What the #%$@@#

your dealer doesnt know what he is talking about.

remington bought the rights to sell BAIKAL guns, not the saiga line. the baikal guns are stamped "spartan" now by remington, and sent back out the door for twice what remington paid for them, and they dont do a damn thing to the guns.

the saigas are on thier way back into the country. they were supposed to be here october, but its delay after delay for some reason. they should be back on the market soon, the main importer will be Russian American Armory Corp.

I let my dealer know what was going on. He is going to contact EAA to see what they know. As it turns out his information came from Remington, apparently they did not give him the whole story. Who should we contact on this, EAA?

Vern,

EAA is no longer involved with the importation of Saigas. The new importer is RAAC. Follow this link and click on the contact button for more information.

http://www.raacfirearms.com/test/index.htm

There are two contacts on this forum for retail sales. Both are taking pre-orders for the S-12. Email TopGlock1 on this board or follow this link for a competitor's offerings:

http://fbmginc.com/rifles_%26_shotguns.htm

Wolverine

Just talked to my gun dealer, he tells me that the Saiga 12 is no longer made, because Remington bought out saiga and will no longer be making the guns. Where can I get a saiga 12, are they still made, and who imports them?

Hmmmm...let me guess. Did your dealer tell you the Saiga shotguns were no longer available and he would give you a "deal" on a Remington or Winchester instead?

RonSwin

There are two contacts on this forum for retail sales. Both are taking pre-orders for the S-12. Email TopGlock on this board or follow this link for a competitors offerings:

http://fbmginc.com/rifles_%26_shotguns.htm

Wolverine

I was going to post that link last week but thought I would let Pvt Pyle toot his own horn. But now that it's out check this out!

IZ-109 12ga shotgun

Synthetic stock, 19" bbl, LEAF SIGHT! :super: , scope rail, bolt stop, 5rd mag, and threaded choke.

:super: New in box $405

I have to wonder if the new leaf sights wil be attached to the trunion like on the EXP01(SWAT) or will they just be tacked onto the gas tube like the 12K "Tactics"model? Either way it will be a great improvement!

Also even though it is not listed in the ad, there must also be an elevated front sight to match. :smoke:

And after all that work I did to mine to get it like that! :ded:

Only models that are for the US are the regular sporter ones. RAA doenst even want to deal with LE models in the future.

"RAA doenst even want to deal with LE models in the future."

Is that directly from RAA?

RonSwin

Only models that are for the US are the regular sporter ones. RAA doenst even want to deal with LE models in the future.

"RAA doenst even want to deal with LE models in the future."

Is that directly from RAA?

It is correct that RAA is not bringing in the LEO version. But they did not give me the impression that it was not an option or future goal, only that the ATF squashed them on it right off the bat.. In fact just the opposite. That said, if they do get them Debbie said they would be stamped LEO/restricted and available only to dealers who sign an agreement saying they wont resell to civilians.

How it will really shake out, if it shakes out will be up for debate for some time. I for one hope they do bring them in. I already committed to them to buy a LOT of them. But look for conversions to a, more agressive version along the lines of what is pictured above.

I know they are not bringing in the models pictured for civilians. I was only referring to the sight system on these models. I don't care if they don't bring in the fancy stuff. I can do all those mods myself.

PvtPyle are the ones listed on your site (IZ 109) going to be imported in sporting configuration but with the leaf sights? All I care about is a decent set of sights for a change and I will do the rest.

Thanks guys, I should have everything in motion to get one when they get here. I will be shooting USPSA 3 gun with it so how about mods. Where do i find directions pictures etc. I like the 12K, but would there be a better version for tactical?

im pretty sure they wont allow the LEO guns in without the signing of the paperworks because of the last time they did it.....I know of not one of the LEO guns that went somewhere to be evaluated, but I havent checked throughly with that. I know for a fact that not many (IF any) were sold or transferred how they were intended to be. guys going around through loopholes piss off the government, in case you didnt know.

BUT, gun control is a violation of all of our constitutional rights, so what difference does it make anyway. An american made AKM type is better than any of the rest of them out there, so who really needs to import them like that? just part them out and do it HERE.....but Im sure youall figured that part out already, based on recent posts :)

Thanks guys, I should have everything in motion to get one when they get here. I will be shooting USPSA 3 gun with it so how about mods. Where do i find directions pictures etc. I like the 12K, but would there be a better version for tactical?

Are you currently shooting three gun and are up grading to a Saiga? Or are you just starting out in three gun? At any rate the Saiga is light years ahead of other shotguns IMO, inspite of the non-BHO situation. As far as competition tips we can help you out. Believe me I have tried about everything to speed reloads.

I've been shooting USPSA pistol for about 3 years now, two times per year my club has an informal 3 gun. In the past I've borrowed a shotgun from one of the other competitors. I am faairly sure that I want a saiga even though I have never shot one, the only thing I know for sure is that I don't want a Rem 1100. I have a WASR 10 which I shoot, and love it, the AK action just can't be beaten for reliability, and accuracy is acceptable for a combat sport. I have practiced mag changes on the AK and gotten pretty good at them, but any tips you could offer would be appreciated.