How reliable are 5 round mags

Thanks, I just placed an order.

I really wish I would have bought the factory 5 rounders when they were under $5 each last year.

Dolomite

When were factory 5rounders under $5 last year. I know the keepshooting mags used to go on sale for $7-8.

I doubt it. They've been making the 5 rounders for years. If they intended to do an 8, they could have years ago.

I think part of the issue is that they are made in Taiwan. As such they count against you for 922r.

I doubt it. They've been making the 5 rounders for years. If they intended to do an 8, they could have years ago.

I think part of the issue is that they are made in Taiwan. As such they count against you for 922r.

They did say something I think last year or the year before on the 8. I can't remember the info anymore. But I seen then went with ProMag for high capacity now.

addendum.

I have come to the conclusion that I prefer the one piece mags to the mags with steel lips. I have had fumbles with both OEM and KOS mags because the lower corner of the steel feed lip can snag on the receiver while slapping the mag out in fast reloads. I never have this happen with SGM mags. On a couple occasions I have had to wiggle a mag forward to make it release properly. Lame.

The square corner on the OEM mag's feed lip is also more picky about faring in on insertion than the more rounded corners on SGM. A bit of filing improves this slightly. Same applies to KOS

I have had the steel feed lips pop off and dump out the guts of the mag when dropped on several times with OEM but not KOS.