I've had bullets come out of .22 cases before...

I've got a brick of this at home, guess I need to look into it.

EDIT: This was released July 31st.  I doubt my ammo is that old.

Edited by Pyzik

July 31st....don't think any of my ammo is that new... last .22 I got was a couple moths before and was Winchester. The Thunderbolt I have is older, but the bullets do seem a little "off" in the cases...cheaply made ammo, but good for the kids Cricket.

Uhrmmm... I've been slowly using up my stash of Thunderbolt purchased over 10 years ago and...

...I've always had problems with the bullets falling out of the case.021.gif

Remington Golden Bullet is real bad for that issue too. Bullet is just barely held in the case. Sometimes just the pressure from loading or even handling will dislodge the projo. If your specific weapon has any kind of feed angle slightly above neutral it will frequently bend the bullet partway out of the case.

Like this one on the left:

post-6253-0-42961300-1381516649_thumb.jpg

Uhrmmm... I've been slowly using up my stash of Thunderbolt purchased over 10 years ago and...

Remington Golden Bullet is real bad for that issue too. Bullet is just barely held in the case. Sometimes just the pressure from loading or even handling will dislodge the projo. If your specific weapon has any kind of feed angle slightly above neutral it will frequently bend the bullet partway out of the case.

Yeah seen a lot of those with Remington in both Marlin 795/60 and Ruger 10/22 as well as a Browning Buckmark so its the ammo. 

Aint ever buying em, rather have that Mexican stuff and I dont like them either.

The following story is not true since I am making it up as I go along....  "Boy, am I glad I have $rich$ buddies who way back when it became apparent that Obama was going to defeat McCain, they went out and bought a PALLET of .22rf Winchester Super X Solids".  Thats......wait for it.....that is.....240,000 rounds?  (dunno fur sures)  Now...if they would just let me borrow some?  Greedy Bastards!  HB of CJ (old coot) smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

attachicon.gifdeformed_bullets.jpg

Took them long enough to have a recall.  I have been avoiding Remington .22 ammo since 2002, their quality sucks and I've experienced more duds and bullets falling off as in the photo above.  I also had Remington .22s from the 80s which were great.  Remoington need to get their act together.

I've got a ton of those. I'd heard about the recall, but never noticed any problems. I guess I should see what lots were affected. I bough most of mine in 2011 or earlier. 

In general, this is decent brick type ammo, unlike their golden bullet line.

The worst .22LR I ever used was the Winchester/Olin standard velocity crap the military bought.  After 1 brick, had the 10/22 so dirty that the firing pin jammed forward, and the rest went slam fire full auto.  Filled up the magwell with unburnt powder. (Bingham 30 rnd mag adapter)  Also lost a High Standard pistol due to a Winchester Super X load blowing out the chamber at the extractor notch. (fire at gunsmith shop finished her off)