Been sitting on the fence for a S12 drum. Generally I prefer mags as they just seem more practical to me, but considering picking up a Promag 12 round nutsack with all the shit apparently coming down. Should I jump, or just buy another couple of 10 round mags?

Greed is an awesome thin isn't it? I just saw an Unconverted Saiga x39 for sale on armslist for $1200 and he was selling it with 2 30rnd mags, and posted a pic with the 30 round mag in the Unconverted NON-922r compliant rifle.

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 1

I dont have enough to sell, just a couple. But if I had more than a few, id sell. How many can I really use at a time? How many mags will I really ever need? Plus, I WANT more gun owners and enthusiasts, so if Mr n00b needs something and wants to pay well, why not? He'll pay it back to me by joining us and pressuring his own congressmen.

If these idiots get their price, it'll mean something REALLY bad just happened. Fortuantely there's enough sane people out there to where you can still find firearms for a fairly reasonable price.

If you don't already have the ammo though, you may be fucked.

Been sitting on the fence for a S12 drum. Generally I prefer mags as they just seem more practical to me, but considering picking up a Promag 12 round nutsack with all the shit apparently coming down. Should I jump, or just buy another couple of 10 round mags?

Get an MD-20 from CSS or Copes

And I am not selling anything yet, ya never know what is going to happen.

Edited by Dad2142Dad

I'm amazed at the people who CLAIM to support freedom, and then want to tar and feather other people for things that are just none of their damn business.

You think you have the right to look down on someone because something they OWN has gone up in value recently due to circumstances outside their control? You think they should sell to you for last month's price just because you want them to? You think it's "unfair" to ask a higher price?

Supply and demand doesn't work like that.

The demand has gone up, so the price has gone up.

I have some I'd sell if the price got ridiculously high. Call me greedy? As I recall, I bought these guns, and nobody else gets to decide how much I sell them for. A transaction is between the buyer and the seller. If the seller wants more than the buyer will pay, then the buyer simply walks away. And if the buyer is willing to pay, who's damn business is that?

I have some AR mags I ordered when I realized where this was going. I paid less than $7 each for them and I intend to sell them for more than that. Economics 101.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 5

If I didn't have two sons at these prices I might consider letting one of my S12s go. I will never sell a thing, unless I need it for their tuition.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=321910869 eyes_droped.gif

I remember the good ole days when you could get a converted one for that price....LOL

Edited by sccritterkiller

I'm amazed at the people who CLAIM to support freedom, and then want to tar and feather other people for things that are just none of their damn business.

You think you have the right to look down on someone because something they OWN has gone up in value recently due to circumstances outside their control? You think they should sell to you for last month's price just because you want them to? You think it's "unfair" to ask a higher price?

Supply and demand doesn't work like that.

The demand has gone up, so the price has gone up.

I have some I'd sell if the price got ridiculously high. Call me greedy? As I recall, I bought these guns, and nobody else gets to decide how much I sell them for. A transaction is between the buyer and the seller. If the seller wants more than the seller will pay, then the buyer simply walks away. And if the buyer is willing to pay, who's damn business is that?

I have some AR mags I ordered when I realized where this was going. I paid less than $7 each for them and I intend to sell them for more than that. Economics 101.

I'll give you 8 bucks a mag and I don't even own an AR. Yet.

Seems to me that whole supply and demand thing is a One-way excuse businessmen use to raise prices. They raise the price of ammo, because they are selling out, and yet when the demand dies down and the shelves are full again the price does NOT go down. I am all for someone trying to get a sucker to pay more than an item is worth and maximise profit, but when the gun shop down the road from me is still selling the same Saiga x39, New, for $329, I guess I am happy to not be that Sucker, but I still think the guy trying to sell one for $1200, with illegal Mags, is a complete ass.

But we all know about opinions.

edit: Getting mags for $7, that retail for $15 isn't greedy, that is smart business. You can instantly double your money @ a Fair market value.

Edited by RobRez

Seems to me that whole supply and demand thing is a One-way excuse businessmen use to raise prices. They raise the price of ammo, because they are selling out, and yet when the demand dies down and the shelves are full again the price does NOT go down. I am all for someone trying to get a sucker to pay more than an item is worth and maximise profit, but when the gun shop down the road from me is still selling the same Saiga x39, New, for $329, I guess I am happy to not be that Sucker, but I still think the guy trying to sell one for $1200, with illegal Mags, is a complete ass.

edit: Getting mags for $7, that retail for $15 isn't greedy, that is smart business. You can instantly double your money @ a Fair market value.

You're just not getting the concept of free enterprise. The owner sets the price. The buyer can buy or not. If supply comes back up and demand drops, the seller is under no obligation to lower the price. He still owns it. But he probably won't sell much if his prices are not competitive.

I laugh at people who overprice their crap and don't sell it. But I tip my hat to people who get top dollar for their crap.

What is ANYTHING worth? As much as somebody is willing to pay for it.

• Like 4

I agree, that is why I added the fact that they are still available at a "Normal" price. I am happy to be the educated consumer. If folks really believe that my S-x39 is now Worth $2500, in it's converted state, and my S-308 is worth even more, maybe I Will sell them and just go get new ones for cheap, and have the New guns for me.

Business is business, but we all know that that means "If it bends over, Fuck-it!!"

If I can get 4x the value of my gun, for no real reason but taking advantage of panicing suckers, it is perfectly legal, normal business. As I said, it is just my opinion that I think the fella jumping the gun with a price of $1200 is an ass, and I am also SURE that there are peoples opinions that I am an ass.

I seriously will consider selling some guns if the true market price/value is in those ranges. I would be happy with my lever action and pump gun and 6k in my pocket.

Doesn't change the fact that some folks are really just trying to screw the uneducated consumer.

You're just not getting the concept of free enterprise. The owner sets the price. The buyer can buy or not. If supply comes back up and demand drops, the seller is under no obligation to lower the price. He still owns it. But he probably won't sell much if his prices are not competitive.

I laugh at people who overprice their crap and don't sell it. But I tip my hat to people who get top dollar for their crap.

What is ANYTHING worth? As much as somebody is willing to pay for it.

The price is set by the buyer not the seller. Seller have the right to ask any price they want. Doesn't mean that greed is not an ingrediant in that. People can ask for and pay for things at what ever price eggs their panties wet.

Get an MD-20 from CSS or Copes

And I am not selling anything yet, ya never know what is going to happen.

Meh, broke down and bought another 45 rounder for my AK 74. Got it for a decent price after a 15 minute Google search.

This will be the extent of my "panic" buying!rolleyes.gif

• Like 1