Jeezum, according to that, there aren't even people where my family lives!!! oh, if I say somethin like "Damn, there's a lot of Crackers in that box!" but I myself am a Cracker, is that racist? I don't mean nothin, just sayin.....

Too slow on my Ipod Touch. :(

It would be interesting to overlay other data, like crime statistics, voting demographics, and financial solvency of municipalities, etc.

I could probably guess at the some of the results.

Somewhere, in a dark basement, someone is thinking about how to manipulate this information. Probably at 1600 Penn. Ave.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

Don't worry, Obama is going to fix that map for ya real good... No more blue dot only neighborhoods!

The federal government is getting serious about pushing racial and ethnic diversity into

America’s neighborhoods--and is using big data and big money to achieve its aims.

A new interactive database will help regulators, local housing officials and individuals take

action on a newly proposed regulation that would require agencies to “affirmatively further”

the inclusion of minority residents in white neighborhoods.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/23/team-obama-steps-up-racial-standards-for-neighborhoods/

They are going to force the green dots, blue dots, yellow dots, etc to live together. I wonder when they will start forcing some of the blue dots to live in Detroit to balance out the green dots and improve diversity?

well i would say that shit loads slow a hell, but that wouldnt really explain it. When was that program made? 1982?

You and a few others have complained about the speed - it loads almost instantly for me, and it clearly uses Google's MapReduce tech.

Maybe you all have shitty connection speeds?

• Like 1

That's not how MapReduce works - you don't load all the data all at once - that's sort of the point. You can view a massive image, zoom in and out, and only load the data you need to view.

It would be interesting to overlay other data, like crime statistics, voting demographics, and financial solvency of municipalities, etc.

I could probably guess at the some of the results.

If you do some research, you'll find that the crime and poverty maps will over lay this one and align.

I think that is interesting mostly because it shows how little of our country actually has people in it. "Over population" is such chicken little chicken____.

It's actually hard to find Alaska on the map.