Attention Dunham's shoppers!

Ok, disclaimer first. I work for Dunham's and I love Saigas. Nuff said. I have been working with our gun buyer encouraging him to bring in Saigas from RAAC. It looks like it will happen if RAAC shows that they are a reliable importer and pricing is right. He is still considering what models we will carry. This is where you guys come in. If you want to see a particular model, please message me which one, how many you realistically want, and what store you shop at. This is NOT pre-ordering, just a market survey of sorts. It will help me get the buyer to bring in the guns we have been waiting and wishing for, like the 12ga's and .308's. I will collect the info until November 10 then I will make a pitch to our buyer.

Falcon73

Edit: Possible Saiga models can be seen here (nice find fixerbob)

Edited by Falcon73

Falcon 73,

Thanks for your interest and assistance in trying to get the new Saigas into the Dunhams stores. It is appreciated. I have purchased six Saigas from Dunhams and am not done yet.

I live in Grand Rapids Michigan and the two stores here report past strong sales of the models carried which to my knowledge included .223, 7.62, .410 and the 20 gauge. S-12's were available on a special order basis.

There are a few .410's left in the system but everything else is pretty well gone.

As far as future interest I plan to buy a threaded S-20 and two S-12's with threading and BHO features.

I am convinced Dunhams will have no problem selling any of the above models and the .308's if stocked and pricing is reasonable comparable to the past although we all expect an increase based on first reports from other distributor/dealers that have provided information to the forum members.

Dunhams could move alot of magazines too if the price were more comparable to other competitive sources. My experience is Dunhams mag pricing is much too high when compared with other sources of original Russian factory magazines.

Good luck and I hope you are successful.

Wolverine

:smoke:

Another Michiganderer here. I snagged 6 of 'em up in the last year or so. I got another in lay-away. The 12's and 20's are a must. (with BHO & threaded barrels) If they do those, might as well do the 410's as well. The .308, .223 & 7.62 are all as must.

Mags, choke tubes & other accessories (at decent prices) are wanted. The 223, 762 & 20 gauge mags are $38 - $40. Why buy for that price when they can be had elsewhere for about 1/2 of that?

I myself am wanting 2 S-12's first. I can speak of 2 other individuals who are in the market for them as well.

Locations...I've bought from Midland, Saginaw, Bay City, Flint & Burton. I bought the last ones they had Saginaw & Burton. Midland found another 7.62 - thought I had them cleaned out!! Aside from Saigas, I've bought many long guns from you guys - always good deals. o.k., I'm done sucking up...

Thanks Falcon73 - keep us posted!

:smoke:

Edited by dinzag
I'd be looking for a Saiga 100 in 30-06 when funds permit. I used to shop in North Hills Village when there was a Dunham's there, nowadays I'd either be at Waterworks Mall or Monroeville, all in the Pittsburgh Area.

Monroeville mall PA

George romero's Dawn of the Dead 1974 was filmed there I think!

I got my 7.62 at the Dunhams on Carlisle Pike in Carlisle PA (near Harrisburg) I also look over the inventory at the Dunhams in Harrisburg and the new store on the other end of Carlisle. I would very much like to see all of the new Saigas in thier inventory, but I want a 12 or 20 the most. There is much interest in the Saiga in this area.

BTW I asked the northeast regional manager of Dunhams about restocking the Saiga if it were to be reinported, and his reply was that Century Arms would most likely raise thier special prices or threaten to pull out on Dunhams if they received stock from RAAC. He told me that Dunhams and Century have a deal together, and inporting the Saiga from anyone else but them would be a deal breaker.

I dunno anything about it, just what I heard. I was at the Carlisle Pike store buying an old Swiss Mil. Surp. rifle and he was shooting the shit with the counter guys there. I thought it was a good oppertunity to mention RAAC. I hope he's wrong :cryss:

First we need a Dunhams here in Maryland. All of our Saiga's have been purchased through transfer to a local FFL. By the way, in District Heights Md. , inside the beltway, in the heart of anti-gun land is REALCO GUNS. If you are ever nearby stop in to see Carlos, he has been there many years, and mainly keeps the store at that location just to piss them off!

G O B

BTW I asked the northeast regional manager of Dunhams about restocking the Saiga if it were to be reinported, and his reply was that Century Arms would most likely raise thier special prices or threaten to pull out on Dunhams if they received stock from RAAC. He told me that Dunhams and Century have a deal together, and inporting the Saiga from anyone else but them would be a deal breaker.

I dunno anything about it, just what I heard. I was at the Carlisle Pike store buying an old Swiss Mil. Surp. rifle and he was shooting the shit with the counter guys there. I thought it was a good oppertunity to mention RAAC. I hope he's wrong :cryss:

Don't sweat it. That guy is definetely wrong. In fact it sounds like pure speculation to me. I won't go into details about who Dunhams buys from, but we do work with many importers other than Century and will continue to do so. We dealt with Century at the same time we handled Saigas from EAA before. We will have Saigas from RAAC as long as our buyer sees what he wants from RAAC. Keep the wishlists coming so I can get us what we want!

Are Dunham's only in the North East? Any in the South East? NC, VA, SC, TN?

Locations of Dunham's stores can be found here. I'm afraid we have no stores in the south east. West Virginia is as close as we get at this point.

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Nov 2 2005, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First we need a Dunhams here in Maryland.

Good news for you! We have one in Maryland.

1313 National Highway

LaVale, MD 21502

(301) 729-4343

I know Maryland has horrible firearm restrictions so I'm not certain what that store carries. If they are legal to sell in Maryland then it's likely you will be able to get one there when (if) we get them. Even if that store doesn't stock them they can ask to have one shipped to them for a customer's request, as long as it is stocked somewhere in Dunham's. When the time comes just ask their manager about it, or message me and I'll see what I can arrange for you.

You can have some S-12, .308's, 7.62's, .223's and Siaga 100's (.30-06) along with a bunch of spare magazines for each sent to the SW Michigan area (Kalamazoo, Battle Creek) too.

If they stay in the same price range as they use to be, I'll be more than happy to add more to my inventory.

Edited by ProgCoder
You can have some S-12, .308's, 7.62's, .223's and Siaga 100's (.30-06) along with a bunch of spare magazines for each sent to the SW Michigan area (Kalamazoo, Battle Creek) too.

If they stay in the same price range as they use to be, I'll be more than happy to add more to my inventory.

They will definetly be more expensive than before for the models we actually stocked. Prices on Saigas have gone up across the board with the new importer. However I can promise you the pricing will be VERY competitive, or else we won't bother to carry them.

the Dunhams in Maryland is in western maryland. i went there once (a 90min drive) because i was told they sell handguns but they dont. and since they don't have a handgun liscense they can't sell "assult rifles" which is in the same catagory as handguns in maryland. and in the great state of maryland the saiga is considered an "assult rifle." so the Dunhams is no help to us saiga lovers in the "freestate." :lolol:

keith

the Dunhams in Maryland is in western maryland. i went there once (a 90min drive) because i was told they sell handguns but they dont. and since they don't have a handgun liscense they can't sell "assult rifles" which is in the same catagory as handguns in maryland. and in the great state of maryland the saiga is considered an "assult rifle." so the Dunhams is no help to us saiga lovers in the "freestate." :lolol:

keith

The ones in Michigan carry AR's, WASR's and G3's & Cetme's - must suck to live in MD. :cryss:

Damn dude, that sucks!

Our Dunhams here in Pennsylvania has just about everything "evil" that Century inports. Tommy gun, ARs, VEPR and CETME wannabe's, Wasr 10 in about 4 configurations including Tapco folder. Even the Highpoint carbine...lol. Not to mention an entire display case of vintage firearms, like the Yugo SKS, KAR 98Mausers, Swiss K-31, .303 Brits, M1, Mosin Nagent.....etc.

This state by state AWB needs to lighten the f%*k up! There are nothing wrong with semi-autos. I wish everyone could have as much fun as the people who live in normal states. The AWB was BS to begin with. I wish they all would just let it drop already!

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Nov 3 2005, 05:48 PM)
<!--quotec-->

Good news that we have a Dunham's here in Md. (it is about a 2 hour drive for me.)

Bad news that they don't have a 'listed' weapons permit (pistols, saiga's -anything fun).

G O B

Man that really stinks. You know, I understand the sovereignty of each of the individual States but I am baffled how States can legislate or otherwise mandate greater firearms restrictions than those imposed by the Feds since the ownership of firearms is a Consitutional rights issue. You would think the "integrity" of the government's stance on the right to regulate firearms would be greatly compromised by the fractured and inconsistency among the States. How can the States have a variety of firearms laws restricting citizens Constitutional rights or the Federal government enact laws or impose regulation without a legal challenge that would eventually end up at the Supreme Court's door? Is there some Supreme Court decision that affirms the right of Feds and States to individually define the meaning , intent and application of the Second Amendment? If not, why hasn't the organized gun lobbying groups brought litigation with the intent of having the Supremes interpret the Second Amendment?

I can tell you if any of the States had laws that violated other civil rights, the feds would step in telling the states that federal law supercedes state law and that civil rights must be consistent throughout all the States and in accordance with and arising out of the US Constitution. So what is the impediment to the multiple lobbies and firearms manufacturers and sellers from spearheading such a legal case and driving it home?

W. :smoke:

So far I've got:

Grand Rapids, MI

1 threaded S20, 2 threaded S12 w/ bho

Monroeville, PA

1 S100 .30-06

Thumb area, MI

4 S12s, mags, chokes, etc.

Carlisle, PA

1 S12 or S20

Wasau, WI

1 S12

Battle Creek, MI

1 .223, 1 x39, 1 .308, 1 .30-06 S100, 1 S12, spare mags

I will just assume we all want spare mags and chokes for anything stocked.

I want to be able to show a lot more demand than this guys, so keep the requests coming!

Add a 7.62x39 to the Carlisle store for the kid that works the counter there. He saw mine at the range and wants one bad now. He had no idea that they could be converted with standard AK parts. He may want another one in .308 and his father has already shown interest in the S-12 and 20 converted.

Add a .223 to the Harrisburg store for a guy I work with. He had to sell his ARs in a divorce and wants another varmint/target gun in the same round for less $$ than an Armalite or Bushmaster. He peeked in on our little forum here and saw a converted .223 on Gunsnet and fell in love!

Add another .308 to the Harrisburg store (possibly a 30.06) For a friend of mine who loves a powerful plinker. He currently owns a Taurus .44 mag, a 300 Win mag, a Ruger .45 compact and a 30.40 Krag He wont be interested in converting it, just the bang.

Add a .410 to the Carlisle store for my wife, because I just realised that she probably wont even try to fire my S-12/20. She thinks that she may want to attempt small game hunting in the near future.

Thats all of the definates I can think of right now. Our rifle/deer season is only two weeks at the end of Nov. And you cannot hunt with a semi. You can however hunt small game, waterfowl, varmints and turkey with a semi. I dont hunt, (yet) so paper targets are ALWAYS in season. PA is full of pro gunners who like military, home defence and target firearms. So the Saiga will be instantly popular as long as it bears the same quality and pricing that we loved about it the first time around. They did not stay on the shelves long around here.

I can tell you this much, i can keep the Altoona, Pa store busy with all the people who love my S-12 and 7.62x39 to death, so tack on at least one of each for there

hey gob come on up north of the mason dixon i'll swap some local anti gunners for ya to take your spot in the "freestate"

my dad just got a wasr-10 at the dunhams in bridgeville,pa and said hed never buy a gun there again, it took 2 hours and there was only one other guy buying at the time, the guy made him fill out the form again cause he didnt spell out the city all the way(he wrote wash, not washington, wasnt allowed to correct it even tho there was space, when his cell phone rang the guy yelled at him before he answered if he mentioned a gun he wasnt allowed to buy one anymore, i mean the service was horrid, but the price was good. i mean service ppl are supposed to be nice, this guy acted like he was antigun and was looking for a reason to not sell to my dad.then he MADE my dad let him show him how the gun was to be taken apart and cleaned even tho he told him 10 times he knew how,but then he couldnt even put it back together and just threw the parts in the box, anyone from pa knows that buying a gun should take no more than 30 min in a dead store, a hour most since there was another buyer

Edited by shotgun_lobotomy

As for filling out the forms & spelling out the words, you can fix it and initial. I've done...lets see...more than 9 this year and I always mess something up. Over 5 Dunham's, and a couple Gander locations - I do it every time. I've never had a problem. I have run into a couple real dumbasses there although you get that everywhere. :smoke:

I'm very sorry about your Dad's experience SL. I will notify upper management of the poor service he was given. There are many excellent firearm salespeople in the company, but like any big barrel there are a few bad apples. If you have the salesperson's name (should be on the Safety Notice) please send it to me off forum (email or message). Also please send me your Dad's name and contact info and I will see if something can be done for him. Be aware that I have no authority over that store, but I will make your case heard.

Falcon73