I've recently got into seeing all the different kinds of rounds out there and my favorite as of today is shooting that 3 ball and chain magnum round. Packs quite a punch from the last time I went out to shoot.

What are some of your favorite rounds?

Edited by rayne2ravage
  • Like 1

Just general shooting, I like slugs. Evaporating melons, pumpkins and such, I like heavy birdshot or light buck. If I'm letting someone else shoot my ammo, I like the cheap bulk Federal birdshot.

*Edit* Wanting to get a Lee slug mold to make cheap slugs. Haven't yet.

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 1

I would love to get into reloading and making my own shells. My saiga is done however, I am still waiting to get my internals back from pauly before I post post pictures.

Another crazy round I picked up was the dime shot. one loaded with US dimes and the other CA dimes. I should have got a few more because those did some damage. It seems like anyone could learn to make their own rounds if they had the equipment.

Something Id be very much interested in learning.

I personally enjoy the spread of 4 buck. never shot 000 buck yet.

Dimes? LOL! Go pop open some cheap winchester and fill it with washers. Harder metal and much less expensive! Melt candle wax into your cheap bird shot and you have a mean ass close quarters slug that will fragment after initial impact. Rubber slugs are always nice to use as a warning shot, to the balls.

• Like 1

For HD I use a 8rd mag and my first shot is #4 bird shot Black Cloud (so I don't have buckshot/ slugs flying towards my son if the shot was from my bedroom), followed by seven #4 buckshot loads. If that doesn't stop one or two bad guys I'm not sure what would.

Frag 12

Ok guy... lol

is this you at the range?

I need to start reloading I have the lions share of high brass hulls, I decided I would do buck for now, need all the stuff to do slugs still, unless I can find a reasonable source for slugs, still would need the crimper and learn how to use it

Edited by Syndicate

Next on the list is trying out flachete rounds. anyone?

lol washers sound serious. If i get my own press and everything else I need. I'll definitly spend the time making such rounds.

My only question is at what point do you have to think enough is enough. I'm not trying to damage the inside of my barrel. Or is that a non issue with saigas being able to anything you feed it?

I second the 4 buck dubya.

I like my 2 3/4" Centurions. One big ole' .65 caliber steel ball on top of six #1 buckshot coming at you at 1300 fps. I bought a shitload of them a few years back. I'm also very partial to 3" Remington Accu-Tip sabot slugs. I can pull 3" groups at 100 yrds all day long out of my rifled 870, I use these babies on deer in my yard. Just wish they weren't so damned expensive.

The DDupleks rounds are pretty cool and they do some damage. The DD steel slugs (Monolit) are WICKED, they don't expand or fragment, so penetration is pretty damn good.! The Hexolit will wreck some shop too with a huge amount of expansion.

Remington Sluggers are my favorite off the shelf slug, only because of price and availability.

Thanks Syndicate.

Ill have to load some up and try that out definitely with the washers.

Still can't believe no one likes the ball and chain rounds. Pure sabotage right there

Who knows of a good reload kit for beginners i could start getting into this down the road.

I don't like the ball and chain ones due to flight paths being all over in my experience

I like the KISS method, that and loading them yourself proves weird at best and the results are poor at best.

We used to screw around loading screws, rocks and odd bits when I was younger, but a scored/ruined barrel due to poor wad choice was had once, so I usually stick to simple matters. Man I wish they had cheap digi video cams back then and youtube, I'd be youtube famous lol

• Like 1

We used to screw around loading screws, rocks and odd bits when I was younger, but a scored/ruined barrel due to poor wad choice was had once, so I usually stick to simple matters. Man I wish they had cheap digi video cams back then and youtube, I'd be youtube famous lol

You must teach me your ways lol