mileage at this point.

ETA: Eluding is the fun part ;)

Sorry, I have an 03 Xterra.

Well, how do you like it?

Maybe I should start a "Pick me a vehicle for 8-10k that will accelerate with a 4x8 trailer full of tools behind it" thread....

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I like it but have never towed with it, so couldn't help you there. Got a naturally aspirated V6 but they also have a supercharged V6 available on that generation. Does have a full frame and 4WD. Mileage is around 18 to 20 overall.

Ruh roh is one of those evil parts a Saiga gas tube....lol? I got ya covered bro!

Wouldn't trade my '89 Toyota SR-5 4x4 for a heavier bigger gas guzzler no fuggin way..... That little truck is unstoppable! Also gets decent gas milage.

027.gifhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3xy7OOoxhgc

021.gif

Ruh roh is one of those evil parts a Saiga gas tube....lol? I got ya covered bro!

Wouldn't trade my '89 Toyota SR-5 4x4 for a heavier bigger gas guzzler no fuggin way..... That little truck is unstoppable! Also gets decent gas milage.

I didn't want to bug you. If you are half as busy as I am, you are one busy mofo ;)

Got a line on a broken carrier, by chance?

i'll stick to my Powerstrokes thanks. 8-10k get a 99-02 f-250 or 350 superduty with a powerstroke, it will pull anything, i'd suggest a 6 sp. the auto's have gotten better but the 4r100 is still a lil slushy. if you went newer with a 6.0 the 5r110 auto is fine. but the motors have a few issues.

but a 00 or so 7.3 F250 6sp 4x4 is damn near unstoppable. gets about 20mpg i average 19, dad gets 22, my brother used to get 24 or better with a 2wd.

No problem at all bro, Sandi is shipping a handful of bolt carriers tomorrow so we'll get a couple of gas tubes headed your way as well. PM me your address again.

Oh and scroll back up and watch the torture tests they've done to Toyota 4x4s like mine...LOL. Crazy....

BTW ...lol speaking of "broken carriers"... here is a pic of what's left of the rear end (third member) I just replaced last week after 262,000 miles of faithful service. It was STILL drivable (in reverse) even with the 'new gear' it tried to carve itself out from the carrier, where the drive pinion was eating away at it for a couple of years since the rear bearings wore out.

Comparing it to the new differential I replaced it with, it's pretty amazing to me how long this baby hung in there!

amazing.gif

154641_555198597827127_332230416_n.jpg12246_555200804493573_277820626_n.jpg

• Like 1

No problem at all bro, Sandi is shipping a handful of bolt carriers tomorrow so we'll get a couple of gas tubes headed your way as well. PM me your address again.

Oh and scroll back up and watch the torture tests they've done to Toyota 4x4s like mine...LOL. Crazy....

BTW ...lol speaking of "broken carriers"... here is a pic of what's left of the rear end (third member) I just replaced last week after 262,000 miles of faithful service. It was STILL drivable (in reverse) even with the 'new gear' it tried to carve itself out from the carrier, where the drive pinion was eating away at it for a couple of years since the rear bearings wore out.

Comparing it to the new differential I replaced it with, it's pretty amazing to me how long this baby hung in there!

amazing.gif

154641_555198597827127_332230416_n.jpg12246_555200804493573_277820626_n.jpg

I would have to loved to heard that thing sing it's last song. I bet it made one hell of a death moan.
  • Like 3

Yikes....

i'll stick to my Powerstrokes thanks. 8-10k get a 99-02 f-250 or 350 superduty with a powerstroke, it will pull anything, i'd suggest a 6 sp. the auto's have gotten better but the 4r100 is still a lil slushy. if you went newer with a 6.0 the 5r110 auto is fine. but the motors have a few issues.

but a 00 or so 7.3 F250 6sp 4x4 is damn near unstoppable. gets about 20mpg i average 19, dad gets 22, my brother used to get 24 or better with a 2wd.

Way more truck than I need. I have had bad luck with Fords through the years. They don't like me, lol.

I would have to loved to heard that thing sing it's last song. I bet it made one hell of a death moan.

Very accurate description indeed. She had a long slow death moan. Finally when the chattering started, any time there wasn't some pulling going on (had to keep the clutch in whenever coasting downhill...lol), I had to take her off the road. Back now strong as an ox though! beer.gif

I got an '06 F350 I drive for work, and its shit. EGR valve went out, dummy plugs, fuel injectors, gas tank rusted and fucked up some shit in the past year alone. I wouldnt suggest a shitty 6.0 ford to nobody. They are shit. And shame on Ford for even creating a piece of shit motor and lining the gas tanks with a coating that rusts and plugs injectors, fuel filters and leaves you on the side of the road or worse.

Don't waste your time with a Ford Power stroke, Get ya a real engine, it's only a 6 cal, but has torque from hell and I'm getting 26mph in my Dodge D3500 dually. If I tow the 5th wheel camper (about 9500#) I'll get about 12-14, depending on how much I stand in it. Bad part about any diesel is they won't be broke in until about 50-60K miles, so until then, be prepared for 10-12, but it'll steadily climb and level off. Anything after 05 has the EGR crap on it, so stay away from it.

I liked the 7.3's that ford put out, but this 6.0 just plain sucks. It runs great when its running right, and has tons of toruque, but when its running sluggish it sucks balls. Other than that, the only other thing I dont like about the Fords are the ball joints. I like the offerings from Dodge and Chevy, but I'll have to wait and see how this truck pans out. Its only got about 124k on her. Im going to roll it til the wheels fall off. I also have a 12' flat bed on it thats a 1/4" thick with two rows of boxes on it with a rack and torches. Im weighing in empty bed weight of just over 11,000 lbs. Next one I get will be a gas engine with 4x4 instead of a dually with a diesel.

ETA: sorry for the thread jack evl. I look forward to your sick plans. big_smile.gif

Edited by Captain Hero

Very accurate description indeed. She had a long slow death moan. Finally when the chattering started, any time there wasn't some pulling going on (had to keep the clutch in whenever coasting downhill...lol), I had to take her off the road. Back now strong as an ox though! beer.gif

How much metal sand was in there?

So what exactly is the plan? im not sure It was said.

I think I may have found a way to do something that many may find interesting, but won't know if it will work until I can experiment with a carrier. I would rather start with one that is already unusable and inexpensive (broken charging handle, broken op rod, etc.). I just don't want to take the chance of it not working with a good carrier. The carrier idea is just a small part of the big and complex picture.... the evl plan.

Plan? what plan?

Edited by evlblkwpnz

You guys and your new garbage. Gimme old school anyday. My rides:

p1010003ffj.jpg

Front: '79 Ranchero GT modified with a 302/AOD from a '93 CV Interceptor coupled with a Carter 2bbl carb. Powertrain has around 21K on it right now. Had a whopping 16 miles on it when the AL State Trooper totaled his ride. Was given to me by the original owner, who passed in 2002. Slug off the line with the 2.75 rear diff(factory), but hauls balls on the high end. Towed a 32' Bayliner Daycruiser without a hiccup, and averages around 16MPG mixed driving.

Back: '81 Toyota 1/2T 22R/5speed 2WD with posi rear axle(was told it's a solid setup Toy discontinued in '83). The 2bbl carb works on the same principle as the Holley 4bbl linkage secondary, and sucks 325CFM when both butterflies are open. Exhaust upgraded to 2" with turbo tube and catcon tossed. Body suffers from a severe case of cancer, and currently looking for a good 4-runner or Landcruiser to drop the engine/trans into

So what exactly is the plan? im not sure It was said.

I'm thinking it's a row of remote controlled belt fed S12s up top. So many that he needs a beefy suspension to support them and the accompanying ammo.

• Like 3