US Secretly Deploys B-1 Strategic Bombers, E-6 "Doomsday" Plan

I live a couple miles from Dyess AFB and the B1's have been very active as of late. Afterburners on after liftoff over residential areas. Not usual MO.

The white 747 (E-4B NAOC) sits @ the end of the runway all the time.

I worked at Dyess AFB 82-86 and worked the B-1 program. Used to go Fort Phantom Lake in the summer or Possum Kingdom Lake. Miss Texas especially these days....

Yeah they'res a lot of similar activity here too, afterburnners coming out of NOB, then heading northeast, LARGE plain white wrappers in and out much more than usual also. Just an overall general increase of air traffic of all types here. But yeah... the afterburnners over the house at dinner time is always a very cool attraction tinfoilhat.gif

Seriously, if I looked like Kim, I'd have a hard time being butch enough for anyone to believe me!

Hell, he probably can't even get laid at gunpoint.

We need someone to make Team America II.

• Like 1

I really LOVE how in the article they show a Navy E-6 and yet they say it is an Air Force E-6. I also love how they say it is a "Doomsday" aircraft. What kinda bullshit is that?

The E-6 is primarily used to talk to our submarines and conduct surface warfare. Yeah sure, it can double a secondary command center, but the manor in which this article describes them is misleading. We have them all over the world all the time, just like any other large military aircraft. It doesn't mean shit.

It is clear the author looked to the all mighty Wikipedia for information about this aircraft, and is trying to accomplish an agenda.

Do I think we are increases our military presence because we take the NK threats seriously? Absolutely. However, just like how the news organizations on TV are trying to push the agenda of making everything seem peachy-keen, there are assholes who try to scare the shit out of everyone... The truth lies in between.

• Like 1

SOCOM,

I really LOVE how in the article they show a Navy E-6 and yet they say it is an Air Force E-6. I also love how they say it is a "Doomsday" aircraft. What kinda bullshit is that?

AGREED, THE AUTHOR GOATSCREWED IT ON THE BRANCH OF SERVICE, POSSIBLY RELYING ON MEMORY BACK TO THE DAYS WHEN THE USAF DID RUN "LOOKING GLASS", IN THE USAF's EC-135's.

IF THE AUTHOR HAD ACTUALLY CHECKED WIKI, SEE BELOW, HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN HIS FACTS A LITTLE STRAIGHTER

It conveyed instructions from the National Command Authority to fleet ballistic missile submarines, a mission known as TACAMO (Take Charge and Move Out). The E-6B model deployed in October 1998 kept this role, but added further command post capabilities and control of land-based missiles and nuclear-armed bombers. The E-6B replaced Air Force EC-135Cs in the "Looking Glass" role, providing command and control of U.S. nuclear forces should ground-based control become inoperable.

Codenamed Looking Glass, it is United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)'s Airborne Command Post, designed to take over in case the Global Operations Center (GOC), located at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, is destroyed or incapable of communicating with strategic forces. The term "looking glass" is used because it "mirrors" the abilities of the GOC to control nuclear forces.

THE "DOOMSDAY" MONICKER MAY SEEM A BIT MELODRAMATIC, BUT IF IT EVER HAS TO ASSUME THE "LOOKING GLASS" PORTION OF ITS MISSION, THAT MEANS THAT GOC OFFUT IS PROBABLY GONE, CHEYNNE MOUTAIN IS PROBABLY GONE, AND WASHINGTON IS DEFINITELY GONE.

AND "GONE" DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN PHYSICALLY DESTROYED, AN EMP STRIKE, DONE RIGHT , WILL WIPE OUR SLATE FOR ANYTHING ELECTRICAL; POWER, COMMUNICATIONS, ETC., ETC., WITH NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE FROM THE ACTUAL AT-ALTITUDE DETONATION ITSELF.

HOPEFULLY, AT THAT POINT, THE SURVIVING COMPONENT OF THE NATIONAL COMMAND AUTHORITY WILL BE TRANSMITTING STRIKE INSTRUCTIONS TO LOOKING GLASS, FROM THE PROVERBIAL "UNDISCLOSED LOCATION".

SO, ALL THAT CONSIDERED, THE TERM "DOOMSDAY" WOULDN'T BE TOO FAR OUT OF LINE.

THIS COUNTRY's GREATEST STRENGTH IS TECHNOLOGY; IT IS ALSO ITS GREATEST ACHILLES HEEL, AND THE BAD GUYS KNOW IT.

JESS1344

BWS1,

THE TERM "ELECTRONIC WARFARE" CAN BE VIEWED AS AN OVERALL UMBRELLA TERM, WITH EACH PANEL OF THE UMBRELLA REPRESENTING A DIFFERENT PART OF THE CRAFT.

THE "E" PREFIX IS SERVICE-WIDE, REGARDLESS OF INDIVIDUAL BRANCH.

THE TWO BELOW ARTICLES SHOULD HELP.

JESS1344