Some of you may know that I am a Tattoo artist, but I have been a Cartoonist for much longer. I still do a weekly editoril-ish cartoon in a local paper. In the last year I have been doing acrylic paintings in my cartoon style. They have proven to be quite popular and fun with most folks, so I thought I would share. These pics aren't that good, and don't do justice to the vibrancy of the colors, but you get the idea. I have sold several of them, and have more hanging in the tattoo shop, and of course I am creating more of them, even as we speak. I am continuing a series of Western paintings in the theme of "The Cactus Kid" as well as hunting and fishing paintings.

post-16191-0-87724500-1355366049_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-18132200-1355365884_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-59176500-1355365949_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-05616700-1355366011_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Fantastic work, Rob!!! Your style is unique, and tremendously appealing. You've done some comic strips, and story panels (I can tell). How about sharing some of them with us!

Mike

• Like 2

I sure will! I'll need to get a few uploaded, as all of my work is "Analog" and I don't use digital media, I usually use a brush or "quill-style" pen and ink, plus I still hand deliver my drawings!big_smile.gif

Best line I have heard today.

Them are good pics, thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Alright, Rob. Now that you've "fessed up", how bout a regular 'Cactus Kid' strip here on the forum.... "Cactus Kid" goes to DC, Chicago, NYC, North Korea... lots of great material there.

Can't wait to see it in ink!

Mike

• Like 1

Alright, Rob. Now that you've "fessed up", how bout a regular 'Cactus Kid' strip here on the forum.... "Cactus Kid" goes to DC, Chicago, NYC... lots of great material there.

Can't wait to see it in ink!

Mike

I think I could work with that....

The "Cactus Kid" has been a running "Strip" of paintings over a period of years. I wanted to do more with my comic strips and Gag-cartoons, so I have done several paintings of a continuing, wordless, story. It has been mostly for me as my "Artsy" idea of, Each panel is owned by different art collectors, who do not know each other, nor do they know of previously sold paintings, so nobody but me will ever really see or know the whole continuing story, or "Strip"......unless they all manage to get together after I die and put them all together, in order.

Painting the solid colors and clean strait lines is actually not so easy with acrylics, and I try to spend a lot of time on my layouts, which, yes, come from having done storyboard work in my early days as an artist!

Good call!

• Like 2

Awesome Rob! The top one and bottom one made me chuckle. You selling these?

BTW, you have snail mail inbound.

I am selling them. The bottom one is still available, and much brighter than the pic shows.

• Like 2

Oh... You're not gettin off that easy, brother! Ya got a gift, and a by-god character!!! We want a strip. Later, recognition - syndication, and megabucks. The libs have their voice. You - like it or not - are cool.

Step up, Rob. Be the voice in a way only a true artist can.

Mike

• Like 1

Making my easel a fun place to be is key to doing good work and doing lots of it! I will get some more pics of my paintings up soon!

post-16191-0-18213300-1355373827_thumb.jpg

if anyone wants to see more of my assorted work, mostly tattoo though, I am me, Rob Rez, on facebook. Just shoot a friend request and I will OK it. I have photo albums there of my work. ;)

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 3

The "Cactus Kid" has been a running "Strip" of paintings over a period of years. I wanted to do more with my comic strips and Gag-cartoons, so I have done several paintings of a continuing, wordless, story. It has been mostly for me as my "Artsy" idea of, Each panel is owned by different art collectors, who do not know each other, nor do they know of previously sold paintings, so nobody but me will ever really see or know the whole continuing story, or "Strip"......unless they all manage to get together after I die and put them all together, in order.

now all you have to do is hide a secret code in the series of paintings predicting the end of the world and become the next Nostradamus

• Like 3

Cool work. Looks fun. Keep making.

Not bad prices for originals either. Not the gallery price huh?

Yeah, most galleries want 40%, so, I sell them @ the tattoo shop and keep 100%. This is still a low price though, for the amount of time I put into each one....but it gets them out there into folks homes!

Thanks for all of the encouragement folks!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I like it Rob. Too bad I can't afford another!

Will trade for ammobig_smile.gif

DarkHorse: If you are on facebook, you can look me up there. I will approve friend requests, as I use facebook to promote my artwork. I have a ton of tattoo photos there, or look up American Made tattoo in Missoula Montana. I have mostly black/grey work, myself.

Edited by RobRez