9mm $125. 500rd? 250rd? 100rd? Nope. 20rd.

Yes, the box is a collectors item, you're paying $100.00+ for the box itself, screw the ammo.

Back in the day of all the Cop-Killer ammo government & media bullshit hyping of it, Winchester was forced to remove it from the market.

Winchester simply renamed and repackaged it as Winchester Ranger SXT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon

Edited by ChileRelleno

Saw the same at a gunshow last month for same price. This has not been manufactured since the 90's. This IS the evil, heat seeking,armor piercing, explosive. incendiary. homing. shoot a man in the pinky and it sawblades up to his heart ammo. haha.gif worth every penny. Just ask any liberal.

There are laws on the books concerning price gouging and profiteering.

With this disclaimer, at the bottom of his page,:

"* The picture is representative of the item listed.
It may not match the exact item that you are looking at.
Please make sure to read the description of the individual item."

He could ship you Winchester Ranger SXT and be in the clear.

Caveat Emptor

I suggest a boycott on Alamo Ammo.

Edited by patriot

If somebody is dumb enough to pay it, I say good for able ammo.

Price gouging for food, water, fuel, blankets, etc during a disaster is one thing.

Charging higher prices when demand is higher (not during an emergency or disaster) is just the free market at work. If you believe in freedom, if you don't want somebody else telling you you have to sell YOUR crap for a price THEY decide, then you shouldn't wish for laws telling other people what they can charge for their stuff.

Right now it's retarded what ammo is selling for, but this is the fault of those PAYING it. Eventually the retards that are paying over a buck a round for 223 will get "enough" ammo and prices will fall.

If you don't want to do business with a company that raises prices, that's your prerogative. That's how the free market works.

• Like 3

After the Ranger SXT rounds came out, I went ahead and shot up my evil, nasty Black Talons. I couldn't have them corrupting all my other ammo. and turning it against me! ohmy.png

I'll have to rummage around a bit... I might still have some .357's and maybe one or two others left. I should dig 'em out and put them up for sale on GunJoker for $300! biggrin.png

Edited by Ronin38
After the Ranger SXT rounds came out, I went ahead and shot up my evil, nasty Black Talons. I couldn't have them corrupting all my other ammo. and turning it against me! ohmy.png

I'll have to rummage around a bit... I might still have some .357's and maybe one or two others left. I should dig 'em out and put them up for sale on GunJoker for $300! biggrin.png

Hell I wish I had a few cases. haha.gif

I recently paid $45 a brick for Aquila SuperMax. I'm almost ashamed to admit that. But over $200 for a brick? That dude really should be ashamed. If anybody pays that they should be bitch-slapped.

What it's going to take is people just not buying it.

LMMFAO at $225.00/$0.428 per rd... And I though the suckers coughing up $0.30+ for CCI were insane.

I bet he didn't sell any of it, hell, he may not have wanted to.

I just paid $170.80 (shipped) for 2000 rds of CCI Mini Mag 36gr CPHP.

Much better stuff than the 525 bulk.

I think a lot of this would be much different if it had not happened at tax time. People get that refund and think they are rich, then cough up way more than they would have normally.

Too bad Alamo Ammo doesn't have a flag button or I'd put the hurt on embad_egg.gifhaha.gif

I've still got 2 boxes of those in .45 ACP. One box is in mags, though. I'd have to charge you an extra $150 per on the USGI 7 rounders. haha.gif

I saw the thread on the $250 .22LR and thought, "He needs to be beat over the head with those bricks. My local farm/fleet store had Federal Champion for $17.99 per 525 just last month. Pity I bought the last 5 bricks they had."

Here at the current Gun Show in San Antonio a gouger/dealer is attempting to sell 525 bulk boxes of .22lr for $225 a box.

No wonder my little .22 that is in for warranty work in Eagle Pass, TX can't be test fired and returned due to an ammo shortage - they can't affor to buy any.

Here at the current Gun Show in San Antonio a gouger/dealer is attempting to sell 525 bulk boxes of .22lr for $225 a box.

No wonder my little .22 that is in for warranty work in Eagle Pass, TX can't be test fired and returned due to an ammo shortage - they can't affor to buy any.

Now that is a bullshit excuse, they just aren't willing to look for it.

A brick of 100, 333, 500, 525 or 555, would test fire a shitload of .22 firearms.

I've still got 2 boxes of those in .45 ACP. One box is in mags, though. I'd have to charge you an extra $150 per on the USGI 7 rounders. haha.gif

I saw the thread on the $250 .22LR and thought, "He needs to be beat over the head with those bricks. My local farm/fleet store had Federal Champion for $17.99 per 525 just last month. Pity I bought the last 5 bricks they had."

He was selling another box of ammo to some guy. I made the loud comment " Look 525 rounds of bulk .22 for $225 ??!!! What a ripoff. With the governement trying to screw us over on the 2nd Amendment, and now we these gouging scumbags taking adavntage of it. " .

$6.25 per rd?! When you try to rob people, isn't it customary to load the bullets INTO a gun and point it at them?

They aren't trying to rob anyone, they're simply looking for someone willing to pay the ridiculous price.

Going price on Gunjoker is cheaper than they're.

With the governement trying to screw us over on the 2nd Amendment, and now we these gouging scumbags taking adavntage of it. " .

These people are not gouging on anything, it is simply Supply & Demand, one of the cores of Capitalism.

A fool and their money are soon parted... Caveat emptor.

Maybe he doesn't actually want to sell it, but he figures if he can get this outrageous price then "Fuck it, SOLD!"

Whatever, he can put any price he wants to on it, and the customer decides if they want to pay it.

I'm sick of hearing this price gouging shit.

I can find ammo, mags and accessories for pretty good prices, but I'm not desperate, and I'm niggardly with my money, patient and like to shop.

• Like 1

At the last gun show, the cheapest bulk box of .22LR was selling for $55 - a few more boxes were listed at $60-75.

I brought my last five, 550-round boxes of Federal HP, and put them on the table at $40 each - they flew off the table. When .22 is available again, I'll have turned those five boxes of ammo into eight or ten.

People who are willing to pay those sorts of prices for ammo are paying for the convenience of having it NOW. Nobody has suggested .22LR, or for that matter any other sort of ammunition is going to be banned - this shortage is temporary. I'm entirely confident I can replace all of that ammo later. I sold all my Federal, but I still have plenty of Winchester, remington golden bullet, and various CCI and Aguila stuff - enough so that I can keep shooting and not worry about it.

• Like 1
With the governement trying to screw us over on the 2nd Amendment, and now we these gouging scumbags taking adavntage of it. " .

These people are not gouging on anything, it is simply Supply & Demand, one of the cores of Capitalism.

A fool and their money are soon parted... Caveat emptor.

Maybe he doesn't actually want to sell it, but he figures if he can get this outrageous price then "Fuck it, SOLD!"

Whatever, he can put any price he wants to on it, and the customer decides if they want to pay it.

I'm sick of hearing this price gouging shit.

I can find ammo, mags and accessories for pretty good prices, but I'm not desperate, and I'm niggardly with my money, patient and like to shop.

I stand by my statement... " Gouging scumbags. ". Many places have marginally increased their prices ( Walmart & Academy for instance ) due to supply and demand. Knowing they will alienate customers and their future business.

People who are willing to pay those sorts of prices for ammo are paying for the convenience of having it NOW.

Nobody has suggested .22LR, or for that matter any other sort of ammunition is going to be banned - this shortage is temporary.

I'm entirely confident I can replace all of that ammo later.

I sold all my Federal, but I still have plenty of Winchester, remington golden bullet, and various CCI and Aguila stuff - enough so that I can keep shooting and not worry about it.

This.

And, the .22lr can still be found for reasonable prices, ya just have to be there and be fast.