Ahem,

We don't all suck in the North. If PA could figure out how to give Philly to Jersey then maaaybe politically things could be different. I know plently of guys that I'm thinking would be welcomed "down south"

• Like 2

the north is not all bad........ The only reason Obama won PA is because of philly. I mean after all we are the 20th best state for gun owners to live which is not all bad. I wish I could live down south but my job is keeping me here for now. Maybe one day. Also we are one state thatis going to refuse to enforce any federal gun restrictions. What is so bad about that ??

• Like 1
They are called locusts and they are leaving the north and invading the south. Leaving the Gimmies behind.

On the West coast it is the other way 'round. Southerners from Cali take their money up here to retire in an affordable state and then move to cities and start voting to make it like the places they left.

We have the same thing here.....but it's folks from from the northeast....What kills me is they love how it is soo much cheaper to live here and then in the same breath start bitching because it's not like "home".......I just tell the road that brought them here goes both ways...you don't like it take your ass back to the communist state you came from... That can't figure out why it's some much cheaper...

Yeah it's weird.....this place is full of people coming from NYC, however many cannot make it on the wages they say, and marvel at how much less everything costs, then go back for a union job and the whole cost of living thing up there. It's the damdest thing.....

All I can say is if y'all kept the Clintons in the south where they came from and belong, that would at least be a few less fucked up liberal POSs in NY. They brought some shitty ideals with them.

• Like 1
the north is not all bad........ The only reason Obama won PA is because of philly. I mean after all we are the 20th best state for gun owners to live which is not all bad. I wish I could live down south but my job is keeping me here for now. Maybe one day. Also we are one state thatis going to refuse to enforce any federal gun restrictions. What is so bad about that ??

I agree. But I have to throw Pittsburgh under the Obama bus too. You can definately see the bedroom community influence on the Southeast side of the state though. The NY/NJ commuters who enjoy the perks of PA living and the wages from the city. But yeah, Philly and the surrounding area were pretty good to him. Definately an 'Urban vs. Rural' outcome. The population centers carried it.

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/results/president/pennsylvania/

• Like 1

I had several years in Florida and even tried Texas. Both were great places to live and work but the Adirondacks are home for me, I'll be buried here. This war on rights is a national battle, and states like NY are the front lines. I don't care how hard it gets, I'm not budging. Gotta hold the line at whatever cost cause if we don't that line will push across the entire country and everything will be lost. Send all the hate you want but it won't help any, send reinforcements and support instead and help US win OUR fight.

• Like 2
All I can say is if y'all kept the Clintons in the south where they came from and belong, that would at least be a few less fucked up liberal POSs in NY. They brought some shitty ideals with them.

Ya didnt have to vote for the prick...

And we did warn yall.

The little hick town I live in has a test you take before you can buy property.

It’s all race, age, and gender neutral so completely fair and unbiased. If you can read and write in plain and simple English do some simple math problems, you fail.

We don’t need no new smart asses in this town.

The way you get in is to look at the test and say “you folks really want to do this crap or go drink some beer? I’m buying.”

Welcome to our southern hick town.

I'm just amazed that the OP would hate on other states I mean everyone on this forum is here because we like guns. Why hate because of where other people live?

I am the OP and nowhere did I hate on anyone on here. My question was a genuine one, and was a simple and complex one. How, in but a couple generations, could people go from freedom fighters of a cause to government dependent? This is not a question of state, per se, but more of how the majority of the population of a place like Boston, Mass could go form the forefront of American liberty to voluntary servitude of an oppressive government. The same thing the people of that once great area died to stop.

What good did the revolutionary war do when the things they fought to stop are the same things we as a society are inviting into their lives now. I do have an issue with the north east, but it is because much like California the people and by extension the legislators (Bloomburg/Cuommo are perfect examples) feel that not only do they know what is best for their people, but for all people and anyone who doesn't agree is uneducated or wrong. If everyone in NY wants to limit sodas to 4oz servings, then so be it. Apparently that is not the case because a Judge already shot it down, but Bloomburg Billions knows more than a federal judge. I also commended Pennsylvania as a state, but dismissed Philly from it, because they have managed to keep normalcy and candor about themselves even amid the insanity that surrounds them. Connecticut has gone completely off the deep end. A state with the richest gun manufacturing history in our country is now running the manufacturers off. Newtown was a horrible setting to be sure, but if we react and over react to every tragedy that occurred in such a was the commute to work would be inside bubbles and all cars would be scrap metal.

Ya didnt have to vote for the prick...

And we did warn yall.

I think Y'ALL voted for him just to get them outta y'alls spot!

They are called locusts and they are leaving the north and invading the south. Leaving the Gimmies behind.

On the West coast it is the other way 'round. Southerners from Cali take their money up here to retire in an affordable state and then move to cities and start voting to make it like the places they left.

The tech boom was the worst thing to happen to PNW politics. It brought in a sudden boom of people from more liberal areas of the country, along with lots of political money, and connections to the California economy and tech industry. It shifted the politics of Washington and Oregon dramatically to the left, within a short window of 20 years or so. Washington has changed dramatically from when I was a kid, and I'm only 29. The only thing that has kept these two states from turning into California is the smaller urban populations, and the balance of the conservative east sides of both states. Otherwise, we would've already been turned into Bay Area North.

I don't even really consider myself a hardcore conservative, but a lot of the transplants up from California are just so cookie-cutter liberal that it disgusts me. If you see a European-made car with a variety of cliche liberal bumper stickers covering the back of it in either Oregon or Washington, there's a good chance you'll find a "CAL" sticker or license plate cover on there somewhere. Go back to your shitty shit-hole that those politics built.

Edited by mancat

Southern boys are the closest knit people that I have ever had the good grace to live among. They are tight in a way that the Northern (yankees) will never be. I lived down there for 12 years. Even the Mexicans had their familia. I hung out with more blacks and mexicans than I did with white boys, but you could feel it in the air, the water, whatever. There is a kinship down south. Nothing that you will ever experience in the north. You might have friendship up north, but you will have kinship, down south. it is intangible - but it exists. JMHO.

• Like 1
Southern boys are the closest knit people that I have ever had the good grace to live among. They are tight in a way that the Northern (yankees) will never be. I lived down there for 12 years. Even the Mexicans had their familia. I hung out with more blacks and mexicans than I did with white boys, but you could feel it in the air, the water, whatever. There is a kinship down south. Nothing that you will ever experience in the north. You might have friendship up north, but you will have kinship, down south. it is intangible - but it exists. JMHO.

I have to agree with this. Hillbillies are good people, whether you like them or not. Proud to be one.

I have to agree with this. Hillbillies are good people, whether you like them or not. Proud to be one.

My Mother was a Hatfield.

• Like 1

Ya didnt have to vote for the prick CUNT...

And we did warn yall.

Fixed it for ya....

Hell...she warned yall, remember hillery care? I'll be damned if you didn't suck that tit anyway, and her evil fuken husband is the very one that pushed the last AWB. Y'all knew all about them and did it anyway, talk about fuken crazy.