DAVEM

JUST SPOKE WITH A YOUNG LADY AT K-VAR, AISLING BY NAME, AND SHE CONFIRMED THAT IT DOES IN FACT HAVE A CHROMED BARREL.

I CITED THE G&A ONLINE ARTICLE, AND THAT IT DID NOT MENTION THAT FEATURE, AND THAT MAYBE G&A COULD GO BACK INTO THEIR ONLINE ARTICLE AND MENTION THAT.

SHE SAID THAT SHE'D CHECK ON THAT, AND ALSO THAT K-VAR SHOULD SHORTLY BE POSTING SOMETHING ON THIS NEW RIFLE, ON THEIR W-SITE.

JESS1344

• Like 1

Cool it's basically the same milled Bulgarian rifle that Arsenal has been selling for years, with a different stock.

But there's only 500 made!

Typical Arsenal.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

It's not really "dressed up" so to speak, since that same rifle in FA is in use by Bulgarian military/police. However it doesn't really offer any new features over former SA-series rifles, but in typical Arsenal fashion they give it the neva been dun ba-fuh treatment

• Like 1

I handled a pistol with the same safety, and didnt really care for how hard it was to manipulate. Im sure it would ease up with time, but I also dont know how cosy it will be to shoot with my thumb riding on the left side safety. Its not terribly positioned, but still noticeable. I like the idea, but think that they could have put it up into the receiver a little more out of the way.

I like the rifle, but I'll pass.

They should have bolted the stock locking mechanism that looks LIKE A (Ace folding mechanism) straight to the rear of the receiver.

There, I fixed it for the encyclopedia minded type.

Like my SBS S-12 and SBR Draco.

I'm just not a fan of that extended block between the receiver and stock.

But that's just my taste.

Edited by MfWiC
  • Like 1

It is not an ace folder rather it has a solid looking hinge similar to RPK, it is milled. It is chromed with a steyer barrel. Here is a review of one they sent out as a promotional. I doubt they sent him the worst one in the stack. He says that the safety is smoother than others of the type.

I'm kinda underwhelmed personally but it appeals more than the $1200 arsenals ever did.I think I would rather have a nice $500 bulgy AK74 with plumb furniture and pocket the $700. Or a nice AR. Or save up another $300 and wait until used tavors are $1500.

• Like 1

because US made parts are sent to europe for the initial assembly at the arsenal plant near izh.

Thanks. That's what I assumed but I didn't see the particular parts listed anywhere (my googlefu is weak).

My gripe, sights and mount. Why the hell does it come with the side scope mount? Isnt there a better option out there. Would it kill them to make a hinged dust cover with a full rail mount, a nice flip up rear sight and maybe keep the side rail off the gun all together? The promo picture of the eotech on the kvar mount is wayyyyy too high, id need a thee inch thick cheek rest for christ sakes.

Also, is that catch for the folding stock really as long as it looks?

With all of their production power, and being that this is a limited edition gun, it seems lazy that it comes with such unimaginative features, except the safety that is (which Im not sure I like either).

• Like 2

Yep I would also have an SLR-107. The hybrid milled receiver/modern front end SA series rifles really don't appeal to me very much.

What really turns me off is it appears Arsenal has dumped a lot of money into hyping this rifle, then claims that there are only like 500 of them being imported.

I hate Arsenal's business practice.