I broke down and did it. I'm not on a smart phone...doh!

I upgraded to a droid razr m. They finally sucked me in. Im trying to surf the forums on my phone and its tiny tiny! I can hardly read anything. Must less tap the topics.

is there anyway to set up a more compatible view? Ill figured it out eventually im sure. but I figured id see who else might be running one of these things.

Go back to the store and get some help from one of the twenty something techno wiz kids.

I'm getting used to it. I just have to zoom in when it loads. going in the store is what got me in this mess to start with. Lol now I'm having to get used to typing on this tiny keypad.

Edited by Chevyman097

The thing that drives me nuts is the damned auto spell. Changes words it doesn't recognize to something not even in the same universe of vocabulary. It obviously doesn't do well with redneck language or swear words even though I saved all the one I routinely identify with. I hate technology when it doesn't work.

• Like 2
You can make everything bigger if you get a smart phone.

Lol, Ya way past you on that one. Its a lot smarter than those silly iphones.

I figured it out anyways. I dont think saiga forums is compatible with the operating system because some other sites work in the mobile version but not others. Just working with it at the moment.

BTW the title was supposed to be "now" on a smart phone. Silly typos, was still learning the auto add shit.

Edited by Chevyman097

okay. Having a RAZR Maxx, I can give you some guidance.

Pinch to zoom gestures. Try this first. Put 2 fingers on the screen (together) and move them apart in an "unpinching" fashion to zoom in.

Download a different browser like Chrome or Firefox. From Firefox you can change the default text size, but unfortunately the S-12 forums font is still super fine and hard to see, so the pinch to zoom becomes your friend.

• Like 1

I use an Env touch because it is almost a smart phone but doesn't require a full data plan. Does most everything a smartphone will do, but not so many applications.

to the guy with an env3: go on ebay and pick up an env touch with a clean ERN for ~$20. Verizon will transfer your stuff over for fee. There is a data plan for $15 that gives you full unlimited text/pix 75 megs of internets and the fake gps. you end up with about 80% of a smart phone for around $50 a month and can cancel the data portion if funds get tight.

The general rule is that once you go smartphone contract you are stuck with a data plan at minimum.

Non smart has the option, but not requirement. Also they tell you that you are locked in, but you can log into your phone co's website and uncheck options within a tier to get what you want without penalty as long as you stay within the same big plan category.

I've got a droid razor M and use chrome to surf, if the print is too small, try double tapping the screen, it makes mine where I can read most things. My data plan is only 1gig, but since I'm most time near the shop wifi or home wifi, I don't hardly use any of it. So far I like the phone pretty much, it takes some getting use to.