Received my package from APEX today and spent a few hours in the workshop. 

The G2 FCG is like night and day compared to the factory trigger.  Had no issue with the retention plate other than minor filing to make the hole for safety a little longer.  The Hogue grip fit without any issue, probably because of sling plate.  I like how the Manticore Arms NightShroud flash hider looks.  The detent plunger is on backorder and should be here within the week.  Sanded stained and poly coated the hand guards.  The grain is enhanced and finish is satin.  Nice, clean and simple.

Do need to acquire a sling.  On the fence about another Israeli Kalashnikov Sling (have them on a rifle and Draco) or maybe picking up a Russian two hook I seen on Ebay.

I very pleased with this pistol.  Picked it up for a great price and didn't put all that much into it so far.  It's nothing super special but it is my M92.

M92_3_zps8b9bd017.jpg

M92_1_zps75ed3031.jpg

M92_2_zps8c4fec6f.jpg

• Like 8

With the upcoming changes to the way the ATF will document aka register those submitting forms.

I'd probably be spending the 300-500 on a lawyer well versed with Trusts, and establishing one before the June(?) deadline.

Then you can submit the form application electronically and save a lot of time.

Trusts save so many hassles.

• Like 2

So do you really think the G2 double hook is that much better than the factory trigger? I thought the factory trigger was pretty nice, but I might just order one to find out.

I'm so pissed that I live in a state that doesn't allow it. I have all the parts to make it a factory-spec underfolder as soon as I have a stamp, but no dice. I have a buddy who I'm going to have weld a barrel extension soon, and I'll have the back trunnion torn out to drill the receiver for the UF hardware..

Several good friends are lawyers and would set up a trust free of charge, so I do have that.

Edited by mancat

So do you really think the G2 double hook is that much better than the factory trigger? I thought the factory trigger was pretty nice, but I might just order one to find out.

Yes it was a dramatic improvement.  My M92 trigger was super crunchy.  Even after cleaning it would drag irregularly up to the break.  I could get it to stick halfway back too.  I'm sure it would have smoothed up with some polishing and more than 120rds use. 

I read many people were OK with the factory set up.  Mine might have been and odd ball or I'm spoiled with the G2's in my Saigas.  Before buying the FCG I spent time comparing trigger pull between the Saiga's, Draco and M92.  Even had the better half dry fire them some.  She agreed it was not in same ballpark.  The factory Draco trigger is fine on the mini.  It's not as clean as the G2's but fine nonetheless.  Never thought about changing it out.

The factory m92 FCG can be gritty from all the machine marks.  I polished mine, and it's butter smooth with a slightly predictable break now.   I have a Bulgy 4-piece from CNC Warrior on mine, and it kills practically all the flash.  One thing I've noticed is it seems to be more balanced with 20 round mags. 

• Like 1

Not greatest example but I think you get the gist.  With no sling or bench plates are 15-16 yards.  Right one is after slight front post adjustment to left and down.

M92_plates_zps8f2541f4.jpg

Pic of sights are after adjustment.  Was starting to get better groupings with 5 in the middle and ran out of time/ammo.  If there is cant it isn't much.  Will take step stool I use as bench next time and try and get her lined up good at 25 yards.

M92_sights_zps8ed00303.jpg

• Like 1

Night and day is the only way I can describe the difference in mine.

I'll never own an AK without a G2 trigger.

• Like 1

Anyone know where I can pick up one of these two fasteners slings besides ebay?

R2sling_zpse0138dfc.jpg

New Original Russian Soviet Army Spetsnaz AK Sling Olive Canvas two fasteners

Upon Google search ebay seems to be the only place I'm finding them.  They are from Russian Federation 19.90 with 9.90 shipping by vendor camocity that has a 97.8% Positive feedback.  Never bought anything on ebay let alone international.  The fine print is making me wonder if there are hidden costs and how much they might be.

Items shipping internationally may be subject to customs processing depending on the item's declared value.

Buyers may be subject to additional charges for customs clearance.

With the upcoming changes to the way the ATF will document aka register those submitting forms.

I'd probably be spending the 300-500 on a lawyer well versed with Trusts, and establishing one before the June(?) deadline.

+1 One who regularly does NFA oriented trusts. 

With a little shopping I found a lawyer that specializes in NFA trusts for $300. The money is worth the peace of mind to me.

With a little shopping I found a lawyer that specializes in NFA trusts for $300. The money is worth the peace of mind to me.

im lucky i bought my first suppressor through maj malfunction and he wrote one up with no added cost

and def a good lookin gun. i am thinkin about the "stabilzing brace" on mine.... need a suppressor though as indoors it would be louuuuuuuD!

• Like 1

Don't you just love wood and steel? Sometimes I wish Hogue would (wood) make their AK grip in a wood grained color like

the handguards. I don't mind black, tan, or earth colors, but to match the wood ... I can dream.

Edited by sobrenegade
  • 2 weeks later...

Received the backordered detent plunger from APEX and a Russian RPK 2 clip sling from a guy in PA that W8lifter recommended this week.  The sling is in excellent condition and just what I wanted.  Between the G2 FCG and sling this little pistol will perform even better than before.  Should be able to try out the upgrades Tuesday if weather is cooperative.

M92wSLING_zpsec5aae5d.jpg

M92wDEDENT_zpsbecc4d44.jpg

• Like 2

I really am liking your pistol.

I don't know why, most times I just click thru these threads/pics and move on.

This one just looks so clean and...  Maybe its just the quality of your pics?

I almost want one right now, but if I do, I know I'll have to SBR it.

And I can't afford to jump through all the hoops right now.

Damn you  scorn.gif

• Like 1

Chile, i would get one now the prices are good and youll have a blast with it whether you sbr or not. I was thinking about sbr-ing mine but i think im going to leave it as it is with a sling and red dot--that way it can stay loaded in a vehicle in my state. Then of course there is the stabilizing brace route, but that just adds length to it and i want mine as compact as possible. Either route you go with it, you wont regret it. NMO, those are some damn good pics, really clean and professional looking.

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliments guys.  I think she looks clean too.  Something simple about the black and wood.  It was overcast (rare) this morning which makes good pics easy.  Not too bad for a cheap point and shoot...the good camera is at work.

M92_4_zps4b52ea62.jpg

Still mulling over the SBR option.  There is a shop in the city I need to talk to soon.

Looks like the Classic Firearms deal has changed and they are out of stock.  J&G still has them for 399.

• Like 1

I'm super pumped about mine, because WA may be giving the OK on SBRs this year. I'm starting to wonder if I should even bother putting a barrel extension on, and may just leave it as a pistol for now until I can do a form 1.

I do like the natural tone of the beech wood when using BLO or a light/clear stain.

Well I guess not all of us can afford top quality cameras...  unhappy.gif

Well I guess not all of us can afford top quality cameras...  unhappy.gif

I don't know about that, all I have is an old, budget, digital pocket camera and I can take good pics.

It's all about knowing a few basics, #1 being lighting, and taking a lot of pics.

My buddy just got his PAP and I got to shoot it. Nice weapon, I like the shape of the handguard. He plans to underfold it like my Draco. Make sure you guys stay 922R compliant even though you are going the SBR route. Stupid a NFA firearm has to comply but I verified it with the Tech. Branch and have a letter as proof.

Just boggles the mind that it's legal to build a rifle with these parts but illegal to build it with these identical parts.

But it is just one example of the countless ways the government makes legitimate behavior a crime.  And there is no rational explanation that doesn't include the word tyranny.