http://www.3gunnation.com/news/nbc_sports_network_cancels_gun_programming

In response to the tragedy in Newtown, Conn., the NBC Sports Network has placed an indefinite moratorium on the broadcasting of any gun-related outdoor programming.

With the network’s decision, “3-Gun Nation” will no longer be airing on NBC Sports Network, effective immediately.

Stay tuned for more information regarding the new home for “3-Gun Nation” coming soon.

They are scum, no doubt. I was wondering when this would happen after NBC purchased the Outdoor network (or whatever it was called) I knew it was only time (so they are really despicable using the cover of this crime).

How does NBC and gun/hunting shows jive??? This was inevitable! Now Discovery is another thing, they own the Military channel (which they've ruined as it has nothing Military about it during prime time any more!).

I guess it's all reduced to reality shows????

010.gif

I read in another thread that Sons of Guns is currently filming for next season, starting in January, I think? :)

I was just starting to be a regular viewer of all the hunting/shooting shows on Outdoor Channel. I did NOT know it was owned by NBC. That really SUCKS if they're going to drop all those programs!

I think the real news will be if "Sons of Guns" is cancelled. American Guns sucked anyways, really disliked that show. If they pull down SOG then there is a problem, because they would be pulling down a very marketable show

The problem is SOG portrays American gun owners as a bunch of full auto firing maniacs who blow shit up with tannerite all the time. It seems every build is a select fire and ends up with a port-o-john blowing up on the range during testing. The ignorant people in this country think any privately owned Military style weapon is a machine gun because they watch shows like this.

• Like 3

Well I'm not saying SOG makes any positive contribution for us, but that it makes them money. If they pull down a show that makes them money it shows a willingness to lose money out of a want to push the agenda. Pulling American Guns (in my opinion of course) was destined to happen anyways, because it was such a garbage, unenjoyable, pile of uselessness