7,62x39 ammo gone bye bye?

Is the whole country out of 7,62? I know it's drying up because of the Iraqi military's high demand. I say give them .22's and let us keep the good stuff! :D Does anyone have any tips on where to look?

See the following thread and Ammoman.com for 7.62 ammo.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=8673

Thanks wolvie! ;)

The best price I found for Wolf 7.62 x 39 FMJ or HP is Sportsman's Guide

Without the club discount and using the discount coupon codes

500 rounds shipped $ 57.46

1000 rounds shipped $107.96

2000 rounds shipped $202.93

Thanks wolvie! ;)

The best price I found for Wolf 7.62 x 39 FMJ or HP is Sportsman's Guide

Without the club discount and using the discount coupon codes

500 rounds shipped $ 57.46

1000 rounds shipped $107.96

2000 rounds shipped $202.93

Thats pretty good. About the same as Cabela's. I make a trip there about twice a year.

:dollar:

well considering that Lake city is putting out as much ammo as it can, and they are working on improvements to the high speed production lines, I am still not suprised that there is still a shortage of 7.62x39. I imagine there will be for some time to come too. I am betting that some came into the country and due the the strength of the dollar the prices will be up for a while.

Yes, indeed there is no Wolf 7.62 to be found on the Net. Backorders galore with no projected date. Hmmmm.......wonder if all those new Iraqi policemen and troops are using our Wolf in their Russian/Saiga AK's. Damn it anyway. :rolleyes:

Where do you find coupon codes for Sportsmansguide and Cabelas?

What is a fair price to pay for Steel Core?

CGuns,

Shhhhhh........

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/section/section.asp?s=2993

I don't know about Cabella's as I have only ordered from them twice and then based upon reasonable price and the nifty ammo boxes when buying 1k rounds.

Wolf brand in 7.62x39 is virtually gone and on backorder everywhere. Prices are rising and will be dictated by supply and demand. I'd try a Gun show if you can get to one real soon.

Good luck.

Wolverine

Yes, indeed there is no Wolf 7.62 to be found on the Net. Backorders galore with no projected date. Hmmmm.......wonder if all those new Iraqi policemen and troops are using our Wolf in their Russian/Saiga AK's. Damn it anyway. :rolleyes:

I have 4X 640 round cans on backorder with Sportsmansguide - Hollow Points so if the Iraqi police are taking it to em with those I'll wait as long as they need me too. :killer:

I have 4X 640 round cans on backorder with Sportsmansguide - Hollow Points so if the Iraqi police are taking it to em with those I'll wait as long as they need me too. :killer:

I think it is both current use and stockpiling for future use as we accelerate efforts to hand over security and get out as soon as we can without collapse.

I was at AIM Surplus (my favorite toy store) and they said the Russian government took over ammo production of 7.63x39 rounds for their army. They are also waiting for supplies to come in since they are also sold out. Another dealer Matt's SKSs was also out of this caliber but they had Olympic 40 round boxes; brass cases Boxer primed which they were selling at the Sharonville, Ohio gun show. My friends and I have a hard time finding the 7.63x39 rounds at the shows. It doesn't matter what Russian ammo brand, they're all sold out. Wolf, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Golden Bear, Golden Tiger etc. we haven't seen any. I did see some Yugoslavian made ammo on stripper clips but it's corrosive and some Chinese rounds.

I hope our supply of inexpensive 7.63x39 ammo is NOT being dried up by the government. I don't want to see the 7.63x39 rounds become as expensive as the British .303 that Enfield owners have to pay if they want to shoot their rifles.

wolf is manufactured in spain though.

the olympic ammo that ive shot is horrendously inconsistant, from powder charges to case lengths, you name it, ive had problems with it. my gas piston on my rifle actually loosened up from shooting that stuff, because of the hot loads that are very frequent. I dont buy the stuff anymore.

there is no shortage where I am of 7.62x39, although now that Ive said that, my sources wont have any when I go there! the big conglomerates dont have the stuff where I am, in fairness.

www.classicarms.us is posting that they just received a small shipment in.

I've been wondering if I should change calibers. My Saiga is my SHTF gun and the concern in that type of senario is availability of ammo.I guess I'll wait in see if RAAC ever delivers a Saiga. Maybe I'll pick up a .223.

I have both for Saiga calibers for that very reason. Also stock military surplus in .308 for my M1A's for SHTF scenerio. Another option might be the 12g as it is also pretty universal and widely available. Your on the right track. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Wolverine

http://ammoman.com/index.htm Eric just got some wolf in a little high but i'll deal with it. 149.99 1000 rounds shipped

It will move pretty fast once word gets out. Looks like it is about $0.04 higher per round than in the past although we knew an across the board increase was expected on Wolf 7.62.

At the current price of $0.15 per rd I can shoot SA .308 from AIM although that has just gone up to about $0.17. Must be demand is up around the globe for ammo. Either it has hit the fan or someone is stockpiling preparing for SHTF.

Wolverine

I've been wondering if I should change calibers. My Saiga is my SHTF gun and the concern in that type of senario is availability of ammo.I guess I'll wait in see if RAAC ever delivers a Saiga. Maybe I'll pick up a .223.

I have both for Saiga calibers for that very reason. Also stock military surplus in .308 for my M1A's for SHTF scenerio. Another option might be the 12g as it is also pretty universal and widely available. Your on the right track. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Wolverine

If there was ever any SHTF senario, things would have to be pretty bad to be worrying about going through 1000 rounds.

Wolverine

If there was ever any SHTF senario, things would have to be pretty bad to be worrying about going through 1000 rounds.

got AK ammo out the ass down here in Mexizona, just picked up a bunch for 98 bucks for a 1000 or around 2 bucks a box.