If a ban happens take pics of your firearms with all accessories and s

Send multiple copies of pictures through the mail to yourself featuring your firearms, accessories, mags etc. Keep a few copies in your safe, at your relatives house, or wherever it is safe and they remain sealed. If a ban happens this can save you from getting harassed, or being brought up on charges of possessing illegal firearms, or accessories.

You could also probably send digital picture files to your own email which will be timestamped.

Edited by netstorm

Title of the thread is "if a ban happens" and if it did, the OP's suggestion is not a bad one. It's the same common practice as is recommended by any homeowner/renters insurance outfit - photograph or document the stuff you own so that you can prove you owned it if you have no receipts.

Not saying that I like the idea of having to do it, but I have zero receipts and no way to prove when/where I bought my firearms.

Burden of proof on prosecution? Remind me of the last time any three-letter agency bothered to have proof on their side before they seized someone's property. If your stuff is seized, the sad fact is that YOU will be proving your legitimate ownership of it, not them.

Burden of proof on prosecution? Remind me of the last time any three-letter agency bothered to have proof on their side before they seized someone's property. If your stuff is seized, the sad fact is that YOU will be proving your legitimate ownership of it, not them.

You got that right and when your collection is paraded before the media you will be portrayed as a white supremist, pedophilic, homophobic, right wing, religious (probably Christian) terrorist with a stockpiled illegal arsenal.

• Like 3

Remind me of a time they conceited to someone being able to prove ownership by showing home-made documents? Attempting to disprove my assertion by claiming another than cannot be demonstrated is pointless. I stand by basic principles of American law. If you no longer have faith in the tenants of the system, what makes you think some home-made proof of ownership isn't just going to get swept under the rug or otherwise be discounted?

I have pictures and descriptions of all my firearms along with scans of the receipts from when I bought them, but not for that purpose, mine are in case some dirtbag manages to get into my house and past my six dogs, cuts open my gun cabinet and makes off with the contents. I have a printed copy plus a saved one in my email so that I can access it in case they steal my computer and file cabinet as well.

You got that right and when your collection is paraded before the media you will be portrayed as a white supremist, pedophilic, homophobic, right wing, religious (probably Christian) terrorist with a stockpiled illegal arsenal.

But I am an ethnic, gay, liberal, atheist with a stock piled illegal arsenal, so I should be OK right? :)

I think the OP's idea is good. I already have pics scattered around. Kept all my receipts, too. However, many of my guns are inherited, and, therefore, have no paper trail. uh-oh...

Now, having said that, fffpatriot wins for best post in this thread.

While I'm giving out awards, Captain Hero wins for best avatar, ever!

I swear, sometimes I hate coming across his posts, because, I always end up having missing time.

Edited by John U.