i was at my local gun shop today and while looking at the s&w m&p 22 the sales guy pulls out one of these in 9mm. i've been looking for something like this for awhile, and had settled on trying to find a mec tec ccu in 9 and also holding my breath for a saiga 9. i though i had been through most of the options out there ( for various reasons, i just don't like the beretta storm, high point, and im just not paying that for a keltec sub or hk ump/usc) but i had never heard of them before, and i have to admit, i like it.

i was wondering about the trigger, which is one of the bigger complaints out there. the language was a bit vague . is it an actual AR trigger or AR "style " trigger?

anyways, anyone who has shot one or owns one, i'd appreciate the input, thanks

Also, mods, sorry. i know this should probably go in another section, but stuff at my local shop goes quick even in good times, and their prices are fair, so i don't expect it to stay long. just hoping to reach a larger crowd in a shorter time

I don't know about the 9, but the 22 is a normal trigger. You could take it out and install it in your mil spec AR-15 if you wished. The pins are a bit longer due to the manufacture costs being cut by polymer lower, which has thicker walls. I shoved a mil spec CMC trigger in mine, and it worked like a charm.

CMC is just down the road from me, and I have been meaning to get by there and buy one of their triggers. Not sure if I want the straight or curved, being that all I have ever had is the curved. My brother in law swears by the straight tactical trigger. I have dry fired his, and it is pretty nice. Much cleaner break than my RRA trigger. My goal is to put the RRA in my 15-22, and the CMC in an AR.

I just got a PPS43 and have a 9mm barrel on order for it. When it is all said and done, I'll have $600 into it after the tax to SBR it. They don't have an AR trigger but are a proven Russian designed subgun if you have to have a 9mm.

I built a 9mm AR pistol using a Hahn top load receiver block. It uses colt pattern mags and modified Uzi mags. All i have to do to change use a .223 upper is pull the block out. It is possibly one of my favorite guns to shoot.

thanks for the input so far everybody. im trying to find something that takes an unmodified readily available magazine (preferably one i already have) thats why i like the saiga 9 and ccu so much, and thats what stopped me from buying an hk usc. i almost bought a kel tec a year ago, but opted for some other things, and now i regret it. its a nice gun, but im just not willing to pay what they're asking for it right now.

Were I to own a evil firearm shocked.gif

The kel-tec sub2k 40SW due to being able to fit in a backpack and being much better than folks gave it credit at first. lot of nice features on the little rifle.

Also a HP 995 9mm makes a nice little utility/truck gun, again another firearm thats much better than its rep in the media.

Best I ever shot was the Marlin Camp in 45, cant find one now for anything.

Here is my .45acp just right carbine. Runs like a sewing machine.

photo2_zpsbc1736eb.jpg

Super-sweet firearm there Praetorian . . but I'd expect nothing less from you. wink.png

Below is a photo of my new 9mm Carbine that I'll be picking-up from my FFL Dealer tomorrow (Monday). Well . . . specifically it's to be my wife's, but we all know how that goes with most firearms. biggrin.png

Much like the OP, I had been considering a pistol cartridge carbine for the last couple of years. It wasn't until I happened across Dakota Tactical and Joe Stoppiello's exemplary work, that I was convinced I had found what I had been looking for in a Title-1 firearm. Joe refers to these as his D34 9mm Carbine.

DakotaTacticalD349mmCarbine_forSue_zps95

~Gary

Edited by Gary

Aww G, flattery will get you everywhere. This thing is awesome and is really easy to hit cans @ 100M. The silver dot off to the right of the center red dot is a can if you zoom in. It is sitting on a 8x14 steel plate. I moved it left for illustration purposes. Although I do also have a UMP this is the better platform being a DBBRL. With a happy switch it's faster than a 9mm but 7130 grains (one in the pipe) it's hefty. You'll have to provide a range report when you get a chance.

photo9_zps95d41e2f.jpg

photo1_zpsebd78f8e.jpg

Edited by U.S Praetorian
  • Like 1

Do the Just Right Carbines use Glock Magazines like the Kel Tec Sub 2k? I'm just wondering if you could use the 50 and 100 round Glock drums with these like you can the Sub 2k?

yes they do use glock mags. and according to the salesman, he's had the drums in one before. i tried it with a 33 rounder.

been doing more research and it appears the original doesn't include a stop for the magazine, and it has a metal mag release, so there are complaints of failures due to people jamming the mags in too far, and the mag release eats the mags up a bit. apparently a couple years back they redid a few things and cleared up a number of issues, and offered free upgrades to all previous guns already out. not sure yet what that includes, but reviews made after that seem favorable

praetorian- no fair! thats one hell of an hk you have there. you posted a link to it awhile back that relit my interest in finding a good pistol caliber carbine, and even though its an expensive buy in, it was really the mag price and spare parts that kind of ended for me. still, that thing is awesome.

And as usual, gary's latest picture has me furiously scanning the web for something i've never seen but really really want..

• Like 1

Stock late Inland M1 Carbine with a registered M2 "trigger pak". Right now it is in a Choate folder. Still trying to figure out how to mount my Leopold 1x4x20 compact scope on it without drilling and tapping the receiver. The downside is that it takes lots of practice to put a very quick 5 shots on target. Also very expensive to shoot. The upside is that it is very fun. All NFA rules apply. HB of CJ (old coot) :)

GUYS,

WHAT I'VE NEVER FIGURED OUT, IS WHY, WITH ALL THESE COMPANIES THAT MAKE AFTERMARKET STOCKS FOR SO MANY THINGS, WHY SOMEONE DOESN'T MAKE ONE FOR THE HI-POINT CARBINES THAT WILL TAKE A DOUBLE STACK MAG, PREFERABLY GLOCK.

PARTICULARLY NOW THAT THEY'RE AVAILABLE IN ALL 3 CALIBERS.

JESS1344

Not sure the market is there, all I would ever do is drag it out once in while to check functionality.

It aint pretty it aint sexy it just goes bang and hits.

Have enough trouble keeping the tacti-cool off the sub2k.

Edited by Rhodes1968

Here is my .45acp just right carbine. Runs like a sewing machine.

photo2_zpsbc1736eb.jpg

Super-sweet firearm there Praetorian . . but I'd expect nothing less from you. wink.png

Below is a photo of my new 9mm Carbine that I'll be picking-up from my FFL Dealer tomorrow (Monday). Well . . . specifically it's to be my wife's, but we all know how that goes with most firearms. biggrin.png

Much like the OP, I had been considering a pistol cartridge carbine for the last couple of years. It wasn't until I happened across Dakota Tactical and Joe Stoppiello's exemplary work, that I was convinced I had found what I had been looking for in a Title-1 firearm. Joe refers to these as his D34 9mm Carbine.

DakotaTacticalD349mmCarbine_forSue_zps95

~Gary

A few photos of my wife's new Dakota Tactical D34 Carbine taken last night. Enjoy. grimace.gif

CIMG5376_zpsb4416361.jpg

CIMG5375_zps710478e6.jpg

CIMG5378_zpsedcfefd5.jpg

CIMG5390_zps2b22336d.jpg

CIMG5394_zpsc78107e2.jpg

• Like 1

very nice gary. i've been looking all over the place for what one of those cost, i can't seem to find any price online. i did see some prices for some of his other rifles. it was a bit out of my price range. but still, sweet rifle

as of now i've scrapped the idea for a just right. after alot of research, it seems that most work okay, but the trigger seems subpar. i think at this point, i'd rather put in an order for a sub 2k and just wait the 1+ year, and just get a rock river 9mm ar

I hope it turns out for you. 9mm or 40sw whatever your ammo situation dictates will do you well.

Keep it simple keep it functional and try out different methods of carry as it will even fit in a good sized fanny pack, just dont get caught breaking any laws :)

it may save your rear end one day.

Just mounted a Leupold Tactical Prismatic optic on it. . . and I am really liking it.

CIMG5417_zps689ef554.jpg

CIMG5420_zps59971941.jpg

Sweet! what is the reticle like on that? Scratch that, I saw what it looks like in your album, very nice.

CIMG5400_zps954eb154.jpg