Well, the "show" finally made it back to town, hadn't planned on buying anything, just wanted to see what the state of affairs was locally. Me and cousin Steve ( my gun show buddy) made our way through the backside of the metro area of Greenville to the arena. On our way, two older gentlemen caught us at a light and wanted to know if we could tell them how to get to the convention center. I asked them if they were going to the gun show and they said yes, so I told them to follow us. Well, we had us a convoy, small as it was. :)

Thirty minutes after it opened, there were hundreds of folks in line waiting to get in. If this was any sign, it would be a profitable show.

There were S-12's, ( $750-1,000) and two 16" 308's ( $585-650). Also a few Arsenals running $1150 and up.

There were a decent number of WASR10'S at outrageous prices also. Never thought I would see those slant sighted things go for $700 and up!

Amazing thing was that there were PLENTY of AR's of every make, model and caliber at pre freak out prices! To look at them, you wouldn't think that the last five years had taken place! Wished that I had more play money, I would have picked up the 308's and at least one of the S-12's for investing since they will be no more.

I didn't walk away empty handed, I had been looking for a Roger 10-22 takedown since they came out with no success, and Steve pointed one out that was priced $295. If you have been following them, you know I snatched it up quickly!

Ammo was plentiful and surprisingly, there weren't,long lines at those tables, although they were doing a pretty brisk business. Prices were pretty decent except for the .22 ammo. Remington bulk packs of 525 were going for $50. Needless to say, I didn't buy any.

As I was making my way through the extremely thick crowds, I overheard one yuppie looking fellow that might have been in his forties, asking the one on the other end of the phone if it were alright if he got that AR that he was looking at....well, another one joins our ranks!

I am getting older... half way through we had to find an area that wasn't crowded and try to stretch our backs and hips. Cannot make it through the whole thing anymore. I told Steve that we needed to rent a Jazzy the next show. Hey, maybe get a little trailer and pull behind it to haul away the spoils of our day.

Unclejake Out.

The one here had Mini Mags at $17-22 per 100, and other outrageous prices. $1575 for a modded S20 with crappy weld on the vertical charging handle, also with a really crappy red and black brushed paint job. S12 drums at $145 ($84 at local Cabela's). $80 Ruger BX-25 10/22 mags ($34 locally). $20 boxes of 20 XM193 ($8.99 at Cabela's).

The AR's are comming back down, but the AK's were still crazy.

I like your slander on the WASRs. I have one, no mag slop comparable to or any different to my other AKs that have "dimples". It is the only one "AK" I modernized with a receiver extension and Magpul stock, non-standard pistol grip, and a quad rail and it shoots as good as or better than my other AKs. It has no FSB cant either btw. FSB cant can be found on other rifles than a WASR for your information.

Went to my town's gun show a month ago (nothing too big but a decent selection and a good number of booths) 500 10/22 rounds at 80 bucks, 20 rounds of 7.62x39 for 11 bucks, 20 rounds of 7.62x54r for 20 bucks and so on and so on. I saw a few WASR's going for 800 and Vepr's in 7.62x39 and x54r , 5.45, and .308 going for well over 300 - 400 bucks higher than normal. I also saw a few untouched and unconverted Saiga 12's with price tags that made me want to bust out laughing. I came with my money and left with my money. That was one of the worst gun shows iv'e been to in quite a while. About a year ago i racked up a nice cache of goodies i had milled over during my tour through the Houston gun show. I got a lot of good deals on some 7.62, 10/22, AK parts, and some other neat toys. I love a good gun show story, keep em coming!

I like your slander on the WASRs. I have one, no mag slop comparable to or any different to my other AKs that have "dimples". It is the only one "AK" I modernized with a receiver extension and Magpul stock, non-standard pistol grip, and a quad rail and it shoots as good as or better than my other AKs. It has no FSB cant either btw. FSB cant can be found on other rifles than a WASR for your information.

No slander, these were canted badly! Saw them with my own eyes, and being a certified gunsmith, I do recognize canted. I am an AK lover, prefer them over any other type of semi auto ,mid range rifle. I have built and have repaired just about every variant that there is.Just stating my facts friend, not picking a fight.

The BX 25s were running 35-45 bucks today, and most centerfire pistol rounds were decently priced. 223 and x39 a bit pricy, but better than six months ago. Did see a really nice Lewis gun and a couple of 1919's set up on display by some really cool old Korean war vets. Also some pretty good displays of WW1 and WW2 uniforms and a few nice artillery pieces. All in all, an interesting show.

Edited by unclejake
  • Like 1

I don't think I need to go to the gun shows anymore.

It was last Friday night and I was just back from buying my Ruger 22/45 lite at Bass Pro. I was getting it ready to shoot for the first time at the range when there was a knock at the door.

It was two of my closest friends and what they had to tell me put Me on the floor.

They had a friend who left FL, who was in his 90's for NY and did not want to take his ammo or guns with him.

So they were told to give the ammo and guns to someone who deserved it. It floored me that it was I who that person was.

So I was given 3800 round of 9mm and 800 rounds of 40 ACP and a 9mm Sigma and a Sig p250 in 9mm.

I have the spring kit coming for the Sigma trigger ,looks like none of the pistols have be used much.

They would not take any money for the man, none. I am humbled

It was last Friday night and I was just back from buying my Ruger 22/45 lite at Bass Pro. I was getting it ready to shoot for the first time at the range when there was a knock at the door.

It was two of my closest friends and what they had to tell me put Me on the floor.

They had a friend who left FL, who was in his 90's for NY and did not want to take his ammo or guns with him.

So they were told to give the ammo and guns to someone who deserved it. It floored me that it was I who that person was.

So I was given 3800 round of 9mm and 800 rounds of 40 ACP and a 9mm Sigma and a Sig p250 in 9mm.

I have the spring kit coming for the Sigma trigger ,looks like none of the pistols have be used much.

Dang!

It is cute, but to me, it just looks like a fake M1 Carbine. I'll get a real one some day, then I'll have a gun

that looks like that. My two 10/22s are decked out in what I call Appleseed Blaster decor, old wood stocks,

low power scopes, sling mounts and usgi slings.

Got a Marlin 795 LTR for Appleseeds it's a good concept.

Prefer the Marlins due to accuracy, the barrel is a good 1/10" larger than the stock 10/22 and cheaper from the get go.

Havent been to one in since the heart attack but planning on going next year just for the good company and shooting.

Coronet, With Saiga Brand Being ReplaceD By Kalashnikov Concern,There Probably Won't Be Any More Saiga Brand Guns Imported. If There Are Any More Sent Over, It Won't Be Many. Kinda Like Coke Being Renamed.

foodstuffs

Good Things Happen To Us Sometimes , Glad To Gear Of Your Good Fortune! Don't Look It In The Mouth, Just Enjoy And Be Proud! :)

Think I would have pulled the trigger on the S308s, havent seen one for a decent price in while.

If I Would Have Had The Extra Money, I Would Have Jumped On Both Of Them!

I Have A Long Barreled One But Would Love To Have A 16" And Would Have Sit On The Other For Investment. Unfortunately, Play Money Is Severely Low At This Point. Just Glad I Could Swing The Takedown.

Coronet, With Saiga Brand Being ReplaceD By Kalashnikov Concern,There Probably Won't Be Any More Saiga Brand Guns Imported. If There Are Any More Sent Over, It Won't Be Many. Kinda Like Coke Being Renamed.

foodstuffs

Good Things Happen To Us Sometimes , Glad To Gear Of Your Good Fortune! Don't Look It In The Mouth, Just Enjoy And Be Proud! smile.png

It just stunned Me! I still cannot believe it.