Another Quick 922r Part Question

So I was reading on the Tromix website, and it states," Gun must be 922r compliant in order to legally use this part with a non-fixed stock." So does this mean I can get a Galil Style stock from Carolina Shooter Supply and get a side folding mechanism and have it legal? Or is that still illegal?

I think we need more specific information. What exact part? Example....use of a aftermarket high cap mag, (more than 5 rds) on a stock non compliant 922r Saiga 12 with a threaded barrel MAY be in violation. You need more 922r parts to legally run the aftermarket hi cap mag. HB of CJ

This is what I dont get, You can buy the 1919 legal, you can buy the 10 round mag legal, but when you put the 2 together = illegal

I say BULLSHIT. If I can buy the 2 legal then I can use the 2 legal. I said it before and I'll say it again.....SCARE TACTICS.

Problem is Your(WE) aren't as "SMART" as the ones makin the lawswacko.png We just don't understandhomer.gif

Are there some other similar laws ? ? ?

http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildMKA1919VerifyCompliance

Hey found this site with a Checklist for 922® compliance on MKA 1919 builds.

Just check the boxs with your USA manufactured parts and it tells you if yout 922® compliant.

If it is accurate I am 922r compliant and was not aware.

1. Tromix trigger

2. Tromix disconnector

3. Tooth and Nail forearm, handguard

4. Tooth and Nail operating rods (cocking handle)

• Like 1

i thought if you cut off the stock and replace it with a USA made stock that counts as one also. same with the grip.

EDIT: nevermind, i just realized that it cancels itself out because it wasnt counted before.

Edited by Haycock

Wiki Answers states as follows:

Question - What is an Operating rod in a gun?

Answer - A mechanical device used to open/close a part of the firearm.

Does not mean they are correct though.

If the charge handle does not qualify as a operating rod I'm curious what part of the firearm does.

Not curious enough to contact the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms cowboys though.

They have friends with bigger guns than me.022.gif

thats about the least detailed definiation i could imagine (gota love wiki, or more so the people that answer the questions)

The " charging handle " can/could be connected to an oprod but it itself is not an oprod

The Scamatic for the 1919 shows the "oprod" as the rod most people refer to as a guide rod as the drive block rides on.

two interesting point to this ... with the T&N forend it uses the factory part .... on the FBP forend it used a US made part however FBP has been advised by ATF that it doesn not count as a compliance part..... which by wiki defination isnt the oproad as it doesnt move at all.

To add a little more confusion the best think to be described as an oprod on the 1919 (not every gun has one by the way) would be the action bar assembly that the 1919 owners manual calls the bolt carrier

so if you ask me .... there is no "oprod" to replace on the 1919

Edited by pizzim

That made my brain hurt.

A.T.F. Absolute, Total, Fuc, well you can complete as you see fit.

A legal world is a complex world.

pizzim, thanks for your input. I should have known the 922R stuff would not be so simple.

The trigger and disconnector still counts right? Seems no one has a fight with Tromix.

Gas plug? OMG what is that?

What happened to the days when you could just slap a I hate commies sticker on anything and that would make it ok?

I'm beginning to understand why old people die and I'm not liking it.

i think hes refering to the gas piston

4. Tooth and Nail operating rods (cocking handle)

I asked the question before about if the new guide rod that comes with a charge handle equipped forend is considered a 922® part in itself and was told no. This did not make any sense to me as the part the new guide rod replaces is called by Akdal an "operating rod."

Of course, all this 922® compliance is fairly moot. As I said before, if you've got the ATF tearing your firearms apart looking for foreign made parts, or not enough US parts... you're in a world of hurt far worse than a hacked-off butt stock and an oversized magazine.

/M